Author Topic: Not an April Fools Day Joke: Consumer Reports Motorcycle Owners Survey! (NGC!)  (Read 1965 times)

Offline sib

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Smallest state, 221 times smaller than Texas, often compared to the size of an oil slick, forest fire, or ice sheet
As I was leafing through the latest issue of Consumer Reports last night, I did a double take at a motorcycle satisfaction survey report.  I never would have thought that "Consumer Reports" and "Motorcycle" would appear in the same sentence, but there it was, an actual report in the printed pages.  The summary is that owners of Victory bikes reported the highest satisfaction, followed by those of Japanese brands.  BMW didn't fare so well, and, of course, there was no mention at all of Moto Guzzi.  Consumer Reports must have exercised a lot of self restraint to not say anything negative about motorcycles per se.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 01:52:31 PM by sib »
Current: 2021 V7 Stone E5
Previous: 2016 V7II Stone
Previous: 2013 V7 Stone
Several decades ago: 1962? Honda CB77 Super Hawk

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
You think motorcycles and Consumer Reports is an odd pair, check out their "Licit and Illicit Drugs", one of my favorite books.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Online Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
I like the magazine overall and have used it a number if times when making purchase decisions. Possibly they have come to figure that enough of their subscribers are riders that he may now be worth their time. If not, isn't that what we have Consumer Motorcycle News for?
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here