Author Topic: Moto Guzzi National Owners Club (MGNOC) National Rally 2024 @ John Day, Oregon  (Read 12984 times)

Offline travelingbyguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • God hates a coward
Re: MGNOC National Rally 2024
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2023, 10:57:28 AM »
Same here.

Is there tent space on site? If so how many can it comfortable accommodate? If 500 show would there be around 300 tents?

There is MUCH tent space. Do not worry about tent space.
73 Eldorado
80 Sp
85 Cal II
97 1100Sport
08 1200 Sport AKA:Sweet Leaf
I'm not really drowning; I can see the beach from here.

Offline Clifton

• No car is as fun to drive as any motorcycle is to ride.
  • Gosling
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2023, 11:25:11 AM »
Great to hear, thanks!
24 Stelvio
21 V85TT
22 Goldwing
20 XT250
14 CB1100
93 R100R

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2023, 11:37:56 AM »
Grant County Fairgrounds.  Large grassy area with trees.  Perimeter fence separating it from the residential neighborhood.  Short walk to the Main Street with restaurants and bars.  Not sure if the American Legion will be open for cheap food and drinks.  Stores available for adult drinks & ice plus food.   

More than a couple of bathrooms available on the grounds that are clean with individual hot showers.  Bring shower slippers.  Large hall for meals with large kitchen attached.  If you can't charge your phone on your bike there are outlets.  Depending on your cell service you might have problems with connections because of the mountains.  Check the pictures posted on page 1 by PJPR01

Last time they had the Moto Guzzi demo fleet giving rides.   :thumb:

Forgot to mention that it's an open rally.  You don't have to be a MGNOC member just pay the rally fee.  All brands invited.  You can trailer your bike in.  Motorhome it.  Drive in with your car. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 12:15:54 PM by Tom »
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Online MotoKnee

• New Egg
    • YYYY
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2023, 12:21:44 PM »
THANKS for the local Guide of a more MC friendly trip....  :>)

Very welcome, feel free to ask if you need to ask if you need any details re: Forest Service routes etc.

Moparnut is correct to advise the bumpy nature of FS25 south out of Randle.  It has some gnarly bumpy sections as well as deer, elk and motorhomes over the centerline.

It also some great sections of smooth twisties and very unique scenery.  Beats taking interstate, at least to me.
2020 V7III Racer

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2023, 12:21:44 PM »

Offline MG_rider

• New Egg
Road 25 in Gifford Pinchot forest is still closed by a landslide south of Elk Pass

Check in with the forest service site in June to see if it has reopened.

Yeah, newb here to site and MGs, long time rider.  Hope to meet a bunch of you at the John Day rally in June!  (V100 Mandello S)
'23 Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello S
The bike is just a blank page, the rider is the writer, the road is the ink....
Everyone should have something in their life that requires a helmet.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
If you come in from the NE, it'll give you a chance to do 90 on I90.  Big Sky country.....Montana!   :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline snobear

• New Egg
  • 1987 California II, 1998 DR350, 2012 DR650,
Well too bad we have another trip planned already with the DR650 for June before I saw this, if it is here again in 2025 It will be at the top of the list.
I am new to MG this year but look forward to meeting more Guzzi owners as they are extremely rare where I am from.
1987 California II
1998 DR350
2010 DR 650
1982 Seca650
I do these things not to escape life but so life does not
escape me

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
You could try the Broken Arrow Rally at Gibbonsville, Idaho.  2nd weekend of July.  N. ID of course if they have it next year.   :thumb:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 12:49:34 PM by Tom »

Offline tntut1

• 2016 Stornello
  • New Egg
  • 2016 Stornello
This looks like a great opportunity to bring my Guzzi up to Oregon for some epic riding!  For those who rely on hotels/motels, you may want to make those reservations in the near future.  My searches for those type of accommodations identified that some are already sold out and others have a limited availability for these dates.       

Online pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
Dang that was confusing.  I'll be in my van camper towing antiques so I need a camp spot.  Turns out there is also a Grant County Fairgrounds in Wisconsin.  Race oval and camping maps very similar but just a little twisted.  I was totally messed up until I detected some fine print that said I was 2,000 miles off course.  DOH!  Oregon has blocked the entire RV site for our use so you have to call and not use their online reserve system.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Offline Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
Dang that was confusing.  I'll be in my van camper towing antiques so I need a camp spot.  Turns out there is also a Grant County Fairgrounds in Wisconsin.  Race oval and camping maps very similar but just a little twisted.  I was totally messed up until I detected some fine print that said I was 2,000 miles off course.  DOH!  Oregon has blocked the entire RV site for our use so you have to call and not use their online reserve system.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA
Take the road where the sun sets on your left.

