Author Topic: stelvio engine paint  (Read 1044 times)

Offline wrinkley

• New Egg
stelvio engine paint
« on: December 03, 2017, 11:23:20 AM »
Hi Folks,
I'm currently giving a 2009 Stelvio a bit of a makeover. The engine paint has flaked off in a number of places so I've decided to paint the engine. I'm going to have to paint it in situ by hand. I've done this wiith a 1200 sport previously which had a silver engine and it came up well with Hammerite smooth silver.

The Stelvio has a black engine which is sort of half way between satin and matt.

Any advice on paint to use would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Steve.

Online bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
Re: stelvio engine paint
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 02:50:59 PM »
Check out Eastwoods website. They carry a number of paints that will work in that application. They have a "chassis black" available in a couple of sheens, and they also have engine specific paints. They sell the paint in rattle cans and also for spray guns.I have used their products before, and they are top quality.
Rick.

http://www.eastwood.com/
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

pete roper

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 03:02:05 PM »
Have you rollerised it yet? Not much point in prettying it up if the engine isn't fixed.

Pete

Offline wrinkley

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 03:15:47 AM »
Have you rollerised it yet? Not much point in prettying it up if the engine isn't fixed.

Pete

It's been 'Rollerised'

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 03:15:47 AM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here