Author Topic: need some red suspendered volunteers...  (Read 3406 times)

lucydad

need some red suspendered volunteers...
« on: May 17, 2015, 07:41:16 PM »
All,

Tlaloc is the Aztec god of rain and fertility.  We have had way, way too much rain here on the Gulf Coast of Texas the past few months.  Oklahoma and Kansas have been hammered too.

Today another apocalypse moved through TEXAS-- and I congratulated myself on not getting on the Guzzi and riding to church. Tlaloc loves to drown motorcycle riders like rats in a sewer.  Flinging lightning is another past time.  Worst are tornadoes and hurricanes.

So, I am proposing a sacrifice to Tlaloc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tlaloc

Since we need an inverse effect (dryer, less rain and lightning and tornadoes and hail), the typical prisoner or small child will not work.  We need instead old grumpy men that wear red suspenders.  

May I have a volunteer or two for the alter?  Think of the honor. Guaranteed also will be rain for California.   Tlaloc  (Chaac in Anasazi or Inca pantheon)  also provides abundant crops.

Yep, had enough.  Time for a sacrifice.  I can't imagine what hurricane season will be like without one of you fine gents stepping forward.

lucydad

Re: need some red suspendered volunteers...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 07:53:40 PM »
Dusty,

That may help.  BMW cage was bad enough on rain blinded/wind/lightning/flooding freeway...fed up with rain here.  Ground so saturated any event causes flooding now.  Read that El Nino has set up and we may stay in this pattern all year.  But the Nino is toxic to hurricanes? 

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 07:55:30 PM »
I volunteer Dusty.

Offline CalVin2007

• fickle old fool
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 08:16:34 PM »
I volunteer Dusty.

Yes....anyone named "dusty" should bring dry weather.  ;)

Terry
'07 CalVin
 '79 TT500
 '78 SR500
 '80 SR500

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 08:16:34 PM »

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
  • '72 Eldo - 1980 to 1990 - '99 Bassa 2014 - 2023
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 09:07:49 PM »
I'm as flexible as the next guy when it comes to alternate deities, but isn't [Dusty] already earmarked to be raffled off for a flogging?

This Tlaloc guy seems to have been satisfied with trinkets most of the year anyway. I'm all for more rain for Cali, but can't we just use a chicken? Free range organic Rosie's ought to do it.

(EDIT) Bombay Sapphire and tonic on ice tonight...

:BEER:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 09:09:06 PM by normzone »
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 09:25:19 PM »
Would love to help out but my suspenders are Husqvarna orange. And I'm Canadian to boot .... you all know how bland we are.
No Aztec deity is going to munch down bland and be happy about it.
Sorry.
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 09:31:57 PM »
I'm as flexible as the next guy when it comes to alternate deities, but isn't [Dusty] already earmarked to be raffled off for a flogging?

This Tlaloc guy seems to have been satisfied with trinkets most of the year anyway. I'm all for more rain for Cali, but can't we just use a chicken? Free range organic Rosie's ought to do it.

(EDIT) Bombay Sapphire and tonic on ice tonight...

:BEER:

If we flogged him first and then sacrificed him (doesn't work the other way 'round) we'd be squeezing every jot from the turnip -- a sure sign to the goddess that the tribute comes from guzzisti.

Offline Late to the party

• Gosling
  • 1987 1000 SP2
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 09:46:16 AM »
Would love to help out but my suspenders are Husqvarna orange. And I'm Canadian to boot .... you all know how bland we are.
No Aztec deity is going to munch down bland and be happy about it.
Sorry.

Never know, change of diet might do the old deity good.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 11:04:05 AM »
I'd do it, but I'm pretty sure you are supposed to use a virgin..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 11:51:01 AM »
All,

Tlaloc is the Aztec god of rain and fertility.  We have had way, way too much rain here on the Gulf Coast of Texas the past few months.  Oklahoma and Kansas have been hammered too.

Today another apocalypse moved through TEXAS-- and I congratulated myself on not getting on the Guzzi and riding to church. Tlaloc loves to drown motorcycle riders like rats in a sewer.  Flinging lightning is another past time.  Worst are tornadoes and hurricanes.

So, I am proposing a sacrifice to Tlaloc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tlaloc

Since we need an inverse effect (dryer, less rain and lightning and tornadoes and hail), the typical prisoner or small child will not work.  We need instead old grumpy men that wear red suspenders.  

May I have a volunteer or two for the alter?  Think of the honor. Guaranteed also will be rain for California.   Tlaloc  (Chaac in Anasazi or Inca pantheon)  also provides abundant crops.

Yep, had enough.  Time for a sacrifice.  I can't imagine what hurricane season will be like without one of you fine gents stepping forward.

Does the sacrifice have to be virgin?
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 12:09:59 PM »
Let's review the specifics of the alleged threat:

" Just a thought here...

" Dusty is wheels up and headed for home and will be severely flogged if he shuts the bike down for any reason before he reaches his driveway "

Perhaps as a fundraiser for the forum we could raffle off the opportunity to severely flog Dusty. It's not my thing, but there's got to be somebody who would pay for the chance. "

The lawyer lobe of my brain doesn't really view this as threat level language. I concur that the villagers did reflexively seize pitchforks, and some old torches were waved about without being lit, due to having been in the not-California weather recently. But they do that routinely around here.
That's the combustion chamber of the turbo shaft. It is supposed to be on fire. You just don't usually see it but the case and fairing fell off.

Offline normzone

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 01:28:31 PM »
That's perfect for me, my idea of riding weather is cool and cloudy. That since our heat wave of last summer.

If we're negotiating, I am seeking credit for my client for two flat rear tires served already, and as for the exploding clutch, I'm offering a plea bargain down to one worn out rear wheel spline replaced on the Eldo as well. The Bassa ? I'm hoping that my biggest challenge will be the plastichrome falling off. I have some plans for rattlecan, pinstripe tape and acorn hardware.

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here