Offline johnwesley

• Gosling
This sounds like a blast, I’m going to try and make it. I’ll only be able to leave on Thursday and have 1800 miles to make it. We’ll see if the Calvin and I can make it  :bike-037:
2009 cal-vin
2003 cal ev
1985 lemans 1000

Offline Grabcon

• New Egg
This will be a big trip for the wife and I. I am new to Moto Guzzi but have been riding it seems like forever. We will ride two bikes, the wife has a F700GS and I bought a 2020 V85TT the 1st of August 2023. God it just brigs a grim to my face every time I ride it. Any way we are in SE Arizona about 5 miles north of the border. We will hit both the BMW and the Moto Guzzi rallies. This is a long trip, so far we are up to 5800 miles and 35 days, about half motel and half camping. A lot of sightseeing and most likely going up north of the border in the days between the two rallies.

Our current departure date is either the 6th or 7th of June 2024. My wife always likes a plan that has detail. I must say that planning a trip like this has a lot of detail. Anyway it should be fun and it will be nice to me others. Brad
Don't count every day. Make every day count.

Offline Clifton

• No car is as fun to drive as any motorcycle is to ride.
  • Gosling
This will be a big trip for the wife and I. ....We will hit both the BMW and the Moto Guzzi rallies. This is a long trip, so far we are up to 5800 miles and 35 days, about half motel and half camping. ....A lot of sightseeing and most likely going up north of the border in the days between the two rallies.

Sounds like a wonderful trip to look forward to, Brad!
24 Stelvio
21 V85TT
22 Goldwing
20 XT250
14 CB1100
93 R100R

Offline AH Fan

• Gaggle Mentor
  • small stable of Italian stuff
Myself and a few others will definitely be there for Fri/Sat.
Looking forward to catching up with all of you I will be bringing the satin gunmetal grey Stelvio and will be rolling into the camping site for Fri and Sat night stay but have a room booked as well incase the weather goes sideways.
Its going to be a great kickoff to 2024 as I'm heading to Alaska after the meet....... for the second time.
What a place.

Thx in advance to all the organizers involved.    :bow:

Ciao

Offline Bob Mehmen

• New Egg
  We just booked the last room at the John Day Motel. We tried first at the Dreamers Lodge where we have stayed the last two rallies but they were already full. If this is any indication looks to be a great rally. If you are thinking about going you might want plan now instead of later.

Offline johnwesley

• Gosling
  We just booked the last room at the John Day Motel. We tried first at the Dreamers Lodge where we have stayed the last two rallies but they were already full. If this is any indication looks to be a great rally. If you are thinking about going you might want plan now instead of later.

I plan on camping on site. Interstate out there and fun ride back home. Plan on riding through the Great Basin area.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 07:52:41 PM by johnwesley »
2009 cal-vin
2003 cal ev
1985 lemans 1000

Offline Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
[/Riding the Eldorado 2up Bob?

Online moto-uno

• Gaggle Hero
  Come hell or high water I'll be there , not too sure what I'll be bringing , my ol' faithful Le Mans 2 or the Deer-slayer ( alias Peterbuilt )  :evil:
Refrain from riding after dark in that area  :wink: !   Peter

Offline Bob Mehmen

• New Egg
[/Riding the Eldorado 2up Bob?

That's the plan. Are we going to see you there Tom?

Offline Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
Looking forward to it Bob!

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
I’ve been talking with PJPR01, and he most strenuously recommends this John Day rally.  I have no idea what my work schedule might permit, but I’ve penciled this one on the calendar.   

Never been to Oregon.  Looks fantastic. 

Forgive me Guido, for I have sinned, and no longer roll on a Guzzi.  Would a lime green Kawasaki I-4 be allowed on the grounds?
Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
Sure, why not? Guzzisti go to BMW rallys. My son is considering riding out from Virginia on his 1600 BMW to attend. I'll be there but I will be on a Guzzi.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Offline travelingbyguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • God hates a coward
I’ve been talking with PJPR01, and he most strenuously recommends this John Day rally.  I have no idea what my work schedule might permit, but I’ve penciled this one on the calendar.   

Never been to Oregon.  Looks fantastic. 

