Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1027720 times)

cyclone ranger

FNG thought I'd say hello
« Reply #600 on: February 06, 2011, 02:39:46 PM »
    Thinking hard about buying a California Vintage. I'm selling my Suzuki C90T on ebay and have decided I want something lighter for my wife and I to travel together on. The C90T has been a great traveling companion, but the older I get the more I think something a little lighter would be better. I'm keeping my 06 Z1000 Kawasaki for those moments when you truly feel the need for speed and my wifes 09 Bonneville for her and (me!) because it is so much fun to ride. Anyway may be asking some questions and will do a search first before I ask the same old questions everyone has already asked, but the only stupid questions are the ones nobody asked right? Thanks

cyclone ranger

Forgot the Basics! Screwing up Already!
« Reply #601 on: February 06, 2011, 02:42:40 PM »
Justin Anderson

56 yrs and holding

Bull Shoals Arkansas

Logistics Coordinator (Offshore in the Gulf of Mexico)

Offline IceBlue

• Gaggle Hero
  • Where words fail, music speaks. H. C. Andersen
    • Moto Guzzi Lario Fan Site
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #602 on: February 07, 2011, 12:54:02 AM »
Welcome ;-T
What model (water) goose/geese do you ride  ;D ;)

Ciao
Copenhagen Denmark - http://www.facebook.com/motoguzzilario

750 Targa - long legged younger sister of the Lario
V65 Lario - Short legged total brat
V65 Lario - Silver Streak
V35C - Smallest Guzzi cruiser
V75C - (project)
V75/4 - (project)

Boabiegringo

« Reply #603 on: February 07, 2011, 04:41:22 AM »
Howaya lads n lassies, have been living in the West of Ireland for the last 13 yrs(Co. Mayo). Before that i'm from the West end of Glasgow, Scotland. Do a wee bit of farming & work for an Irish company called Carraig Donn. Ireland is a great country & the people here are the best in the world! A lot of emm saying it politely-unusual characters, especially in the wilds of the West. Which is good.
 I have a 07' B750 which is very addictive & is perfect for the winding wee roads here. No motorways etc close by. Aged 39 & as daft as a brush.
That's me folks. Anybody from the Wesssht or Glesgae or anywhere else for that matter feel free to add me or PM me.
Cheers Mick

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #603 on: February 07, 2011, 04:41:22 AM »

Offline Sack

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #604 on: February 09, 2011, 07:24:12 PM »
Hi Mick,

I developed a vision in my mind of the place you live in from your brief description. Sounds wonderful! Welcome!

-Rick
'08 Norge and (mint) 1984 Honda VF700F Interceptor

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #605 on: April 07, 2011, 06:36:11 PM »
          *Bump*

Lets hear it from those new members. ;-T

Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

davidaus

« Reply #606 on: April 07, 2011, 09:19:47 PM »
australian guitarist.trumpeter .uke player.moto guzzi rider,collingwood football club fan,barrister, australian.citizen of the world.
norge 06 and cali03
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 09:30:35 PM by davidaus »

Carl Allison

« Reply #607 on: April 07, 2011, 09:48:56 PM »
Howaya lads n lassies, have been living in the West of Ireland for the last 13 yrs(Co. Mayo). Before that i'm from the West end of Glasgow, Scotland. Do a wee bit of farming & work for an Irish company called Carraig Donn. Ireland is a great country & the people here are the best in the world! A lot of emm saying it politely-unusual characters, especially in the wilds of the West. Which is good.
 I have a 07' B750 which is very addictive & is perfect for the winding wee roads here. No motorways etc close by. Aged 39 & as daft as a brush.
That's me folks. Anybody from the Wesssht or Glesgae or anywhere else for that matter feel free to add me or PM me.
Cheers Mick

I only spent 5 days in your lovely country but I am particularly enamored of the intensely green countryside around Waterford. If I were to abandon the USA, that would be in the top 5 of my places to relocate to list.

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #608 on: April 07, 2011, 11:21:43 PM »
Cheers Mick

Love that Baby B! ;-T Welcome to the assylum. ;D
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

nilknarf

« Reply #609 on: April 08, 2011, 07:31:12 AM »
 **C Not that new, but I'll introduce myself. Age 62 and trying to hold. Spent 6yrs. in the Marines and 16 in the Navy. Currently working as an Avionics Inspector for CSC Allied Technologies. Live pretty much square in the middle of very flat western Okla., where the wind really does come "sweeping down the plain". Have a 2009 V7C (Black) which I am coming to absolutely adore. Should anyone blow by this way give a holler.

