Author Topic: 2008 Breva 1200 Sport many questions  (Read 5797 times)

Offline 80CX100

• Gaggle Hero
2008 Breva 1200 Sport many questions
« on: March 23, 2016, 11:29:34 PM »
My CX100 Lemans has been running like a top, love her to death,,, but wear and tear on my old body, are forcing some tough decisions on me. The committed leaning forward riding position with the clip ons, has been contributing to a pinched nerve problem in my neck,,, when it flares up, it's quite bad. I picked up a nice 2010 Suzuki DR650 for running around and exploring etc, and also to give me an option for riding,, if I'm only able to ride sitting more upright this summer.

A lady friend of sturdy stature (ducking,lol) has expressed a keen interest in being a passenger,,, being realistic about comfort and my neck issues,,, I've been keeping an eye out for for a more suitable, comfortable, relaxed riding position, sporty, large road bike,,, mostly searching for older Guzzis,BMW's Triumphs,,, even looked at some of the Buells. I must qualify, that I really DON'T LIKE the headaches and flakey nature of fuel pumps, injectors, ECU's, fuel maps, reflashes, sensors to go bad, chips to fry, electric glitches in the dash bringing the works to a grinding halt etc etc,,,but,,,

I have found a gorgeous looking low mileage 2008 Breva 1200 Sport,,no bags ;~( for a fair? price 6K Canadian = 4.5K US ?,,, this bike in red would make a very interesting stable mate for my red CX100 Lemans,,, it would be like the first and last of the generation of 2 valve big blocks in red cafe style guzzi's.

I know nothing about the Breva 1200 Sport and have done lots of reading,,, but have many questions for those in the know.

As I understand it, the 2008 1200 Sport was a one year wonder?,,, are there any known issues with the bike,,, or unobtanium parts,,, serviceable items that are difficult to source?

The alternator is supposed to be a heavy duty high output item driven externally by belt/chain ?, located above the crank between the cylinders?,,, rather than internally on the end of the crank,,, are there pros and cons? is it up to a full Gerbings heated suit etc?

Are my fears of the ECU, reflash complexity born out by real world experience,, it seems to be all I read on all of the motorcycle forums,,, or are people just overthinking a problem that really isn't there?,,, bear in mind, I do my own work,,, and am very comfortable, rebuilding carbs, rejetting etc,,,but fuel maps and electronic doohickory not so much.

Realizing that messing with the intake and exhaust would cause headaches with the Fuel Injection system,,, what does the stock 2 into 1 exhaust sound like on the Breva 1200 Sport?,,, as a comparison,,, I wasn't fond at all of the stock pipes on my CX100,,, but love the sound of the Lafranconi's.   

Is there no cush drive in the CARC system?,,, does that cause issues with the diff/tranny?,,,, should you be babying your downshsifts to prevent abnormal wear?

The ergos on the Breva 1200 sport look quite nice and relaxed,,, how comfortable could I expect it to be,,,especially 2 up,,, I'm 6'200 passenger 5'10" 170?

Without a centerstand on the Breva, and it appears that the exhaust collector passes beneath the bike,,, how do you lift it to do any work?

Forgive the newbie question but I have to ask after reading all the horror stories about 4Valve DLC failures etc,,, are the 2 Valve heads on the Breva the same style pushrod rocker arm valve actuation as my 949 cc big block,,, known to be relatively reliable?

I appreciate and thank you in advance for any information you can throw my way

Kelly
2008 California Vintage
2003 V11 Lemans
2007 Griso 1100
1979 G5 & 1980 Lemans CX100
2010 Suzuki DR650 & 1978 SR500

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Offline boatdetective

• Gaggle Hero
Re: 2008 Breva 1200 Sport many questions
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 07:14:02 AM »
Hmmm- where to begin?

First of all- ergos are in the fanny of the beholder. Most people don't carefor the factory bars and convert to Aprilia Mana bars (more rise and more pull back). I converted and the pull back allows your elbows to rotate and drop in a natural position(flat bars make your elbows stick out). Some folks have put riser blocks on the bikes. I found i prefer the mana bars and stock rise (so I can have more of a forward lean on the highway). Check cycle ergo to see what you think.

