Author Topic: CoTA road race schedule this Sunday  (Read 5422 times)

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
CoTA road race schedule this Sunday
« on: April 09, 2016, 01:55:14 PM »
Moto America race 11am eastern. MotoGP race 2:55 pm eastern on beIN

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
Re: CoTA road race schedule this Sunday
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 02:54:55 PM »
But the REAL racing doesn't start 'till 1830 :evil:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 04:59:42 PM »
Got a new Cycle World today and with it is a MotoAmerica 50 pg. pamphlet of the 9 RR tracks, diagrams of them, dates they race, and a list of all the racers this season +page for autograph signing.  :cool:

Offline mjptexas

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 12:04:59 AM »
But the REAL racing doesn't start 'till 1830 :evil:

HA!

I went to the AMA flat track races at COTA tonight (just got home).  What a hoot!  18 bikes going flat out into a very tight first turn was absolute insanity!  They kept referring to the track as a "technical" track.  I guess that's because the 1-2 turns are tighter than 3-4.  The track is egg shaped.  This is real racing!
Mike

'18 R Nine T Urban GS
'17 Griso
'16 XL1200 Roadster
'15 Monster 821
'14 Cali Custom
'14 Vespa GTS300 Super
'15 Vespa Primavera
'75 CB400F
'76 CB550F

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 12:04:59 AM »

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 09:28:37 AM »
You'll really enjoy the Mile Mike
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 11:45:44 AM »
Moto 3 on now,  then Moto 2 and Moto GP.  :thumb:   Since I don't usually watch the Moto 2,3 races I posted incorrectly their sequence here.  Got them mixed up earlier.  :angel:

The Moto 3 race is usually a freight train like Nascar races but on this track it wasn't that way.  They separated. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 12:19:21 PM by Arizona Wayne »

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 03:14:19 PM »
After the Moto GP crash fest that just ran the Moto America Superbike race is coming on beIN!   :popcorn:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 03:19:12 PM by Arizona Wayne »

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 04:36:02 PM »
Don't know about you guys but I thought the MA race was the most entertaining of them all.  Tony Elias will probably be kept around now  since winning 2 races for Suzuki and the Yamhas are no longer the dominant bikes to beat like the last 2 years in Superbike class.

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2016, 08:08:10 PM »
My guess is Elias is on contract from Moto GP.  They'll keep him around for the American series if they think they can win it with a 10 year old bike.

What happened to the Yamahas?
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2016, 08:23:53 PM »
My guess is Elias is on contract from Moto GP.  They'll keep him around for the American series if they think they can win it with a 10 year old bike.

What happened to the Yamahas?

What I heard is Elias was at home with no ride this year and will be happy to stay in the US for awhile @ MA.   The factory Yamahas got their asses kicked both Saturday & Sunday by both Yoshimura Suzukis, that's what happened.   :shocked:   Next race is @ Road Atlanta.  Tony Elias has upped the ante (former Moto GP racer, Moto 2 Champion)

Remember when Mladin & Spies used to dominate on the Suzukis?  Well those times might be coming back.  :evil:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 09:04:26 PM by Arizona Wayne »

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2016, 08:46:10 PM »
What a fun day at COTA today!!

Wonderful 2 up ride up on the Norge, great day of racing to watch (Marquez Total Domination) and a fun twisty ride back with an obligatory stop for BBQ at Blacks in Lockhart, and then fun riding with a great group of 3 other riders headed back to Houston after the race.  All in all a great day out!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 08:47:06 PM by PJPR01 »
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2016, 09:25:45 PM »
Marquez Total Domination

glad I watched on TV,  I've seen 3 years of it live.  The best was last year during the quals. 

So Paul, did you see Darren or Mike?
John L 

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2016, 09:41:45 PM »
Unfortunately I didn't manage to come across any other WG members there, I don't know why it's hard to find folks, but it was a massive attendance today and this time we were in the Grandstand as opposed to turn 15 or General Admission as in prior years.  Our other WG member Tom Nova was also there but we were sitting in different areas this year so we missed connecting at Ducati Island. 

I was pleasantly surprised though to see a beautiful V7 Yellow and a V11 Sport parked one aisle over from us in C Lot, and a beautiful Red V7 (I think the same color as our Pittsburgh friend here) also trundling down the main drive as we were walking back.

Oddly enough...just as we were leaving Blacks in Lockhart on the moto, I saw a guy in a white Moto Guzzi T-shirt walking in...

Can't wait to download the GoPro video I took during the race as well...seeing these guys scream down the straight in front of the Grandstand at around 200 mph is impressive!  Ear plugs for riding do great at the track too as they come by at speed!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 09:42:41 PM by PJPR01 »
Paul R
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2016, 09:46:40 PM »
It's OFFICIAL........... ..Jorge Lorenzo will be on a Ducati for 2 years starting next year !!   :popcorn:

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2016, 09:32:49 AM »
It's OFFICIAL........... ..Jorge Lorenzo will be on a Ducati for 2 years starting next year !!   :popcorn:

John L 

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 11:27:17 AM »
Unfortunately I didn't manage to come across any other WG members there, I don't know why it's hard to find folks, but it was a massive attendance today and this time we were in the Grandstand as opposed to turn 15 or General Admission as in prior years.  Our other WG member Tom Nova was also there but we were sitting in different areas this year so we missed connecting at Ducati Island. 