**CDave ;-T

clutchman01

« Reply #610 on: April 10, 2011, 09:16:29 AM »
Hello all, I have just gotten my first Guzzi about 4 months ago, a '77 850 T3.  I have completely stripped it to the to the frame, as all the wiring was becoming brittle.  I have removed the heads and all appears well in the cylinders.  The bike came to me in reasonable shape with most everything in place, not running though due to a bad starter.  I have been studying this forum and reading every piece of literature that I can get my hands on.  I will post some pics of my progress.  Now a little about me,  I was the clutchman and chief fabricator on Clay Millican's top fuel team, and in my tenure we won 6 World Championships , so I believe I can handle the mechanicals and any fab that may have to be done, but I may need to pick you alls obviously more experienced Guzii thinking brains.  I am really excited about this project, and am looking for a direction for the finished bike. I have considered putting a later model Cal fuel tank and fenders on, as according to the frame blueprints that I have, this should be almost a bolt on affair, maybe a tab here or there.  My question is would this be heracy?  I really like the teardrop tanks on the later models, the engine and drivetrain would remain the same obviously.  Any and all help, responses, and random cussings, would be appreciated.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #611 on: April 10, 2011, 12:15:54 PM »
Keep the oem stuff for retro fitment if you change you mind later on.  Not heresay.  Your ride.  Your funds.  You could trade with someone.  ;-T

Welcome to the forum and go luck with the restore/build.  Please show some pix before and after.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Bark

« Reply #613 on: May 08, 2011, 07:33:19 PM »
Hi. I'm Mark in rural Idaho (ID13).  I have an old Mutt Guzzi that I need to go through one of these days and it seems like this is a great place to be when I am not in the garage.  So I'll be around.  But I just wanted to start by saying hi.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #614 on: May 08, 2011, 07:40:22 PM »
Welcome, Bark..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

davidaus

« Reply #615 on: May 09, 2011, 01:12:13 AM »
anyone  traveling to Australia  we have a couple of guzzis in the shed and would love to show off this beautiful area  called gippsland  .email me at  ewart55(with the symbol)(hot,mail.com

cheers
  dave

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #616 on: May 09, 2011, 01:41:27 AM »
39-yrs.

no wife.

no kids.

no debt.

not gainfully employed.  I ride motorcycles.

8)

Ha!  Those were good times!   :BEER:

Update:

Michael T.
44 years old.
Transportation Coordinator for a Third Party Logistics Company.
Currently inactive Real Estate Agent & full-fledged Guzziholic.
Living in The Hills of Northwest Arkansas for the past fifteen years.

Enjoys challenging Spine Frame prejudices wherever they may be found, by setting 2-up/trailering records each time we drag out the most unlikely of tugs:

~;
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

crosspug

« Reply #617 on: May 09, 2011, 03:06:00 AM »
Hi All,

Jono from Sydney Australia. 29yrs and dare I say a Risk Manager. More importantly I'm just about to take ownership of a V65sp from 1983 and to say I'm chuffed with it is a bit of an understatement compared to my old 1981 SR250 thumper... ;-T

Have a facination with Moto Guzzi thanks to my father in law who owns a Cali III

Jono

crosspug

« Reply #618 on: May 09, 2011, 05:45:42 AM »
Thanks Muschi, the previous owner added to the bike with flat bars, bar end mirrors, pods and a nice set of conti pipes. Certainly adds to the "character" of the bike!

I'll look into the lower steering head, is there a specific issue with them failing?

Thanks!

Carl Allison

« Reply #619 on: May 09, 2011, 06:36:00 AM »
Thanks Muschi, the previous owner added to the bike with flat bars, bar end mirrors, pods and a nice set of conti pipes. Certainly adds to the "character" of the bike!

I'll look into the lower steering head, is there a specific issue with them failing?

Thanks!

Smallblock Steering Head Tapered Roller Bearing Conversion Adapters    

Tony in Oz

« Reply #620 on: May 09, 2011, 07:08:18 PM »
Hi All,

Jono from Sydney Australia. 29yrs and dare I say a Risk Manager. More importantly I'm just about to take ownership of a V65sp from 1983 and to say I'm chuffed with it is a bit of an understatement compared to my old 1981 SR250 thumper... ;-T

Have a facination with Moto Guzzi thanks to my father in law who owns a Cali III

Jono

Hi Jono

Welcome!  Am I right in thinking you bought the red V65 from Motociclo?  If so, I was looking at it on the weekend (my V50 was in for some suspension renewal work).  It looked good!

