Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1027863 times)

Offline merlinj79

• New Egg
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #3330 on: December 12, 2021, 08:52:14 PM »
Hi All!

Rick in San Diego. Dirt bike and bimmer guy in my youth, took a break for a few years when things got busy with family. Bought a V7 iii stone last year right before the rona. New to Guzzi, the dealer is down the hill from me and it just caught my eye.

Wife, bike and I on our 20th anniversary (took a ride around Tahoe to celebrate in Incline Village).

remove duplicates online free

« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 08:53:19 PM by merlinj79 »

Offline Nomoduc

• New Egg
« Reply #3331 on: December 14, 2021, 11:44:10 AM »
Hello Guzzi  family!
My name is Lynn Baza
Aircraft technician ( mechanic)
I just moved to Houston Texas from CA. Now living up in Conroe.

I purchased my 83 SP in 2017 but have been riding on the road since 85 mostly sportbikes from a Ninja 900 up to my last one 00 RC51. Many more in between. In 95 was my first Italian steed a 916 where I began doing trackdays. Fun!!!   In 06 I started moving away spprtbikes to a 90 Hawk GT which I ride on street and cont.trackdays.
Looking to meet up with locals near me to show me the roads. Sorry fir the long intro. LoL
83 1000SP/ NT
Looking for more!!

Other rides
90 Hawk GT
91 race Hawk GT
91 TZ/WR426 track toy

Offline BMWMG

• New Egg
« Reply #3332 on: January 04, 2022, 01:18:55 PM »
David from the Northshore of Massachusetts right next to New Hampshire.

Owner of a 2018 Guzzi V7 III which I will be using as a trade-in for a 2021 V7 soon.

Employee, (Lab Tech) with the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs.

My other motorcycle is a BMW 2021 R9T.

Offline kidsmoke

• Gaggle Hero
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
« Reply #3333 on: January 04, 2022, 01:49:06 PM »
David from the Northshore of Massachusetts right next to New Hampshire.

Owner of a 2018 Guzzi V7 III which I will be using as a trade-in for a 2021 V7 soon.

Employee, (Lab Tech) with the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs.

My other motorcycle is a BMW 2021 R9T.

Welcome to the fray, David. I hail from Exeter. Although I now find myself woefully far from either ocean or mountain, in Indy. Lots of Guzzisti, however. And I do get back there several times a year.

Wonder how long it'll be before you're drawn into a R9T vs Griso debate.

Cheers!
'79 G5
'93 1000S
'00 Jackal
'09 GRiSO

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3333 on: January 04, 2022, 01:49:06 PM »

Offline BMWMG

• New Egg
« Reply #3334 on: January 04, 2022, 02:20:58 PM »
To me comparing a Guzzi to a BMW is like comparing an apple to an orange. I like both for different reasons.

Offline Royce

• New Egg
« Reply #3335 on: January 08, 2022, 11:38:09 AM »
Royce living in Colorado Springs, working with a group of talented network admins and getting ready for a change,  have completed 68 trips round the sun.
My last bike was a 83 Honda Silverwing, transverse mounted V twin.  I got off that bike over 20 years ago and pursued other interests.  For the last 3 years I have been looking at buying a bike for fun trips on twisty roads.  Have considered Harleys, and Indians, came close to buying a couple of times, but I cannot get that transverse mounted twin out of my mind.  And that leaves me back at looking at the Guzzi's.  I should add this is not the first time.  I have lusted after a Guzzi for decades and the time has come.  Would prefer one made prior to the advent of traction control.  Prefer to do my own maintenance, am here to learn and will be checking out the FAQ's.
Royce
K0RKK

Offline Willy Nilly

• New Egg
« Reply #3336 on: January 16, 2022, 01:58:45 PM »
Hi there! I’m Willy in the San Francisco Bay Area. I,m a retired industrial electrician. I just purchased used a 2016 VII special. The previous owner did quite a few mods some good,(suspension and Mistral exhaust),some not so good (butchered fenders, missing covers etc). I’m looking forward to working on this as a new project bike. I currently own a Suzuki 1200 Bandit and a BMW F800GT. The Guzzi will be used by my wife as well and she is pretty exited about it. This bike with the lower weight and horsepower should be a kick on the twisty roads around here. I’ll post more as things progress

Redrider

« Reply #3337 on: January 17, 2022, 06:11:20 PM »
Well, I am back after several years of not. Joe Dawes, Columbia SC, retired MSF, Def. Driving instructor and budding curmudgeon. Any one for steel cut oats?

