General Category > General Discussion

Dellorto Phf 36’s don’t want to start without choke

(1/5) > >>

Gusable:
So I’m going through my 94 1100 california and cleaned the tank  and carbs and modified the idle screws to the shorter .100 length

It seems since I did that the bike does not like to start without a little choke.  But the choke will easily foul the plugs. I’ve returned the carbs to the lean factory parts minus the 57 pilots I bought. As is running right now pretty darn good. I’m fighting popping out the exhaust this whole time.  I read somewhere a “dry” k&n filter can do that.  Just oiled it and it made a HUGe improvement.  That comment is true. Oil your KN’s!!

Now, I’m wondering should I buy some new full length idle mix screws.. cheap enough to try.  I never had starting issues till I did those mix screw mods. The screws are working and are very sensitive! So that’s good.  Also side question I wonder about putting in the Bosch platinum Pat Hayes spark plugs in this thing.  Wonder if they would stay cleaner.  If MSD made a 6A box for bikes I would buy it and fix all these issues!!! Thanks!

Gusable:
And I don’t find any vacuum leaks, and my slides are 60/1’s and they are almost fully seated.  I’m trying to keep them as low as possible to let the idle circuit work more if that makes sense?

flower_king001:
Friendly suggestion

Bring bike or send carbs to a confident mechanic...preferab ly one familiar with Guzzi's

czakky82:
I understand your logic with slides, but I would raise them. How’s ignition curve?

I’m not familiar with Cali 1100s. Points?

Gusable:
It’s digiplex 2s.  Which I’m not familiar with. Seems to be running quite well right now.  I’m on the right track. I think I’m going to order some 60 pilots to try

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version