Author Topic: UPDATE! Any riders in Chattanooga Tn general area interested in meet-ups?  (Read 7344 times)

bobrebos

Very much appreciate your efforts here!
I'm gonna hit as many as I can :bike-037:
You have GOT to bring that chopper at least once! :thumb:

Offline decotriumph

• Hatchling
Thanks for doing this, Bob. I won't make every one, but I'll try to make a few.
Alan M
Tullahoma, TN

2004 Moto Guzzi California EV1100 Touring

Past Guzzis:
2020 V85TT Adventure
2017 V9 Bobber
2014 Stelvio NTX
2012 Stelvio
2000 Jackal
1997 1100i Sport
1975 850T

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
Would that by chance be an Amen Savior frame?

Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

bobrebos

Would that by chance be an Amen Savior frame?

Yes.  a version of with a couple of tweeks from many years ago......

Wildguzzi.com

Offline Thunderbutt

• Hatchling
Also- Sept. 8-10th is the "Southern Spine Raid"  held at the Lodge at Tellico Plains.  Started as a group of V-11 riders but everyone is welcome.  This will be the 13th year.

Fri- meet and greet @The Lodge at Tellico
Sat-after breakfast-  ride over to Franklin, have lunch and ride back to Tellico for social
Sun-after breakfast- everyone heads home

Check out the V-11 LeMans Forum for further details

Jerry
Current rides: 2000 V-11 Sport-SOLD, 2003 Aprilia Mille Haga Replica #125, 1975 Triumph T160, 2002 LeMans, 2008 Norge aka the silver bullet

bobrebos

Also- Sept. 8-10th is the "Southern Spine Raid"  held at the Lodge at Tellico Plains.  Started as a group of V-11 riders but everyone is welcome.  This will be the 13th year.

Fri- meet and greet @The Lodge at Tellico
Sat-after breakfast-  ride over to Franklin, have lunch and ride back to Tellico for social
Sun-after breakfast- everyone heads home

Check out the V-11 LeMans Forum for further details

Jerry

Ok got it.  I already posted the sept 9 th meetup at tellico Kat's.  Didn't mean to step on any toes.  Maybe we could stop by the lodge and say hello if they all aren't out on a ride then......
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 05:58:25 PM by bobrebos »

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
Spine raid is a must do for any Guzzisti. !
Again, thanks to you Bob for these efforts :thumb:
Keep them coming!
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Thunderbutt

• Hatchling
Bob- Your not stepping on any toes.  I think its great you have taken the initiative to try and get Guzzi guys together.  Please feel free to stop by, and if you  get there early enough Sat morning, join everyone for the ride, or just enjoy the shade and views. Everyone is welcome.

Jerry
Current rides: 2000 V-11 Sport-SOLD, 2003 Aprilia Mille Haga Replica #125, 1975 Triumph T160, 2002 LeMans, 2008 Norge aka the silver bullet

Offline flower_king001

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Any riders in Chattanooga Tn general area interested in meet-ups?
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2017, 08:58:06 AM »
I'm in Tullahoma, TN, about 75 miles up boring Interstate 24 from Chattanooga. Probably 80 miles via more interesting Guzzi-worthy roads. I'm also 15 miles or so from Lynchburg.

I'm in Pulaski, TN about 75 miles south of Nashville. I'm either tooling about on my 86' Lemans, 98' EV or my 1100 Breva.

Brian
Current Fleet

1971 BMW R90/5
1986 Moto Guzzi Lemans IV 1000
1998 Moto Guzzi 1100 EV
2005 BMW 1200 RT
2007 BMW 1200 GS
2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Any riders in Chattanooga Tn general area interested in meet-ups?
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2017, 11:30:04 AM »
I'm in Pulaski, TN about 75 miles south of Nashville. I'm either tooling about on my 86' Lemans, 98' EV or my 1100 Breva.

Brian
Seems Guzzis are a thick as thieves in these here parts!
This could be the start of something big, like a Sturgis for geese :boozing: :bike-037:
Or not. :thewife:
 :boozing:
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline doslemans

• New Egg
Please add me to the mix.  Long time Guzzi rider lots of Guzzi people know over many years but till now have shied away from online media.  I'm in Normandy, Tennessee.  Pat Cowden

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
Please add me to the mix.  Long time Guzzi rider lots of Guzzi people know over many years but till now have shied away from online media.  I'm in Normandy, Tennessee.  Pat Cowden
WELCOME PAT!
Can you give us an idea how YOU came to ride Guzzis, and maybe fill in the blanks on other brands of motorcycles you may have owned.
And, as always, pictures are mandatory! :drool:
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

bobrebos

Ive added you to the mix...or should I say Guzzi misfits??  Oh well.  Hopefully we get to meet at one of the ride and greets..... 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 10:41:07 AM by bobrebos »

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
Guzzi Misfits! Love it! :thumb:
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline doslemans

• New Egg
Couldn't figure out how to reply to Tazio asking for more info so here goes.  Been riding something with a motor and 2 wheels since I was 6 yrs old, pushing 64 now.  Mostly in order - simplex servicycle, 125cc 3 spd allstate with shift on clutch lever, too many allstate and Cushman scooters to list, dt125 Yamaha enduro, Honda 305 cl77, Norton 850 commando traded in on 76 Guzzi 850T3, 76 Kawasaki Z1, 77 Yamaha xs750 touring, current 86 lemans1V with 175K miles(lost in 07 Guzzi Natl in Minnesota with 139K and revived, current 2004 V11 Lemans, current Yamaha super tenere. Just gave the T3 to a buddy who wanted a project for he and his son.  Ran well but needs a major cosmetic resto.

