Author Topic: DIY way to make ethanol free gasoline at home....  (Read 2802 times)

Online bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
DIY way to make ethanol free gasoline at home....
« on: October 21, 2017, 07:43:29 PM »
Hello Folks, I ran into this video on one of the 2 stroke forums. What are the group's opinions?
Rick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_AJhtkOy2M
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
Re: DIY way to make ethanol free gasoline at home....
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 07:48:19 PM »
It works, and you'll have ethanol-free gasoline with a lower octane rating than it had originally, and it'll be more expensive than it was.
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Online Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 08:00:14 PM »
What would be really awesome is if at the end of the video he dumped in a pint of Heet to get rid of any remaining water.
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 09:02:28 PM »
I go to the pump marked "non-alcohol".   :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 09:02:28 PM »

Offline webmost

• Gosling
  • Safety Third
    • The Sotweed Factor
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 09:08:17 PM »
I go to the pump marked "non-alcohol".   :thumb:

Good for you.  But it's illegal to sell unadulterated fuel in this state.
Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

Offline Triple Jim

• Gaggle Hero
    • Lakeland Services Company
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 09:10:56 PM »
Good for you.  But it's illegal to sell unadulterated fuel in this state.

Even at marinas? 
When the Brussels sprout fails to venture from its lair, it is time to roll a beaver up a grassy slope.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 09:24:40 PM »
The local marina gas pump never stopped selling non-alcohol.  Plain gas was is such demand that the regular gas stations started selling it too but at the same price as premium.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 10:17:00 AM »
Luckily the Local Bucee's are now carrying Ethanol free...although the nomenclature is a little funny:

87 Octane No Ethanol labelled as Premium
91 Octane No Ethanol labelled as Super Premium

About $1 more per gallon than the equivalent octane with Ethanol...
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Offline webmost

• Gosling
  • Safety Third
    • The Sotweed Factor
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 12:39:23 PM »
Even at marinas?

Even at marinas. Far as I know, there's nowhere to get unadulterated fuel anywhere in the Chesapeake, either -- so MD, VA, & DC. I dunno bout NJ, across the river. Never seen pure fuel in Pennsyltucky, either.

Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

Online bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 02:51:16 PM »
I have never seen any pumps that sell ethanol free gas in Arizona either.
Rick.
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 04:58:16 PM »
I have never seen any pumps that sell ethanol free gas in Arizona either.
Rick.

I bet there are some in Az. where there is no pollution like here where I live (Kingman) where we have no smog test requirements like Phoenix & Tucson have.  I just haven't bothered to look @ all the pumps.  I know some here have ethanol but all?  :undecided:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 04:59:29 PM by Arizona Wayne »

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 05:09:55 PM »
I didn't pay attention by the time I filled up on the SP1000NT I was out of the state. :grin:  I was putting MMO in the gas too.

Offline sign216

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi 750s - Breva, Nevada, V7, etc
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 05:12:08 PM »
In Mass. all gas is ethanol.  I've got a pump near me at the speedway that sells race gas for $10/gal, but it's leaded and would foul the cat converter.  Race gas is tempting for my older bikes though.  If only I wasn't so cheap....
09 Guzzi V7C
58 BMW R50
65 Gilera 106
69 Benelli 350

https://groups.io/g/Moto-Guzzi-750

Offline zebraranger

• Gosling
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2017, 05:31:28 PM »
There's plenty of non-ethanol fuel stations in NC, you can look it up here. Just select your state. https://www.pure-gas.org/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 06:22:25 PM by zebraranger »

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2017, 05:40:05 PM »
Oh goody.....I was wondering when this would turn into a full on gas thread.   :grin: :grin: :boozing:

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 05:43:35 PM »
There's plenty on non-ethanol fuel stations in NC, you can look it up here. Just select your state. https://www.pure-gas.org/

Didn't know it 'till now but I see by this website that Maverick sells 87 ethanol free gas. I'll have to check that out here.   :cool:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 05:45:04 PM by Arizona Wayne »

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 05:52:45 PM »
Buc'ees on I20 in DFW has to be the largest gas station.  Approx. 20 pumps or more.   :shocked:

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 05:54:46 PM »
  Here in western NY state there quite a few 91 octane non ethanol pumps... And to turn this into a full rage gas thread.....Millions of motorcycles daily are fueled by E10 gas and they run just fine and the owners are have no clue about what's in their gas...In this era of crappy corn fuel we have street legal bikes with 180 hp at the rear wheel, 700 HP performance cars and entry level mid size sedans with 250 HP...Hot rod V8 guys are getting more power than ever......Is it me or do bike guys bitch about fuel instead of working with what's available?

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 05:58:22 PM »
  Here in western NY state there quite a few 91 octane non ethanol pumps... And to turn this into a full rage gas thread.....Millions of motorcycles daily are fueled by E10 gas and they run just fine and the owners are have no clue about what's in their gas...In this era of crappy corn fuel we have street legal bikes with 180 hp at the rear wheel, 700 HP performance cars and entry level mid size sedans with 250 HP...Hot rod V8 guys are getting more power than ever......Is it me or do bike guys bitch about fuel instead of working with what's available?

I prefer non ethanol gas for higher mpg, and that can't be refuted.  :wink:

Online PeteS

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 07:04:50 PM »
Even at marinas. Far as I know, there's nowhere to get unadulterated fuel anywhere in the Chesapeake, either -- so MD, VA, & DC. I dunno bout NJ, across the river. Never seen pure fuel in Pennsyltucky, either.

I stopped at an Amerigreen station in York, Pennsyltucky a few days ago. All three grades are ethanol free. I looked them up and they are all over the state. Might not be easy to find as they appear to be at independent repair shops and the name of the gas is only on the pumps. FWIW they claim all their fuel comes from the U.S.

http://www.amerigreen.com/locate-a/amerigreen-station/

A station about 2 miles from me sells ethanol free premium. I use it in all my gas powered tools and also to winterize the bikes. Otherwise I just use E10.

Pete
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:05:50 PM by PeteS »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here