Offline motorhead30510

• New Egg
« Reply #3338 on: January 18, 2022, 10:15:02 PM »
Greetings:

Pete, age 82, still enjoying ridng. 

Retired from the following: Public Health Administration, Chicken Processing, Trim Carpentry, Stained Glass Studio Operator, and Motorcycle Proficiency Instruction.  The perfect Jack of All Trades and loved them all.

Ladyfriend and I love to travel (previously on 2 wheels; now a CanAm), camp (Forest River Work and Play), and involve the grandkids when we can.
Residence is just south of Cleveland, GA, very very very close to some of the best roads in the world...but I'm always more interested in learning about yours.

Have owned an astonishing number of motorcycles over the years; happy the great majority of them are in someone else's garage.  The ones that won't leave mine are a Suzuki V-Strom and a RE 650 twin.  Lately I've grown curious about the V7 line of Guzzis, and will be lurking and learning here on this forum, open to new ideas and friends.

Offline PDQ911

• New Egg
« Reply #3339 on: January 18, 2022, 11:16:43 PM »
Many thanks for having me in the Wild... and hello from Sydney, Australia.

I still love my V7 50 Anniversario, but I find myself lusting after a Tenni Green Griso (got to be one of the most beautiful bikes I have ever seen), and more recently I've started looking longingly at California Touring's (1400).

I have been trying to find out detail on how the specifications of Cali's have changed year to year since 2013.  Also I quite like the Eldorado Bianco look, and am wondering what years EB was available.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ride safe, and thanks again

Bryan

Offline henwilv

• New Egg
« Reply #3340 on: January 20, 2022, 11:39:29 AM »
Timothy Parr
59 years old
Retired Air Traffic Controller
bought a Ural sidecar as a my first bike in 2018, Wanted to experience two wheels so I rebuilt a 1969 Moto Guzzi, Then got its grandson, a 2019 V7III for my son and daughter to ride with me.

testing adding photos

Currently for sale on Ebay Germany

https://www.ebay.de/itm/165216718925

Offline gbritton

• New Egg
« Reply #3341 on: January 25, 2022, 08:48:27 AM »
gbritton Adirondacks, NY  66 retired radio announcer, copy writer, program and production director including 2.5 years in Northern Italy for US ARMY early 80s.   Second career as Audio Visual tech and floor manager, some on the road at many destination locations all over the US.
2001 Calif special
1981 V1000G5
1979 CX100 Lemans
2013 Honda CB1100 (With a Hannigan fairing!)
1970 Triumph 500  (scrambler mode)
2021 Royal Alloy GT150 (the right price I could not resist  well done copy of Lambretta)
Have been to a few of the National Guzzi Rallies  Buena Vista, Va.  and if I remember right Saranac Lake, NY
Always look forward to Moto Guzzi and riders showing up for Americade in Lake George, NY.

Offline Rainrider

• New Egg
« Reply #3342 on: January 27, 2022, 02:53:13 PM »
Eric; 48; software tester; Portland, Oregon; year-round commuter; recovering ice hockey player.

Recently replaced my daily rider ('97 BMW R850R) with a slightly-used 2016 V7ii Stone. I also have a 1987 K75 which I've had for 13 years, and which I may just keep around indefinitely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been off this forum for a while. I get distracted easily. I guess I'm 53 now. Still testing software, but now I do it from the luxury of my home office, 200 miles south of Portland in the lower Umpqua watershed. Sold the V7ii, Sold the K75, selling my '07 F650GS, happily riding a 2020 V85TT. Still riding in the rain, when it rains. Still learning the good roads around here.

Offline philfingers

• New Egg
« Reply #3343 on: January 30, 2022, 06:43:51 PM »
Hi thanks for letting a mere human in 😊

Phil 49

Worcestershire, UK

Solid fuel industry, make car and motorcycle (specifically Ducati starter cables) parts

Stelvio NTX 09

Had a number of Ducati’s, Bimotas and an Aprilia over the years. That and bike engined cars.

