Author Topic: V50 Intake  (Read 354 times)

Offline remfanuk

• New Egg
V50 Intake
« on: August 19, 2022, 03:13:11 AM »
I don't have an airbox on my mk2 V50 as it has pod filters. when i originally bought the bike the owner said it had two left hand inlets for some reason.  i have seen straight inlets which i am considering and mesh type grills on the carbs.  anyone else got a similar set up or can tell me of any potential problems i might run into?  thanks.

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: V50 Intake
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 02:59:08 PM »
I can see why it got pitched, same cone shape filterbox the BB used, no way to get it in & out w/o trashing it OR split the frame.
I used UNI pods on the ones I did, right on the carb no velo tube. DelOrto does make tubes that screw on the VHB carbs.Velow's are 65mm part# D3100-55, for 45mm Part# D8348-55  There are 3 other short ones.
Got this info from  DelOrto Manual 30.1
I just ordered a bunch of jets I need for tuning my moped & a set of Guzzi pilot jets I didn't have in stock.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 04:05:44 PM by guzzisteve »
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 03:58:59 PM »
I kept the stock air box in my v50II.  It is a pain to change the air filter but it doubles as a breather for the crank and rockers, and I’ve grown to like them.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 04:15:50 PM »
You can still buy the breather from a V650TT that sits in under steering head between frame. Just a catch plastic bottle that vents to the air, with a drain. Mounted up so not much oil goes there, unlike the airbox.
One from a Stelvio would work too, it's in the same place on frame.
You should use the Euro jetting from manual if different from US
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 04:15:50 PM »

Offline remfanuk

• New Egg
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 02:19:59 AM »
thank you...a lot to think about.  when i dismantled the carbs yesterday the oil breather vents into a homemade square box there was a lot of oil in there.  not sure why as i have not done a great deal of miles on it.  i will look into the V65TT.  i think velocity stacks is the way to go.  i will have a think about straight inlets and see if the carbs will be in the way of my legs or not...certainly would look neater.  cheers.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here