Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1034447 times)

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2550 on: January 08, 2018, 02:14:10 PM »
Wait, I just exceeded the bikes value!  Oh well, I'm sure it will be worth the trip.  Where else can you find so much character on two wheels?  :boozing:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline fonzo

• New Egg
« Reply #2551 on: January 09, 2018, 07:17:51 AM »
Hi, everyone.
I'm Steve, a 32-year-old mechanic from Wisconsin. I've spent most of my time with Harleys and older 750 Hondas (and an ongoing affair with a BMW K100), but just acquired a (supposedly) 1975 850 Guzzi basketcase.

oldbike54

« Reply #2552 on: January 09, 2018, 11:25:14 AM »
Hi, everyone.
I'm Steve, a 32-year-old mechanic from Wisconsin. I've spent most of my time with Harleys and older 750 Hondas (and an ongoing affair with a BMW K100), but just acquired a (supposedly) 1975 850 Guzzi basketcase.

Show us a pic of the Guzzi , someone will likely be able to identify it . Welcome to WG .

Dusty

Offline TCBreva

• New Egg
« Reply #2553 on: January 11, 2018, 07:58:11 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm an owner of a 2004 Breva 750 that I have had for about 5 years.  It has been an excellent little bike and this thing is little.  Here is a photo taken at the 2016 National Moto Guzzi rally in John Day, OR.

P1030532r1k by tac650, on Flickr

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2553 on: January 11, 2018, 07:58:11 PM »

Offline zari

• New Egg
« Reply #2554 on: January 12, 2018, 07:41:21 AM »
Ari  zydman

practical elektronic

live in  nahariyya  ISRAEL

hobby ; ELECTRONIC  MOTORCYCLE OLD  MUSIK   TRAVEL

GLAD  TO  STAY  WITH YOU :gotpics:
live  motoguzzi for  ever

Offline nwryder

• New Egg
« Reply #2555 on: January 12, 2018, 10:27:04 PM »
Hello I’m Ray from Washington State. Just traded in my Tenere on Griso.  Love the character of the MG.  Like the forum. Good source for info. Take care. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Duugles

• New Egg
« Reply #2556 on: January 13, 2018, 11:00:09 AM »
Hello Everyone!!

First time posting here?  Some interesting stuff here.  Was introduce to this site by a friend, who loves Guzzi's.  I think it has the sex name that he likes?

Name:  Dunndee

Work:  Self Employed

Profession:  Jack of all Trades and a Master of none.  Normal Job Title:  Chief Janitor

Interest:   All things and subjects.

Toys:     1987 Suzuki Cavalcade LX1400
             1997 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500A
             1998 Honda Goldwing 1500
             2001 Honda Goldwing 1800
             2008 Honda Goldwing 1800
             2012 Honda Goldwing 1800

Offline VeganJeff

• New Egg
« Reply #2557 on: January 17, 2018, 03:34:48 PM »
Hi I’m Jeff. I’m 37 and live in Berkeley, CA. I’m a loan officer for a local credit union.

I am bikeless at the moment but have had an 05 H-D XL 1200R, an 09 Vespa S150, a 2015 Vespa GTs300 Super, and a 2015 Honda CBR500R.

I am getting a modern V7 and am currently trying to talk myself out of a 2010 Classic out of fear of the plaatic tank.

Offline Cardiff-Eldorado

• New Egg
« Reply #2558 on: January 17, 2018, 08:55:02 PM »
Kevin
57 years- in concept
North Country San Diego
2016 Eldorado

My love affair with Moto Guzzi started in 1973 when my cousin Darva, (his name is David but good old fashion Oklahoma love evolved it to Darva) road up on a 1972 Eldorado.  I was a motorcycle crazy 13 year old and was beyond memorized. My Dad said "Kevin, that's the best motorcycle in the world" I totally agreed.

My love of motorcycles was a family tradition, my Dad Charlie's first bike was a 1939 Indian he picked  up when he returned from 3 tours of duty for the Marines in the South Pacific, he loved to ride, a place to escape.  He was a timber faller who rode dirt and highway, I was behind him, my own bike on dirt, sitting behind him on the road.

My youth was filled with motorcycle camping on the Oregon coast, from my house was endless riding on logging roads and trails.  My bikes evolved from Tote goats, trail90, enduros, 2 stroke screamer and 4 stroke thumpers.

After college no time for a bike, focused on my career, mariage, 4 kids.

I secretly stalked Guzzi for the last 20 years. In concert with my youngest kid  headed off to college the saviors at Moto Guzzi re-introduce the Elorado 1400 with the classic lines and beauty of the 1972 Eldorado Darva rode up on.

She is part long lost childhood dreams and new lover.  Just lowered her voice with some Mistral pipes.  Having a blast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

2016 Eldorado

Offline Cardiff-Eldorado

• New Egg
« Reply #2559 on: January 17, 2018, 09:01:25 PM »
Lucky boy :-) I’m sure you’ll enjoy it & lots of help here.
Awesome

2016 Eldorado

Offline Bucky

• New Egg
« Reply #2560 on: January 23, 2018, 08:11:41 AM »
Kevin
57 years- in concept
North Country San Diego
2016 Eldorado

My love affair with Moto Guzzi started in 1973 when my cousin Darva, (his name is David but good old fashion Oklahoma love evolved it to Darva) road up on a 1972 Eldorado.  I was a motorcycle crazy 13 year old and was beyond memorized. My Dad said "Kevin, that's the best motorcycle in the world" I totally agreed.

