Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Zack and Ari cross Wyoming on vintage enduros
« Last post by Shorty on February 01, 2023, 10:39:59 PM »
It was a fun video for me, having owned at least one of each of those bikes. I always found the 2 smoke Yamaha to have a little more emergency grunt if you got into tricky situations in the woods. Honda was more of a true dual sport as it was far better for riding on roads. Great memories. I think they both watched too many episodes of "Jackass.:grin: 
General Discussion / Re: NGC - Down draft Weber Carbs
« Last post by Turin on February 01, 2023, 10:35:24 PM »
I had a 750 Paso and the weber worked fine after you played with the emulsion tube and added a fuel pressure regulator. The Paso forum details are dead nuts on. That said, mikuni makes fine carburetors and I'm fitting a set of Mikuni HSR's on my ongoing project.
« Last post by nc43bsa on February 01, 2023, 10:12:33 PM »
It's interesting that you want to replace Mikunis with a dual-throat Weber when in the 90s everyone with a Ducati Paso was replacing the dual-throat Weber with Mikunis.

I found that the problems with Pasos with Webers were solved once you had the parts and experience to properly tune the Webers, which came from Ducati horribly jetted for the SE US.
General Discussion / Re: Need help with a HORN BUTTON
« Last post by Kiwi_Roy on February 01, 2023, 10:06:59 PM »
I bought a Convert recently, a previous owner had added a side carno right arm so he converted the Horn button to act as a starter button you could do something similar or add an extra button below the start button and sound the horn with your right thumb, I do like the idea of using the headlight flasher button also but you would need to use a relay for the horns.
« Last post by FarmallA on February 01, 2023, 09:58:41 PM »
This site came up right away, have some maybe useful info:

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/document.asp?DocID=TECH00151

Didn't the Ducati Paso have a downdraft Weber?  Yes, a 44 DCNF.

Here's a thread about messing with the Paso Weber.

http://forums.ducatipaso.org/viewtopic.php?t=747

This guy replaced it with a 40 DCNF and had better results he says.  That's for a Paso 750, Your TDM is an 850, so who knows?

Making an intake manifold to fit should be fun.

But Mikuni carbs are supposed to be good too.  Worked great on my old 750 carby Monster once I returned it all to stock from the abomination it was when I first got it. (painfully loud and it ran like crap).

FarmallA
Steve
General Discussion / Re: Fitting a V7 Stone headlight to V7 Special
« Last post by Kiwi_Roy on February 01, 2023, 09:47:08 PM »

Isn't it a little more complicated though?

I mean aren't we talking about LED vs incandescent? And does the LED unit have an additional circuit (the eagle shaped running light)?

Or am I thinking about a different light combo?

Edit - I guess the Special is an LED too, it just looks different. But I wonder what the heck the wiring differences are that this comes up?
Yes, you would have to take care of the running light but I presume that's what you like about the Stone light so adding an extra switch shouldn't[t be a big deal
General Discussion / Re: V100 Mandello Merged Threadfest
« Last post by LowRyter on February 01, 2023, 09:41:07 PM »
Seems the cams have to come out to change the valve shims. Radiator off, front chest cover off and pin the crank. According to Roper.

what is the mileage interval?
General Discussion / Re: V100 Mandello Merged Threadfest
« Last post by rschrum on February 01, 2023, 09:32:10 PM »
Seems the cams have to come out to change the valve shims. Radiator off, front chest cover off and pin the crank. According to Roper.
General Discussion / Re: Zack and Ari cross Wyoming on vintage enduros
« Last post by MMRanch on February 01, 2023, 09:28:26 PM »
Hay David

You had a  Himalayan , how would it do on a trip like that ?    ...     Without the carrying it across the black-top part !  :laugh: :laugh:

General Discussion / Re: Mail Hack
« Last post by Scout63 on February 01, 2023, 09:27:24 PM »
The Slater Brothers documentation letter is a real loss. Irreplaceable I would imagine. What a pissah!

Believe it or not I can get a new letter from Richard Slater.  Itís 170 pounds and the wiring overseas will be a little tricky, but I think itís worth it. For all heís done I hope he can recover a little something on the back end. Some personal connection with Richard is important to me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here