Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Beeswax oil for zippers
« Last post by MG_rider on Today at 08:43:40 AM »
When your zipper pulls wear out contact these guys...

https://www.fixnzip.com/

I feel for you if you had to dismantle an MT-07 :undecided:

EFI in itself is not the problem, how it is packed in many motorcycles is. To me, at least.
General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by faffi on Today at 08:37:06 AM »
Hey! I would like to defend the Deauville :bow: At least the 650, as I have not ridden the 700. It is a very practical motorcycle with surprisingly good handling and excellent comfort. There are two important negatives; the weather support south of your hip is poor (despite extra fairing lowers) and there is a very noticeable amount of vibrations reaching the handlebars.

This is the rear Michelin from my Dullville, a statement to its cornering abilities
General Discussion / Re: Beeswax oil for zippers
« Last post by Ncdan on Today at 08:25:52 AM »
While on motorcycle trips and a sticky jacket zipper occurs, I have used a motels bar of Complementary bar of soap. Simply rub it up and down both sides of the zipper, it’s immediate and last a long time in relieving a hard to zip sticky coat or boot zipper.
General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by Perazzimx14 on Today at 08:23:37 AM »
Agreed. I definitely noticed this but didn't know it was attributable to the twin TBs.

I'd better not ride a big block then. Ignorance is bliss!  :grin:

Thanks. It IS an excellent example of the breed, I'm just not in love with the looks. However, I do find it more timeless than the baby Breva styling. I could talk myself into the Sportster/Virago vibe at the $1200 level some are throwing around (though I see zero signs that's realistic anywhere in the country as of right now), but not at $3K. Rationalizing a motorcycle purchase is always complex. If we did that consistently, we'd all be on Honda NT700Vs/Deauvilles...which I like too!  :grin:

Bite your tongue!
I sort of went the same route, from touting old tech to wanting fuel injection etc. Then I went to change the spark plugs and adjust the valves on my son's MT-07 and learned that am more than willing to live with carbs for easy overall service access.

Yeah, I wrote a manual on the MT/FZ-07, that's another reason I currently own two Guzzis and no Yamahas.

There are "modern" bikes that aren't the equivalent of a Rube Goldberg machine and EFI is dead simple once you get down to it. But that's a whole other conversation.

I’ve been to Billy Joel’s place on Long Island twice.  You can walk in and look around at many of his bikes.  He’s a huge Guzzi fan.  The first time we spend the day with Alex, his curator/mechanic.  All is bikes are registered and road worthy.  He has a California Vintage (last of the Tonti Cali’s) with custom made Eldorado tins.  Tank, fenders, side covers, etc.  The tank is much larger front to back to mount on the Tonti frame.  Lots of custom fabrication, but he can afford it.  So it’s a “modern” 1100cc bike with classic Loopframe bodywork.  If Guzzi would make that, I’d be first in line.  Oh, and I’ve had two, police Eldo’s and currently have a police Ambo.  Best looking Guzzi’s hands down!
General Discussion / Breva on ADVRider
« Last post by nick949 on Today at 07:10:31 AM »
This is a link to my regular, monthly column on the AdventureRider forum.
This month's submission is about my new-to-me Breva 1100 and the reactions it seems to inspire.

https://www.advrider.com/going-backwards-to-the-breva/

Nick

How about a V9 Roamer

Suitable for short legged people, lightweight, will get up and go if you ask it and looks as cool as heck

But I might be biased  :evil: :evil:

I sort of went the same route, from touting old tech to wanting fuel injection etc. Then I went to change the spark plugs and adjust the valves on my son's MT-07 and learned that am more than willing to live with carbs for easy overall service access. Fuel injection is nice when it works, but man if you have to rip into it on some bikes, like the mentioned Yamaha, the CBF1000, Ducati Multistrada and more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here