General Category > General Discussion

Jackal dead battery

(1/2) > >>

Semper-guzzi:
Hey guys. Quick question. What's the battery light on the Jackal Ora the other California's monitor? Is it monitoring the alternator charging or the battery's juice? I used to see it flicker at low speeds and it would stay on when the bike was on but not running.

My battery has died recently. Don't know why. Suppose it's just old. I threw it on the trickle charger and it seems to be holding a charge. Could my alternator be going kaput? Once the bike is on and running everything seems fine.

Guzzistajohn:
I would take the battery to an auto parts store or a battery store like batteries plus or batt outfitters and have it draw tested. Voltage doesn't tell the whole story.I sure like my Odessey batt and charger

Semper-guzzi:
It's an old battery.  At least 5 years old. I plan on replacing it anyways, just want to make sure my alternator isn't going and screw up the new battery. Perhaps I'll do that. Autozone does a load test on batteries I believe.

Guzzistajohn:

--- Quote from: Semper-guzzi on January 18, 2015, 10:55:18 AM ---It's an old battery.  At least 5 years old. I plan on replacing it anyways, just want to make sure my alternator isn't going and screw up the new battery. Perhaps I'll do that. Autozone does a load test on batteries I believe.

--- End quote ---
A bad battery won't @#$%up an alt. it just won't charge. AZ's will load test in these parts ;-T

oldbike54:
The charge light flickering at idle doesn't mean much , some do , some don't . Measure across the battery when the engine is running at 2000 RPMs or so . Sorry , no tach , just rev it up a bit .

Dusty

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version