General Category > General Discussion

How do I post an Image?

(1/2) > >>

roofus:
OK OK I am a technically-challenged . . . . I have read the FAQ on how to post an image but I still don't get it.

As a test, here is a link to a pic of one of my dogs (Pearl)

http://thedonald.smugmug.com/Dogs/i-hmMGhWB/0/2530x1898/pearl-2530x1898.jpg

The link text is easy to post, but I want to post the photo itself. Lots of you can do it, so I know it's possible!

According to Luap in the FAQ on posting photos: "Once you upload your photos to an off-site host, all you need to do is COPY the URL for the image.  Then, all you have to do is click the "insert image" icon when posting or replying.  In between the hash tags, PASTE the URL you just copied.  That really is all there is to it."

I don't see an "Insert Image Icon" anywhere and I don't see any hashtags anywhere either . . . do the hashtags appear after one clicks the "insert image" icon . . . where is it located, what does it look like?

Guzzistajohn:
skip the inset image BS, open up a thread and hit CTL and V to paste it in.

Daniel Kalal:
Here's the first bit of my recent post of the ride to the Texas Hill Country.

Notice that I've simply surrounded the URL of the image file with the 'img' tags.  There's no need to press any special buttons; just type those brackets at the beginning and at the end of your URL, and there you go.  I create my posts in Word and then copy it into the box.

Wayne Orwig:

Press "Quote' this post.

Study the contents. (You can ignore the "width" and "Height" entries. They are automatically entered. )

Guzzistajohn:
So...... that's easier than pickin' the URL and hitting ctl/v?

not to me, but to each his own ;-T

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version