Offline audiowize

• New Egg
« Reply #3344 on: February 01, 2022, 10:15:51 AM »
Hi, I'm Paul from Seattle.  I'm 38, work in the audio kit industry, and just picked up a very lightly used (970 miles) 2008 1200 Sport recently.  I also have a pile of Convert parts waiting to be assembled.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 10:52:10 AM by audiowize »

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #3345 on: February 01, 2022, 11:31:27 AM »
Welcome, you'll find it pleasant here, you may be treated decently. This V700 Steve from the other forum.
Tell the guys here what kit is fitted on your Sport12, the factory hot rod stuff!! Most here never seen it on a bike.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline audiowize

• New Egg
« Reply #3346 on: February 01, 2022, 02:33:53 PM »
Ha, man I hope so.  That other forum was not a particularly pleasant place!  (Lacking in southern hospitality you might say?)

A riding buddy of mine called me up out of the blue a few weeks ago and said his college buddy wanted to sell his Guzzi.  Apparently the two of them went to the dealership together, and major peer pressure was applied to grab this little 1200 Sport.  The dealership put on some kind of performance kit that came with a different ECU, an upgraded exhaust, and pod style intake filters. 

After a few rides, the owner had a heart attack and nearly died in the hospital, then found himself on blood thinners.  He had a low speed drop that crunched the crash bars and left a couple of small chips in the tank, then decided it just wasn't worth it to keep riding with the  risk of bleeding out from a minor injury.

...so the bike sat, and from what I can tell it probably sat without being ridden for the better part of a decade until I picked her up!

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #3347 on: February 01, 2022, 06:31:04 PM »
Sounds like you have a nice Sport.

Offline ctdrac

• New Egg
« Reply #3348 on: February 02, 2022, 09:47:41 PM »
Don E.
age 57
communications tech/grandpa/husband/handyman (this comes with being married for the past 35 years) and sometimes
motorcycle mechanic.
California, Arizona, now Texas panhandle
Rebuilt a few motorcycles, sold a few (many I wish I had not) and at the moment doing without any bikes in the garage.
Some may have read my post about my dad's Convert and that is what brought me here, and I think I am going to like it here!

1995 Triumph Daytona 900
2007 Honda VFR
1997 Honda VFR
Canam spyder roadster
Canam RT limited
Honda Shadow
Ducati
Honda Goldwing
A ton of dirt bikes
ALL gone
Coming very soon 1977 Guzzi 1000 Convert!!!!

Offline CoolBreezeBreva

• New Egg
« Reply #3349 on: February 05, 2022, 06:59:01 PM »
How Dee!

New to the Board here.

Tom's my name.
50 years young in Cincinnati, Ohio. Worked most of my life as a special education teacher but recently made the jump to working in social services. Current Guzzi is a red 07 Breva 1100---my dream bike!

Offline guzzistaNC

• New Egg
« Reply #3350 on: February 12, 2022, 10:47:02 AM »
Hello everyone!

SB here, 28, currently living in NC. Bought my first "big boy" in summer of 2020 (a 2013 V7) after riding my dad's bikes here and there but being too broke to get one of my own. I come from a long line of guzzisti: my dad's first bike was a '79 V35 mkII, he then bought a California 850. My (older) brother's first bike was a Griso, and he just bought a 1931 GTV 500!
'13 V7 Stone
'79 V35 MkII

Offline RDmally

• New Egg
« Reply #3351 on: February 12, 2022, 04:15:50 PM »
Hey folks,

Guzzi guy in Tennessee. Rmally..aka Randy.

Sold the Stornello last year but coming back for more, hopefully securing a V7 ll or lll soon.

Offline Road Rocket

• Hatchling
« Reply #3352 on: February 13, 2022, 04:12:14 PM »
I have been here before with the Rough Edges Racing name...Went on a deletion binge so got a new name but the same obnoxious personality
Rough Edge Racing with a new name but still the same pin head

Offline callouscrab

• New Egg
« Reply #3353 on: February 14, 2022, 06:45:55 PM »

Hello Everyone - Callous Crab from the San Francisco Bay Area checking in! The photo shows my MotoGuzzi - a 2021 V7 Stone in Azzurro Ghiaccio. I used to ride 100CC bikes in college and now 20 years later, the V7 seems like a fantastic upgrade.

I have been a lurker for a while, finally decided to register!