As for the passenger- I should mount my Hepco beckers and see what the room is like for passenger pegs. The Hepco Beckers are great bags.

My bike came with a carbon fiber Mistral- sounds great.

Messing around with the map is easy-peasy. There is a program out there (Guzzi Diag) that allows you top load maps. There is a long thread here describing the process. Essentially- make a donation to Paul for the program and you'll be able to reset your TPS, load maps, etc. You do NOT have to buy a Power Commander.

The center stand for a Norge will fit the bike. However, I have not bothered. The frame has a horizontal hole that allows you to pass a section of pipe through it and lift the bike up onto jackstands- very convenient for service.

The gauge package does not have vent holes, so if you ride in the rain, water can get trapped in there and fry the gauges. Another common issue is "startus interuptus"- a problem with the starting circuit- ismple fix by wiring a more direct circuit from starter to battery. I also had the ignition "immobilizer" fry. This is an electronic widget that senses the RFID chip in your key and allows the bike to start. The problem is tha tthe wires can get pinched and short out. Inexpensive part, yet a mother to get to.

The engine itself is the same as the early 2V 1200 in the Norge. No problems from head to tail with the drive train. All pretty straight forward and quite reliable.   The overall package makes for a good all rounder. I have an aftermarket seat that is quite comfortable. You can't expect much in the way of wind protection.  It's essentially a naked bike. The brakes are good- but I've found the rear has a tendency to lock up in a panic stop. If you feel you'd like a slightly more upright stance with better wind protection- just get a Norge- it's really the same bike (that is, the earlier ones with the 2V heads).
Jonathan K
Marblehead, MA

1981 V50III "Gina"
2007 Griso 1100 "Bluto" (departed but not forgotten)
2003 EV "Lola" gone to the "Ridin' Realtor" in Peoria
2007 1200 Sport "Ginger"

"Who's the cat who won't cop out, when there's danger all about?"  -Isaac Hayes

Offline ohiorider

• Gaggle Hero
  • "You can't fight in here - this is the War Room."
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 08:53:02 AM »
Re 1 year wonder …. The 1200 Sport has many parts that are common across the Breva/Norge/Sport CARC bikes.  On the surface, it appears to be little more than a punched-out Breva 1100 with a small bikini fairing, rear seat cowl, and a  tubular handlebar that can be changed out.  However, I believe the suspension is superior to that of the B11, and remember seeing on this site where a handful of Norge owners swapped out their forks for a set from the 1200 Sport.  Forks are adjustable for compression and rebound damping.

Re alternator … Guzzi manual states that the 1200 Sport 12v alternator is rated at 540 Watts, and the OEM battery is rated at 18amp hours.  Compare that to my older R100GS airhead, with an output of 280W. Maintenance schedule calls for changing out the alternator drive belt at 30,000 miles.  I went slightly over, changing at 38,000 miles.  Not too bad a job for the home mechanic, but I wouldn’t want to do it on the side of the road.  Whether it’ll power your particular Gerbing full riding suit, you’ll need to do the math.  I ride my Sport with heated grips and a sleeveless, older Widder electric vest with no issues.

Re exhaust sound …. Subjective.  I personally found the stock slip-on to have a rather nice bark.  One of our Norge forum members swapped out a clogged Norge slip-on with one from a 1200 Sport, and commented on the improvement in exhaust note.  I believe the Breva 1100 and Norge 1200 both have their cat converter mounted under the engine/tranny, and some owners of these bikes have complained of engine heat.  The 1200 Sport slip-on contains the cat converter (AFAIK), and I’ve personally not had issues with engine heat in warmer weather while riding the Sport.

Cush drive…. Don’t know if there is one on the bike or not.  Sorry can’t help there.  I’ve ridden shaft drive bikes so long, it’s second nature to ride ‘around’ their characteristics.  There is a fair amount of drive line lash which might have you doing some extra clutch work in stop and go traffic to keep drive line components from clunking.  I've found the six speed transmission to be very smooth shifting, up or down.

