Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: It's possible I have a problem.......
« Last post by Perazzimx14 on Today at 11:37:29 AM »
14 days and 1 mile later its onto its next steward. I did manage to media blast and repaint the crash bars while under my care this time. Looked much better,

Any recommendations for a rain cover for my Cal III FF seat? Same basic shape as later California seats.
General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by Mwether on Today at 11:34:18 AM »
My point was that if the bike was what he really wanted, then there is nothing wrong with paying $3800.   It's not like there are an easy dozen out there two choose from.   ...

Egg-zachary! If a Nevada was my dream bike, I probably wouldn't be on here asking you guys what it was worth. I'd be bargaining with the guy to get it!

I texted the seller that I just couldn't get myself to $3800, with Gen. 1 V7s selling around that price. He was going to take it to a local show today, to see if there was any interest and let me know this afternoon if he still had it. The show is for bikes at least 35 years old, so buyers there may not be interested in a sixteen-year-old. We'll soon see...

General Discussion / V85TT Air Filter/Air Box/Fine Dust Intrusion
« Last post by yrunvs on Today at 11:14:24 AM »
I've seen posts on various Guzzi sights about an issue with fine dust making it past the air filter because of the precarious air box filter fit/construction. Is this an issue? and if so, is there a remedy?
« Last post by bad Chad on Today at 10:05:56 AM »
My point was that if the bike was what he really wanted, then there is nothing wrong with paying $3800.   It's not like there are an easy dozen out there two choose from.   Sounds like he's really not all that into the Nevada.
General Discussion / Ride or Clean, that is the question
« Last post by tris on Today at 10:02:36 AM »
Bike was shiny and clean last night

Today's ride was dry except for about 150m outside a quarry and this happened

Oh well,  I guess that we have to suffer for our hobbies
Pretty much the same set up I've done on mine then.
I have had several brown pant moments with the original set up...it's as if there was virtually nothing braking at all.
Trim the boot slightly ?
I have already (after I took this pic), but even the smaller rib diameter is still a little loose. If there’s no way to otherwise clamp a normal fork boot to the slider, I suppose this modification is better than nothing.

A fork brace is an excellent addition, especially if it’s on a sidecar.
Indeed—the stock brace would almost certainly be tested like a wishbone on Thanksgiving.

The NTX brakes are however already woefully bad on a solo machine
Yeah, one pot just won’t cut it. Besides, since it’s on the V7, I just decided to use the V7’s twin pot Brembo and make a brake caliper adaptor to bridge the mount-to-disc difference, which I’ve figured to be around 3mm. Initially started cutting out of aluminum block, but ultimately decided to go a simpler route with some 3mm thick steel plate sandwiching the stock mounts, like in my drawing below:

« Last post by chuck peterson on Today at 08:50:11 AM »
OMG that’s a deal!

Blue on blue 98 EV, 20k miles

Just serviced by Hamlin

Bags, rack, windshield

$2600

Southbury CT

This will last about one day…

https://www.facebook.com/share/UTJsTDjGZMRqz2x2/?mibextid=79PoIi
« Last post by Perazzimx14 on Today at 08:36:23 AM »
I bought a honda305 Dream in 1965 for 460$,over 5000$ today.Value for Guzzis is subjective,he is not buying it for resale but because it will be the best fit for his expected riding and he thinks it is cool.Makes sense.

1965 dollar adjusted to 2024 is $9.70.

9.70 x 450 = $4,365 in today's money. So, the Honda Dream did not increase by $4,500 it increased by around $500 dollars. So if you kept the $460 Honda Dream for 60 year and sold it in 2024 for $5000 you lost probably lost money, a lot of money.

Agreed not every bike is an investment or resale but its still no reason to pay well over market value.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here