General Category > General Discussion

Vancouver Motorcycle Show

<< < (2/2)

Kiwi_Roy:
Moto Guzzi was well represented by the Chilliwack dealer who had 3 1400s, a Stelvio, a Grizzo, a Norge and a range of V7s to drool over.

I was sitting on a V7 (hard seat) when Gord the owner came over. he told me the V7s and Stelvios are big sellers.

"so what do you ride Gord", I said
"either my Eldorado or my Ambo", he replied  ;-T

brenwin:
I drove down island Friday from Courtenay with 4 other enthusiasts , caught the 6:30 out of Horseshoe Bay and did the show . Best Guzzi display ever , really quite impressive .
There wasn't a Guzzi display at the Seattle bike show according to a friend who attended . I guess the numbers are better here per capita ? Surprising Moto Int wasn't there but must be a good reason for their absence .
We weren't disappointed with the show but would of liked to see the new Indian as was written up in the show catalogue . Pretty sure it wasn't there ?
Our only negative comment was not enough screaming deals on apparel . There used to be many vendors there selling good stuff for reasonable prices in an area now vacant . Another indication of a soft market .

Yukonica:
Gord is, in my mind, "the Guy"  An actual enthusiast who tries to make an honest living from his passion.
In a different time/world I've been there and it isn't a pretty place.
Cheap-ass buyers trying to scam the best deal regardless of the cost to anyone else.
"I want free advice; and can I borrow that wrench?"
'You want ???? $ for ... ?? I can get it off Ebay for....$!'
"... but Can I borrow that wrench?"
I got so sick of those cheap-ass whiners I left an industry.
Gord: you are a Saint.
I bought a bike from him; he packed it and shipped it to Yukon then followed up with a couple calls to be sure everything was right.
Three or four weeks into the deal my shifter went AWOL on a day run. It took him a month working with Piaggio to understand they were not going to help. He pulled a lever off a new bike on his showroom floor and sent it to me FOB Whitehorse. AKA free.
This guy is a class act.
We all want a 'good deal' but a good deal in my mind is keeping people like him in business.

brenwin:
I trucked my Stelvio all the way from Courtenay , across the pond to Chilliwack because of my unwavering faith in Gord . His passion is infectious and lots of times I wish I was living on the lower mainland just to be closer to real Guzzi enthusiasts who get together on a regular basis , have breakfasts and ride a lot . Anyway , I've never doubted the terrific service from Gord and Gord at Valley Moto ! Thanks guys and no rush on the Stelvio , I know its in the best hands .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version