Author Topic: Hey Rodekyll , a bit of future planning .  (Read 1930 times)

oldbike54

Hey Rodekyll , a bit of future planning .
« on: August 09, 2017, 05:43:18 PM »
 Fall rally season is approaching rapidly , the GRIT rally late Sept , the Okie on the following weekend, Swamp Scooters in Nov , and maybe an impromptu gathering in there somewhere , dunno.

Anyway , the Turnip is asking about you doing some more work for him and Beaver , and we always seem to need a skilled mechanic at the Okie , so we need to do some coordinating . Let me know what your plans are please . As always , you won't get rich , but we can provide some fair recompense .

Dusty

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
Re: Hey Rodekyll , a bit of future planning .
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 07:59:28 PM »
I may be able to get clear of WA by then.  I got stiffed on a job so I'm short of travelling funds right now, but I expect that to change.  I have an urge to see my new grandkid in MN, and I think there's a job I need to get done in WI this fall.  How far is this Okie you speak of from there?  If I can make it I have no problem being the Okie mechanic, except for the Okie part.

I've still got Beaver's dune buggy to rewire in Texas, so I'm going to be local to the Oleo Ranch, and it doesn't make sense to not antagonize Wilson.  Besides, Tex always has some piece of machinery to work on that I've never seen before.  I find that entertaining.  So tell Tex (apparently we're feuding again -- and it's only Wednesday  :boxing:  :boozing:) to start putting the tie on the doorknob if I'm not supposed to walk in.

Oh -- and I suspect Beaver's problem with the V7 is the ignition switch.  Can't have her dead in the water.  If she's reading this -- I don't know the specifics of the V7 switch, but I think it needs to come apart for an inspection and maybe resoldering/cleaning up or replacing.  I think something came undone in it back at the TMRA rally.

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 08:48:06 PM »
Yep, a wrench like you can be pretty handy to have around RK, thanks again for savin' my arse @CV. I'll send you some cash to compensate for getting the crappy end of the stick if you need me too.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:48:34 PM by Guzzistajohn »
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 09:32:34 PM »
  I have an urge to see my new grandkid in MN, 
don't know what you plan but if you fly in to MSP I have a car you can use while your here. If riding, my garage/shop is open for your use. could probably crash here too.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 09:32:34 PM »

oldbike54

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 09:40:50 PM »
 RK , the Okie is only a short jaunt from the Oleo Ranch .

Dusty

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 10:43:43 PM »
Yep, a wrench like you can be pretty handy to have around RK, thanks again for savin' my arse @CV. I'll send you some cash to compensate for getting the crappy end of the stick if you need me too.

Thanks. :)

I was on-call for the rally, John.  They took care of me.  Just another Cedar Vale Rally service.  I got off easy -- yours was the only patient.

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 10:49:29 PM »
RK , the Okie is only a short jaunt from the Oleo Ranch .

Dusty

I'll probably be coming in from WI.

oldbike54

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 10:57:13 PM »
I'll probably be coming in from WI.

Well then , sounds like a thru trip to Tex's place for the GRIT , then next week make the short hop to Talihena for the Okie . I will be down for the GRIT , with a couple of days in Galveston in between .

Dusty

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 12:10:34 AM »
I may be able to get clear of WA by then.  I got stiffed on a job so I'm short of travelling funds right now, but I expect that to change. 
feuding again -- and it's only Wednesday  :boxing:  :boozing:) to start putting the tie on the doorknob if I'm not supposed to walk in.

Yeah, according to Rodekyll he got stiffed on a job here in Kingman, Az. This is like divorce court.  Until you have heard both sides of the story, don't assume you know the truth. We're still negotiating.

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 01:32:50 AM »
I may be able to get clear of WA by then.  I got stiffed on a job so I'm short of travelling funds right now, but I expect that to change. 
feuding again -- and it's only Wednesday  :boxing:  :boozing:) to start putting the tie on the doorknob if I'm not supposed to walk in.

