General Category > General Discussion

Looking for a Commuter Bike--found a Nighthawk 450

(1/3) > >>

aschem:
Will be commuting 5-6 miles each way to work and decided to look for a commuter bike. I noticed that there are not allot of  bikes for sale around here in the winter.  Came across a very clean, well-maintained 85 Nighthawk 450 with 11K on it and the price is fair (1.5k).  Anybody have any experience riding one of these bikes? The only 80s bikes I rode:Yamaha Virago XV920 and a Honda CB900F.

Kiwi_Roy:
A lady friend has the same bike, that thing goes like a train for 450 cc she has no trouble keeping up with the Guzzis and she has no hesitation taking off for a weeks camping on it.
She loves that bike ;D

I think they are becoming quite collectable and qualify for a collector plate here, cheap insurance.

aschem:
Thanks, going to take a look at it later today.

Perazzimx14:
For 10 to 12 miles round trip unless it's interstate anything pedal type or motorized will do. The biggest hurdle will be anything motorized will have a hard time in cooler weather getting up to ideal operating temp I that short of a distance.

azccj:
I don't have any experience with the nighthawk 450, but...

If you are secure in your manhood ::), scooters are the perfect commuter bike. Good gas mileage, good weather protection, and very good under seat storage. They can usually be found used with low miles and good prices. And while some use scooters like Goldwings for cross country travel, I would not which is why I have other bikes for long distances. But for around town my go to bike is the Burgman.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version