Author Topic: V85 TT Merged Threadfest  (Read 362310 times)

Offline keener

• Gosling
Re: V85 TT Merged Threadfest
« Reply #2400 on: March 10, 2020, 10:54:42 AM »
This is mine.  Caponord 1200 fender and Pyramid extension.

Now I'm looking to reproduce the red/white/black striping of the original guards.  I contacted a wrapper and a painter.  Both were quite reluctant. 
Wrappers seem to have only limited choice of colours and painting seems not that easy.  And myself, I am afraid of using rattle cans
Now I'm thinking of stickers in the right colour.

Looks just fine without any striping ....IMO  :thumb:
smile and tremble
1974 Z1 Kawasaki since new
1998 Suzuki 1200 Bandit
2005 Ducati Multistrada 1000s
2007 Guzzi 1100 Griso
2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000

Offline NWrider

• Gosling
« Reply #2401 on: March 10, 2020, 06:54:41 PM »
I like the Pyramid extension - my next addition as the front of the motor still gets junk thrown on it by the tire.

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #2402 on: March 10, 2020, 09:02:00 PM »
Cerakoted the bash plate and header shields black.  New stainless fasteners.  Seems to blend nicely.

Your picture inspired me today to paint my bash plate and header shields satin black.  I used a rattle can, and applied several coats.

Not a long term solution, and I still intend to cerakote them when the depths of winter arrive.  Still a long way away (I hope!).

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #2403 on: March 11, 2020, 03:14:51 PM »
when the depths of winter arrive.  Still a long way away (I hope!).

You and me both Dave! :grin:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2403 on: March 11, 2020, 03:14:51 PM »

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2404 on: March 11, 2020, 08:57:35 PM »
Your picture inspired me today to paint my bash plate and header shields satin black.  I used a rattle can, and applied several coats.

Not a long term solution, and I still intend to cerakote them when the depths of winter arrive.  Still a long way away (I hope!).
I hated those things from the first moment I saw them..
Mine are in the bin..!

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2405 on: March 12, 2020, 09:11:12 AM »
I hated those things from the first moment I saw them..
Mine are in the bin..!

I am well aware.  I like them, much better in black.  Remember I offered to in-bin them for you?  Is shipping to NJ to prohibitive?
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2406 on: March 12, 2020, 06:14:31 PM »
I am well aware.  I like them, much better in black.  Remember I offered to in-bin them for you?  Is shipping to NJ to prohibitive?
Dunno mate.
What price did you get ? You can have them no charge if you pay shipping..

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #2407 on: March 12, 2020, 09:08:00 PM »
If Cam3512 doesn't respond, I'd be willing to pay the shipping for sending them to me in Auckland.

This means I could arrange the Cerakote, and still stay on the road.  Drop me a PM with an Oz bank account number.

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2408 on: March 13, 2020, 12:28:10 AM »
If Cam3512 doesn't respond, I'd be willing to pay the shipping for sending them to me in Auckland.

This means I could arrange the Cerakote, and still stay on the road.  Drop me a PM with an Oz bank account number.
Ok

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2409 on: March 13, 2020, 02:47:57 AM »

Leave it to me.
Send me an address and I’ll get them to you. If you make a donation to the forum, that’ll do... :thumb:

Offline NWrider

• Gosling
« Reply #2410 on: March 13, 2020, 06:11:00 PM »
Cam3512,
Pic of entire bike with blackened cat shield?

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2411 on: March 13, 2020, 06:28:26 PM »
Cam3512,
Pic of entire bike with blackened cat shield?

Best I can do know with it parked in the garage.  Note the new tidy Agostini "Y" pipe.  If not quite good enough, you'll have to wait until I have it out for a ride to get some better shots.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:31:41 PM by Cam3512 »
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline NWrider

• Gosling
« Reply #2412 on: March 14, 2020, 08:21:05 AM »
Thanks  for the additional pictures, Cam3512 it helps to see the overall look.   Looks like I'll be a copy cat :grin:

elvisboy77

« Reply #2413 on: April 05, 2020, 08:30:40 AM »
V85TT travel just arrived at the local dealer --woohoo!   Trying to work a deal to get one.  Dealer is closed now, does anyone know for sure if this model (Travel) has a center stand?