Cheers

Tony

crosspug

« Reply #621 on: May 10, 2011, 05:49:18 AM »
Hi Jono

Welcome!  Am I right in thinking you bought the red V65 from Motociclo?  If so, I was looking at it on the weekend (my V50 was in for some suspension renewal work).  It looked good!

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony,

That's the one. A couple of little things I will look at (purely cosmetic) but overall a very nice bike. I'm lucky that my FIL had asked John to look for a nice LAMS guzzi for me. As soon a I knew of it I was there to see it then test ride.

The blue v50? Very nice, my wife and I both liked it alot as we had a look around the various bikes sitting around the shop.

Jono

Tony in Oz

« Reply #622 on: May 10, 2011, 05:30:47 PM »
Hi Tony,

That's the one. A couple of little things I will look at (purely cosmetic) but overall a very nice bike. I'm lucky that my FIL had asked John to look for a nice LAMS guzzi for me. As soon a I knew of it I was there to see it then test ride.

The blue v50? Very nice, my wife and I both liked it alot as we had a look around the various bikes sitting around the shop.

Jono

Yes, mine is the blue V50 - thanks for the kind comments.  I love it dearly.  And congrats on the new bike, I'm sure you'll love it too.  Did John tell you that the POs of your bike and mine were friends, and so our bikes were regular riding partners?  He was telling me that it was nice that they were getting together for one last time to say goodbye to each other  8).  Perhaps it doesn't need to be so? 

Cheers

Tony

Dr Evil

« Reply #623 on: May 16, 2011, 08:20:56 PM »
Mike
Resident physician, ex-Coasty
Washington, PA (near Pittsburgh)

From San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco bay area, last lived in Hershey, PA

Other interests: Guitars, 914 Porsches, etc

Own:
74 BMW R90/6
68 Honda 305 Dream
76 Moto Guzzi T3

Previously owned:
76 BMW R75/6
82 Honda Magna 750
94 Honda Magna 750
87 BMW K75
96 BMW K1100RS
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 05:25:05 PM by Dr Evil »

Offline wyno

• Gosling
« Reply #624 on: May 24, 2011, 08:02:49 AM »
Hi all.
Michael Wynd A.K.A. Wyno
Canberra Australia
I think I'm the only one who WORKS (not resides) in a psychiatric ward.
2011 750 Breva
Hobbies;- Large format photography using an 8x10 camera, reading, table teniis, tennis, and riding.
I had a long layoff between bikes. My previous bike was a 1973 Honda 350 Four that I bought in 1974 and trashed in 1975. I bought the Breva in April this year on my partner's advice that it would be easier to get around Canberra (new to me) than driving a car. So the car will be sold next month hopefully. Rode to work the other day in minus 7 degrees celcius and decided that I need a new jacket. And Jenni thought I was only gonna ride in good weather!
It's nice to be here.
Mike
Wyno

Roadmistress

« Reply #625 on: May 24, 2011, 02:43:35 PM »
Hmmm...I don't think I ever did this!

Amy
Auto Industry
The V7 is my first Guzzi.  Sure has been an adventure so far after Yamaha and H-D.

My interests:
Cars
Motorcycles
rescuing Bully breed dogs.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #626 on: May 24, 2011, 04:11:12 PM »
You ever bump into Ed Milich?  He's at Toyota and lives in Torrance. He and Todd run Guzzitech.com.   Goose did short time there too.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Enrico

« Reply #627 on: May 28, 2011, 05:03:55 AM »
Hello every1,

my name is Enrico Pajola,

i live in Rome, Italy(bananaland)

i work as airplane tecnician

i own a Cali3 89' and im litterally in love with:D
(ill post some pics as soon as the beast gets out of the garage)

Cu around!!!

Offline Avvocato

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #628 on: May 28, 2011, 06:04:31 AM »
Benvenuto, Enrico
2014 Cali 1400 Touring
1973 Eldorado

jharback

« Reply #629 on: August 27, 2011, 02:56:59 AM »
Jim Harback
Piove di Sacco, Italy
Retired Military
Been ridin' for 45 years.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here