My love of motorcycles was a family tradition, my Dad Charlie's first bike was a 1939 Indian he picked  up when he returned from 3 tours of duty for the Marines in the South Pacific, he loved to ride, a place to escape.  He was a timber faller who rode dirt and highway, I was behind him, my own bike on dirt, sitting behind him on the road.

My youth was filled with motorcycle camping on the Oregon coast, from my house was endless riding on logging roads and trails.  My bikes evolved from Tote goats, trail90, enduros, 2 stroke screamer and 4 stroke thumpers.

After college no time for a bike, focused on my career, mariage, 4 kids.

I secretly stalked Guzzi for the last 20 years. In concert with my youngest kid  headed off to college the saviors at Moto Guzzi re-introduce the Elorado 1400 with the classic lines and beauty of the 1972 Eldorado Darva rode up on.

She is part long lost childhood dreams and new lover.  Just lowered her voice with some Mistral pipes.  Having a blast

Great story.....and I totally get being "struck" at a young age when you see your first Moto Guzzi.
Mine was 1970, I was 18, never heard of Guzzi and was just getting into riding. One slow rolled by me in a parking ramp, a beautiful Ambassador.  I was stunned.

Anyway, welcome to WG.

Everybody!
1973 Eldorado

Offline chris guzzi nevada

• New Egg
« Reply #2561 on: January 29, 2018, 08:16:47 AM »
Chris Dean

Nevada

Previously, up until 20 years ago, owned a T3 850 for 14 years. sold it due to kids.

thereafter a CX500 sold, Honda-VF750 sold, Suzuki Savage 650 and lastly 18 months ago the Nevada.

British, but based in The Netherlands
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 08:25:04 AM by chris guzzi nevada »

Offline XU12

• New Egg
« Reply #2562 on: January 31, 2018, 12:30:48 PM »
Hi, new here in this forum. My Name is Holger, living in Germany, aged 54 Year.
Owning Guzzi since 1982, a 750 S3, my wife added her V50 Monza that times and we still driving that Bikes.
Over the years we added 2012 a Stelvio NTX, a V65, a V35 Imola and 2016 a1200 Griso Tenni.
This Winter i mainly worked on the newer Guzzi, respoked both Wheels of the Tenni with chromized, new spokes, changed Fork Oil  and inspected the Steering Bearing. Now i got a hint from Grisoghetto to this forum for a Video showing the steps for swingarm regreasing... but i can't find it on my first visit..

Offline RRider

• New Egg
« Reply #2563 on: January 31, 2018, 01:16:48 PM »
Hi there,

I've been lurking around many Guzzi forums for awhile, but found this to be the most active.

I'm from Finland. It's a Nordic country between Sweden and Russia....lot's of forest and small lakes, annoyingly long and cold winter for motorcycling.

I've never owned a Guzzi, but been thinking that mayby I should tick that box too. Have a Japanese bike at the moment. My interest towards V7 iii is the main reason I've been lurking around.

Middle aged male....been working in international engineering and industrial companies so far. I'm not really into tinkering with bikes anymore, nor to long distance riding - just like to have a lazy day trip once and awhile in good weather and ride around nearby villages.

Still not yet decided if I'll end up the Guzzi way, but this is a good place to gain momentum...

Offline KiwiKev

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2564 on: February 01, 2018, 07:45:29 AM »
Chris Dean

Nevada

Previously, up until 20 years ago, owned a T3 850 for 14 years. sold it due to kids.

thereafter a CX500 sold, Honda-VF750 sold, Suzuki Savage 650 and lastly 18 months ago the Nevada.

British, but based in The Netherlands
Welcome Chris, I owned an LS650 for a number of years and thought it was an ok bike until I was bitten by the Guzzi bug.

Offline fabius1961

• New Egg
« Reply #2565 on: February 04, 2018, 09:03:04 AM »

Hallo I am Fabius from Italy, I am very happy that Moto Guzzi it's appreciated in the world. I drive a Breva 1100 '07.

Ciao
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:50:26 AM by fabius1961 »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2566 on: February 04, 2018, 01:04:32 PM »

Hallo I am Fabius from Italy, I am very happy that Moto Guzzi it's appreciated in the world. I drive a Breva 1100 '07.

Ciao

Fabius, stay around here much and you'll find that LOTS of things Italian are appreciated in the Wild Guzzi world .... !

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline cbrider

• New Egg
« Reply #2567 on: February 07, 2018, 09:02:05 AM »
Hello there,

I'm Clyde from central Texas. I've been riding since around 1970 and always had Hondas, Yamahas, Suzukis, and Kawasakis until 2014 when I purchased a new V7 Stone.

The V7 is really different than my previous bikes, and I'm really liking it. It has about 22,000 miles on it now, and been pretty trouble free so far.