Offline Neutant

• New Egg
« Reply #3354 on: February 18, 2022, 06:08:57 PM »
Bob from Newton, New Jersey - USA.
I have 2 Harleys a 1983 Wideglide and a 2017 Roadglide (touring).
I watched the Moto Guzzi 100th anniversary video and remembered conversations with Guzzi owners over the years. I decided to check them out and found a 2018 V7II Carbon Shine. Some of the Pennsylvania guys might recognize it. I got to take it out for a short ride on a warm day last week, can't wait for warmer weather when i can wear lighter clothing.
I'm retiring in 2 weeks, been a factory mechanic for 45 years. Looking forward to enjoying my time, It's what I

've worked for.

Offline grasscutter

• New Egg
« Reply #3355 on: February 19, 2022, 08:28:00 PM »
Zac. Omaha, NE.  Self employed lawn & landscaper, 25+ yrs.
Started buying project motorcycles during winter off season.
Currently have around 80 in my collection. (25 years of winter off season will do that to you!)
Keep to the 15% or under rule for projects. Right now only 9 are in line for reconditioning.
The rest are properly stored- fresh fuel and battery would get them rolling again.

This is my 1st Guzzi.  Breva 750 bought cheap, PO couldn't get it started.

Been across country more times than I can remember, on all different sizes of bikes.
Heres a few highlights: SS 1000 and Iron Butt certificates on a GL500i (hondas 'poor mans' Guzzi), went camping 1100 mile RT on a Honda Cm250 Custom.  5 years ago did a 1400 mile "crap bike challenge" and rode from Omaha to Phoenix on a Honda Cb650 ($275 all in.  $175 for the bike + a few bucks for minor tuneup stuff).  Ran perfect the whole way down. Did full recondtioning of it in Phoenix at my brothers place, sold it for $1700, bought a Suzuki SV 650 and rode that back to Nebraska

Well, that's my introduction.

Offline Graywulf

• New Egg
« Reply #3356 on: February 23, 2022, 03:52:46 AM »
Hi everyone,
Returnee to the 'fold' after a 20yr lay off from owning a 'goose'. Previously owned a Spada and an early (carbed) Cali 1100. Own/owned a variety of Japanese cruisers, still have two big Yammies. But always missed my Cali, (which was PX'd as the then G/friend didn't like riding on it (seat/suspension too hard). I've got a great 2 up touring bagger, 1998 Royal Star Tour Classic, big soft and comfortable. But this new addition was for sale in a local shop, not cheap, but when I saw the advert? I went in on Monday morning and did the deed, they were a bit surprised I didn't even want to road test it, until I said I'd owned an 1100 Cali before.
        It's the 'perfect' touring bike for New Zealand roads, (We ain't called 'godzone' for nothing) we have so many roads that equal or downright 'outclass' the Dragon Tail. In 1000 miles you can through forest, to mountain, to savanna type plains, to rural twisty roads, coastal riding, round lakes, to fiords or beaches.
  I'm almost at retirement age, and I intend to do a good lot of riding. The Cali is going to be my 'solo' ride. She has a Canam Spyder RT 1330.
  Anyway, this is the beauty that caught my eye, and emptied my wallet  :tongue:

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #3357 on: February 24, 2022, 10:00:33 AM »
Wow, nice 80th model. Worth the $ for that leather.

Offline Goran

• New Egg
« Reply #3358 on: February 27, 2022, 03:13:25 AM »
Hello,

Goran from Croatia, 44 years old, Guzzi driver from 2004. Owner of a convert Le Mans 1000, completely rebuilt in 2012. Last year I've bought a Cali 3 1993 and currently working on it.
Hope to find new knowledge about Guzzi and to expand what I learn so far... Cheers

Offline Iron Cross Junction

• Gosling
« Reply #3359 on: February 27, 2022, 07:14:40 AM »
Hello,

Goran from Croatia, 44 years old, Guzzi driver from 2004. Owner of a convert Le Mans 1000, completely rebuilt in 2012. Last year I've bought a Cali 3 1993 and currently working on it.
Hope to find new knowledge about Guzzi and to expand what I learn so far... Cheers

Dobrodošao, Goran!

Bill
Bill Hagan

Proud Member of Moto Guzzi's Envy-of-the-Industry Post-Sale R&D Program!

1998 V11 EV [98 EV]
2004 V11 Ballabio, Sold; sigh
2007 Norge [NORJ], Sold; sigh
2010 Griso [GRISO]
2016 Stornello [BEATA]
2017 V7 III [RADOŚĆ]

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here