Forgive me Guido, for I have sinned, and no longer roll on a Guzzi.  Would a lime green Kawasaki I-4 be allowed on the grounds?

Well, there you have it. If SmithSwede is going to be there, I will definitely be there.

Bill Lovelady        IS
Eskimo Spy
73 Eldorado
80 Sp
85 Cal II
97 1100Sport
08 1200 Sport AKA:Sweet Leaf
I'm not really drowning; I can see the beach from here.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Just show up and pay the rally fee.   :thumb:  No discounts for "I'm not eating, I'm not camping or I want a day pass."  The sponsoring clubs are lucky to break even.  Fees & deposits have to be paid by the sponsors to reserve everything.  It's not a money making venture.  The people that work the rally usually pay the rally fee too.  They are volunteers.   :boozing: :boozing: :boozing:

Register and show.  Hopefully the Moto Guzzi importer will show with a demo fleet.   :thumb:

Quoting myself.

"Forgot to mention that it's an open rally.  You don't have to be a MGNOC member just pay the rally fee.  All brands invited.  You can trailer your bike in.  Motorhome it.  Drive in with your car."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 12:19:00 PM by Tom »

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
I just booked a room at the Sunset Inn, so hopefully Her Royal Heaviness California III FF and I will be there. I'll probably visit my brother in Fort Rock for a few days prior.
Charlie

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Rally fee is $100 per person before June 1,2024 after that date $125.  includes 3 nights camping and 2 dinners Friday & Saturday.  June 27, 28 & 29.  2024.  Grant County Fairgrounds.  RV and early camping available through the fairgrounds (541) 575-1900 or http://grantcountyoregon.ner/217/fairgrounds.

From the MGNOC rally calendar:                   (edited for this posting)

Jun 27 to Jun 29, 2024
50TH ANNUAL MGNOC NATIONAL RALLY JOHN DAY OREGON
With great excitement, the National Rally will be hosted by West Coast MGNOC Moto Guzzi Clubs: Washington, Oregon, California. Location is at Grant County Fairgrounds, John Day, Oregon, while the fare will be great food, fantastic riding, and plenty of entertainment options. John Day was the site of both the 2010 and 2016 Nationals.

Those of you who were there know of John Day's magnificent scenery and you know it offers stellar riding on twisty, wide-open roads through river valleys rising into pine-timbered hills. Entertainment options to includes: field games, bike show, beer/wine tent, evening fire pit, a movie, fantastic raffle prizes, 50/50 drawing, curated rides, tech/history seminars put on by names you will recognize, and a worthy closing ceremony Saturday night. Rally fee will be $100 per person if paid before June 1 and $125 per person from June 1 to the day of the event.

Rally fee includes three nights camping at the fairgrounds, supper Friday and Saturday, with more to be added as we move along. Please make checks payable to Gayle Guthrie, 13020 Occidental Avenue South, Burien, WA 98168. RV sites and early camping are also available through the fairgrounds for a reasonable fee. Call 541-575-1900 or see https://grantcountyoregon.net/217/fairgrounds. Rally fee will include all of the above, plus tent camping at the fairgrounds.

There's a selection of motels in the area offering a third option for those who don't want to camp. Likely, RV sites and motels will book quickly; so, if you need one, best to book soon. Motels nearby within walking distance: John Day Motel, 250 East Main Street, 541-575-9000; Dreamer's Lodge, 144 North Canyon Boulevard, 541-575-0526; Best Western, 315 West Main Street, 541-575-1700; Sunset Inn, 390 West Main Street, 541-575-1462; Budget 8 Motel, 711 W. Main Street, 541-575-2155.

For more information and questions contact: Greg Field, gregfield61@gmail.com; Richard Guthrie, rtguthrie4@msn.com; Jake Heilman, jheilman1969@comcast.net; Pierre DaCunha, pierredacunha@yahoo.com. We are in the process of setting up a website (with electronic payment processing) and Facebook group that will include more details, which we will also be sharing through the MGNOC newsletter. In the meantime, please send all questions, comments, and queries to our main email account: 2024mgnocnational@gmail.com.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 12:58:59 PM by Tom »

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
I'm bumping this.  Doesn't hurt to make plans now.   :thumb:

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
First bump for 2024.  While you're freezing in ice lockdown.  Make your summer plans. 

Offline MG_rider

• New Egg
0K, planning to be there.
Any update on website sign up?

'23 Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello S
The bike is just a blank page, the rider is the writer, the road is the ink....
Everyone should have something in their life that requires a helmet.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here