Here's a photo of my bike...

Offline Clive

• New Egg
« Reply #2568 on: February 07, 2018, 02:35:01 PM »
Hi. My name is Clive and I am 52 years old, married with 4 kids and live in West Yorkshire, in the U.K. I have been riding motorcycles since I was about 8 years old.

I have recently bought a V7II having previously owned a V65 SP and a Centauro

oldbike54

« Reply #2569 on: February 07, 2018, 02:46:16 PM »
Hi. My name is Clive and I am 52 years old, married with 4 kids and live in West Yorkshire, in the U.K. I have been riding motorcycles since I was about 8 years old.

I have recently bought a V7II having previously owned a V65 SP and a Centauro

Is there any chance you are in Holmfirth mate ? Or Huddersfield ?

Dusty

Offline BB43215

• New Egg
« Reply #2570 on: February 11, 2018, 12:54:26 PM »
Hi. My name is Blair Beavers, 52, creative director / graphic designer, Columbus, Ohio.

I have a 2013 V7 Racer that I bought new 10.15 — now has over 20000 miles on it.

and a 2007 Griso 1100 (13 miles on the clock) that I won at the Larry Klein estate

upload multiple pics
auction last November.
2007 GRiSO 1100 -- Rosso Corsa

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2571 on: February 12, 2018, 04:22:14 AM »
Welcome to the board Blair. There are a couple others in Columbus. Nobleswood on this board comes to mind. I'm not aware of any thing that goes on in your area but that does not mean there isn't. There is a Southwest Ohio Breakfast that would probably be closer to you that the one I attend in Kent. We also have a pretty decent rally by all accounts that we host in Zanesville on Labor Day.

Again, welcome to Wildguzzi.

John Henry

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2572 on: February 13, 2018, 07:29:31 PM »
Just joined,  Ed from Chicagoland. 

Have been riding for over 37 years, just bought first Guzzi...a 1973 Eldorado.

I am sure I will be asking questions.  Thanks in advance for the help.

No substitute for an old loop
Welcome aboard

72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline usedtobefast

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2573 on: February 15, 2018, 09:02:03 PM »
Hello, my name is David.  I live in the San Francisco Bay area and just bought a 2017 V7 III Racer about a month ago.  Really enjoying the bike and looking at other models ... like maybe an older Guzzi ... maybe a 2018 Rough (like the looks, but kind of silly as it would be so similar to my Racer).

Anyway, looking forward to reading and catching up here.

Thanks!
2017 V7 iii Racer
2017 Griso
2016 Stornello
2000 Red Quota
Want a black/green 1000S big valve :)

Offline richpardo

• New Egg
« Reply #2574 on: February 16, 2018, 07:25:32 AM »
Hi,
My name is Rich and I live in Suffern, N.Y., about 30 minutes outside of NYC.  I've got a couple of Guzzi's right now: a '69 V700 and an '07 Griso.  I sold an '85 LeMans 1000.  Great site! 

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #2575 on: February 18, 2018, 03:06:37 PM »
Welcome aboard, 700's are sweet here's one of mine

"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline BlueGoose

• New Egg
« Reply #2576 on: February 18, 2018, 04:46:23 PM »
Hi, I'm Mike and live in Northwest Florida, am 61 and semi-retired. Been through a lot of bikes, but am really enjoying my 2015 Stelvio!
So far about 26,000 miles. A lot of good information on this forum, thanks to everyone. 

Offline scratchypants

• New Egg
« Reply #2577 on: February 25, 2018, 06:58:34 PM »
Hello everyone.

Paul
46 years old
South western Quebec (close to Malone, NY)
Director of Security and IT.

I got my first dirt bike when I was 9. First road bike (1999 BMW F650ST) in 2001. I've had a Tiger 955i (girlie) and 2 years ago I picked up a 1974 Honda CB360G. I am half Italian (Tuscany) and always wanted a Moto Guzzi and could not pass up a deal on a NOS VII Special this past December.

Looking forward to hangin' out.

Cheers!

Offline Mean Mr. Mustard

• New Egg
« Reply #2578 on: February 26, 2018, 01:36:55 PM »
Hey everybody out there in Moto Guzzi land!

My name is Mario Fiorentino. I am the offspring of a mixed marriage. My father is Italian and my mother is Sicilian lol!
I am a high school paraprofessional. I live in the lower east side of Milwaukee, WI with my beautiful wife Stacy and my son (he gets insulted if I call him a dog) Honeysuckle. I am in the process of purchasing a 2017 750 VIII Special from Seacoast Motorcycles of New Hampshire.

I look forward discussing Guzzi's and all things Italian with you!

Mario
"All the world is a birthday cake. Take a piece, but not too much!" -Beatle George

Offline Grundstrom

• New Egg
« Reply #2579 on: March 02, 2018, 07:01:24 AM »
Hi!

New member here. Mainly all the great info on guzzidiag and tunerpro drove me to this forum.

Name: Emil Grundstrom
I work as a PLC/DCS programmer

Bought my first Guzzi, a California SP Aluminium, almost three years ago. Also my first bike in many years. Also happened to turn 40 the same year  :shocked:

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here