Ergos … I’m 5’7”, 160#, 30” inseam, 32” sleeve length.  I found the stock setup not good at all for me.  Changing to a Mana bar was a positive addition, and a set of adjustable foot pegs, after some experimentation, gave me the desired leg angle and seat to peg distance.  The stock saddle on my particular bike was padded with mush that made it feel like I was sitting on the frame rails after just a few miles.  Repadding by Sargent with their Atomic (firm) foam helped considerably, and finding a barely used Corbin provided the perfect platform for extended, multi-day trips.  A better perch for me, and a much better perch for a passenger (IMO)

Centerstand …. I bought and installed a used one and find it very handy when changing tires, cleaning wheels, changing oil, etc.

Valve actuation … seems to be the same old same ….. one camshaft located in the center of the ‘V’ with pushrod and rocker arm actuation of the 2 valve per head setup.

My Sport turned 62,000 miles before the end of the 2015 riding season, and this particular bike has been one of the most pleasant bikes I’ve owned (mostly flying brick K-RS bikes over several years, one airhead, and two oilheads)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 07:27:35 PM by ohiorider »
Main ride:  2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport (sold July 2020)
2012 Griso 8v SE (sold Sept '15)
Reliable standby: 1991 BMW R100GS
2014 Honda CB1100 (Traded Nov 2019)
New:  2016 Triumph T120 (Traded Dec 2021)
New:  2021 Kawasaki W800

Online bad Chad

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 09:21:05 AM »
Iv got a B1100. Very similarwith 33k and has been pretty much flawless.   The carc does have a cush system, cant recall how it works but it does.

As with all modern guzzi, set up is crucial to optimum runing.
2007 Breva 1100  Red Arrow (and faster than yours!)
2016 CSC 250TT Zongshen
2017 V9 Roamer

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 09:21:05 AM »

pete roper

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 10:55:37 AM »
Two valve CARC bikes have the same old face cam shock absorber in the gearbox as the later five speed. The shaft itself has a bonded rubber insert that acts as a Cush as well. The six speeds in both 2V and 8V bikes are pretty much impregnable.

Pete

Offline ohiorider

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 11:17:13 AM »
Didn't think about it (cush) being in the tranny.  Thanks.

Bob
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 11:55:22 AM by ohiorider »

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 03:22:25 PM »
For a lift, I just installed bobbins in the passenger footrests, and modified a stock lift to reach them.

Offline ohiorider

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 06:13:41 PM »
Other WG members may have already mentioned these items.  I went over my maintenance spreadsheet and thought I'd post these items:
- change original fuel filter to all metal filter.  Plastic/metal filters sometimes fail, leaving you at a dead stop.
- Buy a couple of heavy duty valve cover gaskets.  OEM ones seem to want to blow out, leaving an oily mess down the engine.
- Original OEM tires handled dreadfully after a few thou miles.  Consider changing to Michelin PR3/PR4 or similar.
- Already mentioned .... either use Kev M's solution or buy and install 'startus interruptus' kit from MPH.

That's it for me.  If my 1200 Sport blew up tomorrow, would I buy another?  Chances are very good I would.  She's been a sweetheart for the last 6 years and 62k miles.

Best of luck on your decision.

EDIT: you asked about exhaust tone.  Here's a short video of my 1200S in 2010 on a lovely road running along the Walhonding River.  Not LaFranconi in quality, but not bad for stock, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXtUxm0HY_o

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 07:19:55 PM by ohiorider »

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 08:18:59 PM »
some good thoughtful replies.. Makes me want one myself.. but not red.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 08:47:21 PM »
some good thoughtful replies.. Makes me want one myself.. but not red.

I could sell you a black & white one.  But you'd have to come over to New Zealand to pick it up.  Might as well ride it for a while before winter kicks in over here.