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
Pat,well said.  :thumb:
I, for one, have a curiosity regarding others motorcycling past.
When I was in high school, my neighbor let me take his
Yamaha XS750 triple to school.

I was a god for a day! :boozing:.
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Motormike

• Gaggle Hero
Dunlap, TN here, lots of good roads. I'm a little late to this list, but have the TWO camp out on my calendar.  Lots of conflicts on the other ones.  Like the Barber Vintage festival during the weekend of Oct. 6, 7, and 8th.   For something in Knoxville, what about the Time Warp Tea Room? (https://www.facebook.com/timewarptearoom)  Need to check out Speed Deluxe in Chattanooga.  Rode by it the other day.

bobrebos

Dunlap, TN here, lots of good roads. I'm a little late to this list, but have the TWO camp out on my calendar.  Lots of conflicts on the other ones.  Like the Barber Vintage festival during the weekend of Oct. 6, 7, and 8th.   For something in Knoxville, what about the Time Warp Tea Room? (https://www.facebook.com/timewarptearoom)  Need to check out Speed Deluxe in Chattanooga.  Rode by it the other day.

Thank-You for your reply and info....will add the Time Warp Tea Room to the list of possible destinations.  Hope to see you out on road somewhere sometime....

:bike-037:

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Couldn't figure out how to reply to Tazio asking for more info so here goes.  Been riding something with a motor and 2 wheels since I was 6 yrs old, pushing 64 now.  Mostly in order - simplex servicycle, 125cc 3 spd allstate with shift on clutch lever, too many allstate and Cushman scooters to list, dt125 Yamaha enduro, Honda 305 cl77, Norton 850 commando traded in on 76 Guzzi 850T3, 76 Kawasaki Z1, 77 Yamaha xs750 touring, current 86 lemans1V with 175K miles(lost in 07 Guzzi Natl in Minnesota with 139K and revived, current 2004 V11 Lemans, current Yamaha super tenere. Just gave the T3 to a buddy who wanted a project for he and his son.  Ran well but needs a major cosmetic resto.

Hiya Pat! Good to see you here.  :thumb: It's been a while.. going to KY?
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
Hiya Pat! Good to see you here.  :thumb: It's been a while.. going to KY?

Or Ohio??

Good to see you here Pat! (You have a private message.......... :grin:)

John Henry

bobrebos

Re: UPDATE Re: Any riders in Chattanooga Tn general area interested in meet-ups?
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2017, 07:09:41 AM »
Note the following meet-up schedule;

1.  Meet-Up at Tellico Kats on the River. (Lunch spot on Tellico River in Tellico Plains, Tn) .....September 9th at 12:00 Noon
http://tellicokats.com/

2.  Meet-Up at  Speed Deluxe, North Shore in Chattanooga Tn (Coffee and bike shop)  September 23rd at 11:30 am
http://speeddeluxe.com/

3.  Moto Guzzi Campout Two Wheels Only in Suchess Georgia....October 20-22nd.  http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=91185.0

4.  Meet Up at International Towing and Recovery Museum in Chattanooga Tn,,, Future Date PENDING....

5.  Meet Up at Tellico Grains Bakery,....Future Date PENDING.....http://tellico-grains-bakery.com/

Im also looking for interesting places in Knoxville general area for anybody over in that neck of the woods for future meet-ups.....

Let me know your thoughts, pass on the information, and Please message me a week prior to let me know if you are coming so I know whether or not to cancel meet-ups....

Thanks  Bob   :bike-037:

REMINDER!  September 9th, 12:00 Noon,  Tellico Kats Deli, Tellico Plains Tn,   Ride and Greet!!   

« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 06:01:17 PM by bobrebos »

Offline mgmark

• Hatchling
  • Those schnitzengrubens can wear you out.
Re: UPDATE! Any riders in Chattanooga Tn general area interested in meet-ups?
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2017, 08:55:34 AM »
I'm on the east side of Chattanooga. I should be able to make the Speed Deluxe meet as I'm working days that week. And we can stop afterwords for lunch at Nikki's drive-in just up the street from there.
Mark
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 11:22:17 AM by mgmark »
1984 LeMans > 1985 LeMans + 1978 LeMans > 1989 Lemans > 20 years later, 1985 Lemans > 1980 SP1000
2019 Triumph T100 Bonneville

MGNOC #11062

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here