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #2414 on: April 05, 2020, 09:24:04 AM »
Cadre got one a few months ago.  I don't think I saw a center stand.  It looked good.
Blue Guzz

Online Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2415 on: April 05, 2020, 01:55:51 PM »
V85TT travel just arrived at the local dealer --woohoo!   Trying to work a deal to get one.  Dealer is closed now, does anyone know for sure if this model (Travel) has a center stand?

You guys are killing me. The last time I talked to a saleman at the dealership a couple of months ago he didn't know anything about it or even heard about the Traveler. Why are dealerships so lame?    :angry:
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #2416 on: April 05, 2020, 04:05:22 PM »

If it doesn't, it will be available as an optional extra.

Offline Moto Vita

• Hatchling
« Reply #2417 on: April 05, 2020, 04:57:30 PM »
You guys are killing me. The last time I talked to a saleman at the dealership a couple of months ago he didn't know anything about it or even heard about the Traveler. Why are dealerships so lame?    :angry:
kk

Don't forget that some of us don't even have local Guzzi dealers.

Offline Bisbonian

• Gaggle Hero
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #2418 on: April 05, 2020, 05:29:57 PM »

If not, try to make it part of the deal. When I bought mine, the center stand was $146 with free installation. I didn't even think twice about it as I knew I was going to get one at some point anyway.

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2419 on: April 05, 2020, 05:35:26 PM »
If not, try to make it part of the deal. When I bought mine, the center stand was $146 with free installation. I didn't even think twice about it as I knew I was going to get one at some point anyway.
Yep..
After peeling off $20,000 for the bike, I dragged out the plastic and asked could I now purchase the rest of it please ?
About another $8,000 later I think I’m almost there..(pretty expensive trail bike...!)

Online Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2420 on: April 05, 2020, 07:03:43 PM »
This is starting to sound like a Harley thread. I think the Harely accessory catalogue is probably aa thousand pages. They probably add 25% to the price of every bike thet sell with add ons.   :popcorn:
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Online spmoto

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2421 on: April 06, 2020, 07:07:45 PM »
If you wanted to limit the garage to one, two at the most, would the V85 be the one?
 Please read the "preface" to my question before answering. I'm 70 years old, have been riding since I was 14, Got my first Guzzi in'84 an SPNT. Guzzi has been my primary ride since then with the occasional Duc along the way. My last Guzzi was a Stelvio which I liked a lot but it ultimately was too tall, heavy and problem riddled. Currently I have 2 Ducati's: a '97 sssp and an '05 st4s. Both great fun bikes but I miss Guzzi and shaft drive. The ST is a really comfortable, capable bike and the SS is just old school visceral fun. A V85 would probably replace the ST first, and, if it checked all the right boxes, maybe the SS as well. I live in Maine and our paved roads are rougher than most, plus we have a lot of gravel roads that neither the ST nor the SS are well suited for. Were I younger or still as strong as I was back in "the day" I might still have the Stelvio. Anyway, please share your thoughts if you are so inclined.
Thanks,
Steve M

elvisboy77

« Reply #2422 on: April 07, 2020, 07:44:13 AM »
If you wanted to limit the garage to one, two at the most, would the V85 be the one?
 Please read the "preface" to my question before answering. I'm 70 years old, have been riding since I was 14, Got my first Guzzi in'84 an SPNT. Guzzi has been my primary ride since then with the occasional Duc along the way. My last Guzzi was a Stelvio which I liked a lot but it ultimately was too tall, heavy and problem riddled. Currently I have 2 Ducati's: a '97 sssp and an '05 st4s. Both great fun bikes but I miss Guzzi and shaft drive. The ST is a really comfortable, capable bike and the SS is just old school visceral fun. A V85 would probably replace the ST first, and, if it checked all the right boxes, maybe the SS as well. I live in Maine and our paved roads are rougher than most, plus we have a lot of gravel roads that neither the ST nor the SS are well suited for. Were I younger or still as strong as I was back in "the day" I might still have the Stelvio. Anyway, please share your thoughts if you are so inclined.
Thanks,
Steve M

I can tell you that the V85TT does feel pretty light, it must have a low center of gravity, and only weighs about 500 lbs.  Plus, it is pretty slender in the seat area so it does not "feel" big when sitting on it.  I think you would be very happy with it.