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 09:12:22 PM »
I could sell you a black & white one.  But you'd have to come over to New Zealand to pick it up.  Might as well ride it for a while before winter kicks in over here.
I'll run right out and get some lottery tickets and be right over..
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline tpeever

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 08:58:33 AM »
Like my 1200 Sport very much especially now with the availability of diagnostic software and new fueling map and courtesy of several members on this forum. Great all 'round bike as several have mentioned. Stock bars are too low and too far forward for most folks and the stock seat is atrocious. I have installed slightly higher bars, risers and a Corbin seat and the ergos are now perfect for me. Very comfortable over long distances. I set my bike up for touring by attaching Norge bags and it works great. Highly recommended motorcycle!!

See specific comments below

Tobin

As I understand it, the 2008 1200 Sport was a one year wonder?,,, are there any known issues with the bike,,, or unobtanium parts,,, serviceable items that are difficult to source?

I haven't had any problem obtaining any parts for mine but only have about 8K miles on my bike so far so only routine maintenance to date

The alternator is supposed to be a heavy duty high output item driven externally by belt/chain ?, located above the crank between the cylinders?,,, rather than internally on the end of the crank,,, are there pros and cons? is it up to a full Gerbings heated suit etc?

I don't run any heated gear or grips so cannot comment but it sounds like other Sport owners have no issues

Are my fears of the ECU, reflash complexity born out by real world experience,, it seems to be all I read on all of the motorcycle forums,,, or are people just overthinking a problem that really isn't there?,,, bear in mind, I do my own work,,, and am very comfortable, rebuilding carbs, rejetting etc,,,but fuel maps and electronic doohickory not so much.

I felt the same way about ECUs and fuel injection as all my experience was with carbed bikes before this one. It seemed like a huge big black box that was not accessible to the average home mechanic. However, that has all changed due to the efforts of several members on this forum. I would not hesitate at all to dive into fuel mapping. I started playing with the GuzziDiag software about a year ago and tried loading up new maps from members on this forum. HUGE improvement!!! IMO upgrading the fuel map is essential to get these bikes running properly

Realizing that messing with the intake and exhaust would cause headaches with the Fuel Injection system,,, what does the stock 2 into 1 exhaust sound like on the Breva 1200 Sport?,,, as a comparison,,, I wasn't fond at all of the stock pipes on my CX100,,, but love the sound of the Lafranconi's.

I like the sound of the stock exhaust on my bike. It's not as nice as many of the aftermarket mufflers available but I haven't felt the need to change it yet   

Is there no cush drive in the CARC system?,,, does that cause issues with the diff/tranny?,,,, should you be babying your downshsifts to prevent abnormal wear?

See comment form Pete

The ergos on the Breva 1200 sport look quite nice and relaxed,,, how comfortable could I expect it to be,,,especially 2 up,,, I'm 6'200 passenger 5'10" 170?

Ergos for me (6'2") are very good now that bars were changed to LSL Streetbike and risers added and Corbin seat. I find pegs are perfect although some people find them too high and lower them. I added Norge bags and use my bike for touring. It is very comfortable now and the fairing works very well despite being fairly minimal. I don't really like windshields on motorcycles and the fairing on this bike works really well to remove just enough wind from your chest. Don't think the bike would be super comfortable for a passenger over long distances even with an ungraded seat but I guess it kinda depends on your passenger

Without a centerstand on the Breva, and it appears that the exhaust collector passes beneath the bike,,, how do you lift it to do any work?

I have a couple of types of bike lift. A hydraulic table type and a hydraulic scissor type. Haven't had the need for a centerstand although I will probably put one on at some point

Forgive the newbie question but I have to ask after reading all the horror stories about 4Valve DLC failures etc,,, are the 2 Valve heads on the Breva the same style pushrod rocker arm valve actuation as my 949 cc big block,,, known to be relatively reliable?

Seems like the 2V bikes are very reliable. No issues for me but I don't have very many miles on yet

I appreciate and thank you in advance for any information you can throw my way

Kelly
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 01:10:56 PM by tpeever »
2008 Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport
2007 Moto Guzzi Nevada
1978 Kawasaki KZ650
1976 BMW R75/6
1974 Norton Commando
1968 Moto Guzzi V700
1967 Triumph TR6C
1961 Norton Dominator

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2016, 03:05:45 PM »
Stock bars are too low and too far forward for most folks and the stock seat is atrocious.

