Author Topic: Possibilities  (Read 27771 times)

Offline Crusty

• Gaggle Hero
  • You can't put a price on Worthlessness.
Re: Possibilities
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2015, 06:53:45 AM »
I'm sitting in a MacDonald's just north of Richmond, Virginia drinking my morning coffee. I'll be in Fayetteville this afternoon if I take my time. I didn't take any of the routes I was thinking of, though I did cover a lot of back roads in Massachusetts and New York. I slept in a truck rest area 'cause I couldn't find a campground and I slept well. The Tramp in me is back!
I'm lovin' it!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms, you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

'07 Norge

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2015, 06:57:07 AM »
I'm sitting in a MacDonald's just north of Richmond, Virginia drinking my morning coffee. I'll be in Fayetteville this afternoon if I take my time. I didn't take any of the routes I was thinking of, though I did cover a lot of back roads in Massachusetts and New York. I slept in a truck rest area 'cause I couldn't find a campground and I slept well. The Tramp in me is back!
I'm lovin' it!

Stay safe - but have adventures!

;-T
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2015, 05:35:58 PM »
... The Tramp in me is back!
I'm lovin' it!
Go, Mr.Crusty, go!!
Keep us informed, son!!!
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2015, 06:22:13 PM »
Stay safe - but have adventures!

;-T

Reminds me of the Gumball Rally scene where the woman in bed with Franco says

"Be Careful".   And Franco says

"I cannot do the job I must, AND-a be careful ..."

"Then be lucky!"

"Ahh, that's-a better!" 

So be lucky!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2015, 06:22:13 PM »

Offline tiger_one

• Learning about Guzzi
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • Push Mountain
    • justjean
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2015, 09:20:35 PM »
Finding a place to camp is not a small job even with a GPS and KOAs loaded for the states and Canada.  Trying to get away from the hustle and bustle is not easy now adays.  I found that out on my trip to Alaska and back.

It is amazing tho after a week or two, how you don't seem to need as much stuff as you thought before you left.  A rundown old RV, camping spot in the middle of nowhere when it is 38 degrees and raining turns out to be pretty dang good stop!  Even if you have to clean up your room and make your bed, throw out wet towels!  I slept very good.  Left the next morning in the rain, couple drinking coffee under the overhang covering the porch where I was readying my bike to leave, say, do you really have to leave in this?  I say, no I don't, but I am.  We all laughed before I cranked and left.

Good luck on your trip, and keep us posted of some of your travels!  I know how hard it is to be able to post on a site while traveling, no wifi, hungry, wet tired.  We understand!
14 KTM 1190 Adv

Offline Crusty

• Gaggle Hero
  • You can't put a price on Worthlessness.
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2015, 09:50:06 AM »
Ever hear of the Back of the Dragon? It's Virginia Route 16; a Scenic Byway. I discovered it by accident yesterday.

I left Steve and Grace's house yesterday morning to head toward Cincinnati. Of course, I planned to use only backroads, and I was enjoying the temps in the 80s and the smooth roads as I worked my way north and west. I had been following US route 52 when it merged with I-81 South. Somehow, I missed the exit where 52 broke off and continued North and west. A few miles later, I stopped in a rest area and looked at a large map of Virginia and discovered my mistake. I saw that if I continued a couple of miles further, I could take route 16 to Tazewell then take 460 to 52 and continue on my way. As I first turned on to 16, there was a sign saying Welcome to the Back of the Dragon. If you like twisty roads and magnificent scenic vistas, I strongly recommend riding it. The Tail of the Dragon is well known but I only saw three other motorcycles on 16, and maybe half a dozen cars in an hour and a half and it has close to 17 brazillion turns. I discovered it by accident, but it was true Serendipity.

My battery is getting pretty low, so I'll continue this later.
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms, you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

'07 Norge

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here