Yeah, according to Rodekyll he got stiffed on a job here in Kingman, Az. This is like divorce court.  Until you have heard both sides of the story, don't assume you know the truth. We're still negotiating.

According to Rodekyll . . . WHAT??  I reread my post and this nonsensically edited quote, and I don't see where I mentioned any of that, Randy, -- not you, Kingman, or any side of any story.  You've simply inserted it into an unrelated conversation.  Why, I can't guess. 

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 02:10:40 AM »

According to Rodekyll . . . WHAT??  I reread my post and this nonsensically edited quote, and I don't see where I mentioned any of that, Randy, -- not you, Kingman, or any side of any story.  You've simply inserted it into an unrelated conversation.  Why, I can't guess.

You have already told me you were going to try to muster up sympathy for your situation in our disagreement on what I should pay you for what you did while staying here for almost 3 weeks as assisting me on working on my different bikes/scooters on your way back to your 2 sisters places in Reno, Nevada and Puget Sound (Washington St.).  You have threatened me if I don't agree to your claims.  We have yet to come to an agreement on how much you should be paid for your services with many things in the way.

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 02:36:51 AM »

You have already told me you were going to try to muster up sympathy for your situation in our disagreement on what I should pay you for what you did while staying here for almost 3 weeks as assisting me on working on my different bikes/scooters on your way back to your 2 sisters places in Reno, Nevada and Puget Sound (Washington St.).  You have threatened me if I don't agree to your claims.  We have yet to come to an agreement on how much you should be paid for your services with many things in the way.

Yet you are the one laying out your case in public.  I am not discussing it in open forum.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 04:28:31 AM by rodekyll »

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 06:19:55 AM »
RK,
The top secret entry codes for the shop are the same :laugh: Your dumb-ass cat somehow got in the rafters and knocked down more insulation. Something else to fix. The anti-theft system is still working for the '82 Chev.

I have an almost worthless cat. He let a lizard crawl over him without moving. RK claims to not like him, but if Wilson is not in by dark, guess who is worried?

Still have loads of engines, transmissions, exhaust pipes etc to unload. Think I'll just take it to the scrap yard instead of messing with E-bay and losing money on their worthless shipping rates.

Another winning  arm pit smelling contest today. See, who should we pick for a judge? :wink:

Texas Turnip

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2017, 07:28:40 PM »
RK,
The top secret entry codes for the shop are the same :laugh: Your dumb-ass cat somehow got in the rafters and knocked down more insulation. Something else to fix. The anti-theft system is still working for the '82 Chev.

I have an almost worthless cat. He let a lizard crawl over him without moving. RK claims to not like him, but if Wilson is not in by dark, guess who is worried?

Still have loads of engines, transmissions, exhaust pipes etc to unload. Think I'll just take it to the scrap yard instead of messing with E-bay and losing money on their worthless shipping rates.

Another winning  arm pit smelling contest today. See, who should we pick for a judge? :wink:

Texas Turnip

Gotta check my database for those codes.  I think I still have them.   :laugh:

Not my cat.  It's your county-issued therapy cat.  It owns you and tells you what to do.

And yeah, if nobody wants to drive a truck to the oleo ranch and haul off a huge stash of parts, I think the scrapyard is where they're headed.  We can't give the stuff away.  Goddess knows we tried.

Oh, and  :wink:

Well then , sounds like a thru trip to Tex's place for the GRIT , then next week make the short hop to Talihena for the Okie . I will be down for the GRIT , with a couple of days in Galveston in between .

Dusty

On the map it looks like fun.  I will try to do it.  I'm trying to work my way around the country, so it would be nice to pick up some more jobs along the way.  I've got another offer from the San Diego area, so SoCal could well be another destination.  Folks tried this with me some last year, and routing/timing was not cooperative for everyone.  If we didn't hook up last time, or if you've got something that could benefit from my efforts, let me know. 

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here