I can agree with you about the bars, not so much the height and position, but the angle they left the triple-tree make just about everyone change them out.  Aprilia Mana bars appear to be the favourite replacement, I have Renthal Fatbars on one of my Sports that I think is even slightly better.

But the stock seat?  I don't have any problem with it, and prefer it over the Breva 1100 and Norge seat.  A few years ago, I rode from Tybee Island (east of Savannah) GA to Marina Del Rey CA without a complaint on my 1200 Sport with stock seat.  There are better things to spend your money on.

Offline ohiorider

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 06:56:59 PM »
I can agree with you about the bars, not so much the height and position, but the angle they left the triple-tree make just about everyone change them out.  Aprilia Mana bars appear to be the favourite replacement, I have Renthal Fatbars on one of my Sports that I think is even slightly better.

But the stock seat?  I don't have any problem with it, and prefer it over the Breva 1100 and Norge seat.  A few years ago, I rode from Tybee Island (east of Savannah) GA to Marina Del Rey CA without a complaint on my 1200 Sport with stock seat.  There are better things to spend your money on.
Dave .... I certainly wish you'd had the opportunity to ride my Sport back from New Hampshire to home in Ohio in 2010.  My particular saddle was (for me) really bad.  I think if you'd had my saddle on your bike, you might have had the same experience.  Again .... like everything else about bike ergos, it's subjective, and will vary from rider to rider.  It was torture for me.  And I wasn't a newbie rider at that time, having owned several sport tourers over several thousand miles. 

Makes me think back to when I purchased a 2004 BMW Rockster.  BMW offered saddles in a couple, maybe three saddle heights.  The dealer had a couple of sets of each in stock in stock.  I wanted the highest, though I'm short.  A couple of us experimented sitting on all three on the showroom floor.  Turned out that the lower saddle was actually taller and firmer than the 'comfort saddle.'

So, I say that a saddle that works for one rider may be garbage for another.  However, my particular saddle was mush, even for my 160 pounds. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 06:35:59 AM by ohiorider »

Offline tpeever

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2016, 02:22:26 PM »

Seats, bars etc. are a pretty personal thing and the Corbin I put on my Sport was the best money I ever spent on a great bike!! Can only talk about my experience and I think it is important to state that I am 6'2" and 215 lbs. I had several issues with the seat. Number one, it was inclined too far forward so my ass was always sliding forward and my jewels tended to get compacted against the back of the tank. I tried to fix this by reshaping the foam and it was better, but not good enough. Second, it was too narrow with too little side support which I suspect was the main issue for Ohiorider as well. Very fatiguing. Third, it was WAY too soft. Tried to insert denser foam in the center of the stock seat foam and increase side support a bit. Again it was better but not good enough. The foam in the stock seat may be dense enough for someone who weighs 50 lbs less than me, but it was not anywhere near dense enough foam for me. Considered having one of the master seat builders modify my seat ($750) but went with the Corbin ($400). Another thing to consider is that I am one of those people who really likes Corbin seats. Had 'em on several bikes including my Commando currently. Many people find them too hard but they are perfect for me. The final point is that this bike is my main touring mount so I routinely ride 400-500 miles days on it. The stock seat was fine for 75 mile rides. So different strokes for different folks...........
2007 Moto Guzzi Nevada
1978 Kawasaki KZ650
1976 BMW R75/6
1974 Norton Commando
1968 Moto Guzzi V700
1967 Triumph TR6C
1961 Norton Dominator

Offline tpeever

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 02:41:35 PM »
Here is shot of the Corbin on my bike. I initially wasn't so crazy about the stitching as I thought the seat looked too "plush" and not sporty enough but I am warming to the look. Definitely not as "sport" as the stock seat but a hell of a lot more practical. As one of my buddies said, nobody can see the stitching when someone is riding the bike..........