Offline skippy

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2423 on: April 07, 2020, 02:13:06 PM »
I can tell you that the V85TT does feel pretty light, it must have a low center of gravity, and only weighs about 500 lbs.  Plus, it is pretty slender in the seat area so it does not "feel" big when sitting on it.  I think you would be very happy with it.

I will agree, The V85TT is incredibly nimble and carries itself as a feather weight. What is even more remarkable is when you take the aluminum saddle bags off. The bike really begins to feel small. Unlike my Breva where I don't notice when the bags are on, taking these off really makes the bike feel a lot smaller than it's 500 lbs would suggest. It is good enough to be the only bike in the garage but for now mine will be sharing digs with the Breva.

Skippy
23 V100 Mandello
20 V85TT

Online spmoto

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2424 on: April 07, 2020, 04:38:21 PM »
Thanks Gents! I'll be glad when I can make the trek to the nearest dealer over in New Hampshire. For now I'll just have to dig through the previous 80 pages of this thread. Lock down here in rural Maine seems very strange, but, understandable I guess. Hope you all are staying safe,
SM

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #2425 on: April 07, 2020, 04:42:11 PM »
I just got off mine.  I love it more each time I ride it.  I took my winter ugly shield off and put on the stock shield a few weeks ago and instead of the metal top case, just using a small soft bag.  It does feel much smaller and about 10hp stronger and gets 55 mpg.  With winter shield and bags, high 40s in mileage.  But in the cold, the winter shield is worth it.
Blue Guzz

Offline Faisal

• New Egg
« Reply #2426 on: May 16, 2020, 11:50:08 AM »
So, a few posts on page 78 or 79, can't remember exactly, I mentioned some issues with my clutch and how 'weak' it seems, especially off-road.

Yesterday, I was teaching giving my younger brother some beginner classes on bike riding, and the clutch started making this HORRIBLE sound immediately after cranking the engine, while idle.

I would just like to mention that up to this point, my younger brother did not crank the engine, so he has not touched the clutch at that point, so he didn't do anything.

I don't know if you can hear the sound of the clutch, maybe with earphones / headphones it might be clearer.

What do you think it is? Shot bearing?

I have spoken to my dealer previously about the clutch and how there is something wrong with it but I just can't place my finger on it. They have taken a few test rides on it, but obviously they don't ride the bike as much as I do and so they will never experience what I experience on a daily basis.

Here are the links to the 2 clips I took of the sound:

https://youtu.be/ttyoJwN2JlI

https://youtu.be/dTSIST_9080
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 11:53:07 AM by Faisal »

Online blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #2427 on: May 16, 2020, 01:45:02 PM »
my hearing isn't what it used to be.  because the clutch is dry, there is a certain amount of rattle while idling with the clutch disengaged.  i could not hear well enough while the bike was moving.  someone more astute than me will be along.
Blue Guzz

Online Caffeineo

• Guzzi B00b
  • Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2428 on: May 16, 2020, 07:03:38 PM »
My best guess...what about an exhaust shield or other piece a bit loose and rattling????
2022 Moto Guzzi V85
2018 Husky 701
2023 Husky TX300

Offline Marquezdl

• New Egg
« Reply #2429 on: May 25, 2020, 04:19:00 PM »
I am new here, I have a triumph tiger 800 XrT that I plan to trade towards a V85 TT.
I looked here, but could not find a definitive answer to the question of a center stand on the TT.  Can anyone answer that for US models?
Also, will either of the sidecases take a full face helmet?
Lastly, does MG offer a factory anti-theft immobilizer system?
Thanks....hope to be riding a new V85 TT sometime in June!

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here