I was pleasantly surprised though to see a beautiful V7 Yellow and a V11 Sport parked one aisle over from us in C Lot, and a beautiful Red V7 (I think the same color as our Pittsburgh friend here) also trundling down the main drive as we were walking back.

Oddly enough...just as we were leaving Blacks in Lockhart on the moto, I saw a guy in a white Moto Guzzi T-shirt walking in...

Can't wait to download the GoPro video I took during the race as well...seeing these guys scream down the straight in front of the Grandstand at around 200 mph is impressive!  Ear plugs for riding do great at the track too as they come by at speed!

Yeah, those Moto GP bikes are LOUD!   Not as loud as they were back in the `60's but still loud by today's standards.  I remember the 250 twin 2 stroke race bikes exhausts vibrating(frequency) my inner eardrums.  :huh: 

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 11:45:55 AM »
I read that Pedrosa apologized to Dovi for causing that accident in turn 1 in the race and we saw him go over to the Ducati pits and do that after the race.  Watching it happen it looked like the opposite were guilty of the incident.  :huh:  Dovi was out of the race but Dani got back in it(surprisingly after the hit he took).

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 12:00:02 PM »
What is amazing to me is the average speeds for the race winners as in motogp ,moto 2 and moto3 were only 6 or 7 mph different! (89.0 for m 1,97.8 for m2 and 100.9 for motogp. That is a spread of only 3 min for a 20 lap race (41 to 43 min!)

Those little guys are carrying a load of corner speed!

:-)

Indeed...seems like a very small margin on paper!  7 seconds I think was the final spread in Moto GP between 1 and 2 positions, amazing perspective when you see Marquez scream past the Grandstand, and make it around Turn 1 before #2 rider crossed in front of us was truly impressive, a massive distance covered in just a few seconds...at 200 mph, they are covering I guess close to 300 feet per second (just doing rough mental math here).
Paul R
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 12:05:18 PM »
They haul ass and each class sounds different.

The moto 3 bikes drone.  the moto 2 bikes scream.  and the moto gp bikes bark.

the moto gp bikes were about 5 seconds faster than moto america superbikes.
John L 

Offline jbell

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Some progress
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2016, 01:49:13 PM »
I read that Pedrosa apologized to Dovi for causing that accident in turn 1 in the race and we saw him go over to the Ducati pits and do that after the race.  Watching it happen it looked like the opposite were guilty of the incident.  :huh:  Dovi was out of the race but Dani got back in it(surprisingly after the hit he took).

Immediately after the accident, Pedrosa went over to Dovi (still down on the track) and spoke to him for a second or two, patted him on the back and seemed to make sure Dovi was okay before getting back on his bike though he had to pull out of the race a few laps later.  Pedrosa?? class guy!

'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

Offline jbell

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Some progress
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2016, 02:03:20 PM »

Dang, Paul, I was working right across the track from you in the Paddock loft.  If you saw one of the white shirt security folks getting cussed out by a couple of jerks that had infiltrated the reserved section I was protecting just before Moto 2 on Sunday, that was me.  They were about 2 more "F-U's" away from me calling the sheriff and having them ejected from the track.  If I had known you were there, I would have waved.  On the way back to my car in the employee parking lot behind the camping section, I saw a couple of Stelvios and one very nice Griso but didn't talk to anyone about them.
'75 Ducati 860 GT  On the road
'76 Guzzi T3   Future project
'78 Guzzi G5  Current project
'81 Guzzi G5  Organ donor
'92 BMW K75RT  On the road
'16 Triumph Thruxton R  "Holy Moly"  Gone but not forgotten, sigh.

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken".......Oscar Wilde

Offline mtiberio

• Gaggle Hero
    • TiberioRacing
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2016, 04:00:42 PM »
to see a motogp bike accelerate out of a corner down a straight, it is like seeing the hand of god yank them.
Land Speed Records w/Guzzzi:
SCTA M-PG 1000 141.6 MPH
LTA M-PF 1000 137.3 MPH
ECTA M-PG 1000 118.6 MPH
http://gjm.site90.com/mtiberio

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2016, 04:18:31 PM »
and when they hit the brakes, the jolt looks like they ran into God's fist.
John L 

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2016, 04:42:34 PM »
Immediately after the accident, Pedrosa went over to Dovi (still down on the track) and spoke to him for a second or two, patted him on the back and seemed to make sure Dovi was okay before getting back on his bike though he had to pull out of the race a few laps later.  Pedrosa?? class guy!

What I saw on TV is that Pedrosa in turn 1 took an odd angle into the corner, causing Dovi to slam on his brakes, but Dovi still plowed his bike into Pedrosa on his left side and Pedrosa ended up buckled up in pain. Dovi ran to Pedrosa to see if he was OK.  At that point it looked like Dovi caused the accident on
TV but the truth was the opposite.  Both Dovi & Pedrosa were out of the race and after the race Pedrosa went to Dovi's pit and told him that Dani caused the accident.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here