2007 Moto Guzzi Nevada
1978 Kawasaki KZ650
1976 BMW R75/6
1974 Norton Commando
1968 Moto Guzzi V700
1967 Triumph TR6C
1961 Norton Dominator

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 02:47:55 PM »
Don't know how Ccoli had his Sport set up but I enjoyed it.  Rode it from Milwaukee area to the National in Elkader.  Felt like a BMW RT.  I did test ride a stock one at open house at the Dealer in Thousand Oaks.  Felt fine too.  This after the Malibu National.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline ohiorider

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 06:42:48 PM »
Here is shot of the Corbin on my bike. I initially wasn't so crazy about the stitching as I thought the seat looked too "plush" and not sporty enough but I am warming to the look. Definitely not as "sport" as the stock seat but a hell of a lot more practical. As one of my buddies said, nobody can see the stitching when someone is riding the bike..........

I'm like you regarding the 'looks' of the Corbin.  But when I plan on a trip where I'll maybe be doing a 400+ mile ride per day, forget about looks.  I will admit to being vain about the appearance of the stock saddle with the black and white rear cowl ..... it looks really nice, and I keep it on for day trips in the area.  But when it comes to serious saddle time, the Corbin works for me.  Additionally, I travel with a soft pack sitting on the passenger area, so the cowl becomes a non issue.  Perfect combo for me with my Sport is:
- Bagster tank cover and small/medium size tankbag
- Corbin saddle
- Cortech soft pack on saddle
- HB 30 l Juniors with bag liners (those in the pic are 40 liter bags  ...  bring your 'wide load' sign.)
- HB rear rack to hold tent/sleeping bag/Thermorest.  Rack stays off in town, takes 5 minutes to install it for a road trip.

Not too much, not too little ...... just right!

Corbin saddle?  What Corbin saddle!!??
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 05:56:56 AM by ohiorider »

Doppelgaenger

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2016, 04:36:22 AM »

I have had Dave Richardson go on record more than once saying that the 2v Breva engines are some of the best that Guzzi ever made. Due mostly to the fact that they still have cable actuated throttle bodies instead of ride by wire (which guzzi hasn't mastered yet)

Regarding the transmission on the Brevas, they are loud and can be clunky but I have never, in over 12000 miles, ever had a false neutral. And they don't miss shifts. If you miss a shift, it's your fault and not the bike's.

I find these bikes are very good at communicating to you how they want to be ridden. Getting a Breva to ride smoothly can be a bit of a challenge, but it can be done and the satisfaction for finding that perfect technique is rewarding in of itself. You can slam them around, but they don't like it and are happy to offer their opinions on the matter.

pete roper

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2016, 04:45:32 AM »
(Sigh!) ignorance is a wonderful thing.

Apart from the Cali 14 all big blocks and I think the smallblocks use a traditional cable system. The smallblocks I still haven't had the chance to examine one closely but I think that what I thought was a RBW interpretation of throttle behaviour is probably a stepper function. I'm happier to be corrected though.

The WM ride by wire system is not only very reliable but virtually foolproof with a triple redundancy protection feature to ensure the bike can't *Go berserk*.

Once again we have fear mongering based on a desire to turn back the clock. Silly and a n some ways a bit sad......

Offline tpeever

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2016, 11:14:21 AM »
Regarding the transmission on the Brevas, they are loud and can be clunky but I have never, in over 12000 miles, ever had a false neutral. And they don't miss shifts. If you miss a shift, it's your fault and not the bike's.

I disagree entirely. My 1200 Sport gearbox is very precise and quiet. Completely unlike other vintage Guzzi gearboxes I have used. It is ALMOST as good as the AMC gearboxes on my Commando and Dominator which for me sets the standard for precise gearboxes when they are set up properly.
2007 Moto Guzzi Nevada
1978 Kawasaki KZ650
1976 BMW R75/6
1974 Norton Commando
1968 Moto Guzzi V700
1967 Triumph TR6C
1961 Norton Dominator

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here