General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

1968 V700 Build

(1/3) > >>

JoeW:
I picked up this V700 last summer. The PO started the restoration in the late 90s and lost interest. He had the powder coat done and had painted everything black. This bike was a turning pint for Moto Guzzi being the first generation of the transverse twin, separate trans and shaft driven configuration. I decided that since it's the 50th anniversary of the release of this model, I would put it back to stock, as best I could. It's not quite done but, done enough to do a shake down ride around the block.

free photo uploading sites

Scud:
That's beautiful. I really like the V700. It seems like it would be a very rewarding vintage Guzzi to own - once you get used to RH shifting.

When you say it's not quite done... you mean like you have to put the left-hand grip on?  I can't see anything else not done.

canuck750:
Beautiful work as always   :bow: :bow: :bow:

chuck peterson:
Beautiful...I groan. I had one, but I could never ride it within the limits of the brakes...3rd gear just covered the horizon from 20-70 mph and felt great, but twice I ended with my feet on the ground trying to stop...took the hint. I think it's the hidden collectable of the bunch.

twowings:
Classic beauty! Congratulations.... :bow:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version