Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1027761 times)

Smoke

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #630 on: August 27, 2011, 01:47:11 PM »
Ken Johnson
Twice married(both failed the warranties), 3 great kids
Just about to move back to Huddersfield, Yorkshire, UK
Ride a Breva 1200
Also like soccer,baseball,history,cask conditioned beer, camping and France which is where I'm taking the Guzzi next month,
And is also where I'll be retiring as soon as finances permit

Offline Semper-guzzi

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #631 on: August 27, 2011, 02:21:02 PM »
Names Kevin

Active duty Marine stationed in Chicago for now. Got into riding from my friends dirtbikes and gsxr 750. My first bike is my current, 2003 Cali aluminum. Hepco Becker 40l bags and a small windshield (came on it when I got it)

Semper Fi!
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

2003 California Aluminum RiP :(
2001 Jackal :)

backnblack

« Reply #632 on: August 27, 2011, 08:02:04 PM »
Hi, Bill Colgan here.
53 years old, I live in Fort Worth, tx, dispatch airplanes for American Airlines.
Married 17yrs, one son who just turned 16.
hobbies guitar, sailing, bicycles (have a Volae recumbent) photography.
Just got my first Guzzi, a 2011 Norge. Man what a ride!! It's my 5th bike, and maybe my last.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 08:04:37 PM by backnblack »

Offline saguaro_squeezer

• New Egg
  • Lead, follow or get out of the way!
« Reply #633 on: August 27, 2011, 08:42:55 PM »
Hi Rod Wagoner.  57 yrs, sunny Tucson, AZ.  Project Manager for Siemens.
With my only wife 33 yrs now.
Band director in my first life, so music is a main hobby (Tuba, String Bass, Concertina, Harp).  Also flying and now motorcycling.
Have had a number of different brands from BMW to Harley to Ural to Royal Enfield.  Always wanted a Guzzi but never found the right one ... until now, I think.  A 2003 Stone Touring.
Rod Wagoner
Tucson, AZ

'03 Stone (Hydro) Touring / Sputnik Sidecar - Paola
MGNOC #22081

"How great life is if you just accept the small gifts and don't waste time on wishes." - Clinton "Bubba" Hare, Airheads Beemer Club

"OOP-ACK-THHPT!" - Bill the Cat

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #633 on: August 27, 2011, 08:42:55 PM »

Low Down

« Reply #634 on: August 28, 2011, 12:05:55 PM »
How about that... two members from the Old Pueblo - posting back to back!  :P

My name is Paul, most people call me 'Pauly'.
I'm 35 years old, and I'm a native Tucsonan.
I am a Trainman for the Union Pacific Railroad.
I have a lot of interests, but the one that usually gets fed the most is riding my motorcycles.   ;-T

Currently I have a 1998 V11 EV and a 2009 Triumph Speed Triple.  I need to figure out a way to improve the ergonomics on the EV... I won't go into all that here, but that's the reason I joined up.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 07:56:38 PM by Low Down »

INSPECTOR

« Reply #635 on: August 28, 2011, 07:51:50 PM »
Wanted to say hi. i am a motorcycle freak! currently have a vrod, fatboy and a buell. i am a fan of the guzzi. joined up so i could learn more about them.

Offline custimguitarman

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #636 on: August 28, 2011, 08:22:25 PM »
Not sure if this is an update or a first time post for me on this thread but...............

Mike Stephens

Professional mechanic for Toyota industrial

Bought first Guzzi ( a T3 ) last year, restored it and then bought a Quota

That's me at Virginia this year consuming too much beer ( as usual) and handing out free advice that I have no business handing out because I know nothing............ ...let's remember that!

Disclaimer: never listen to a word I say!
" the hell they don't, what they really mean is they want MORE money, MUCH more" - William S. Burroughs

MGNOC # 22030
2000 Quota
1976 LAPD (gone)
1992 DR350
1995 WR250
1975 850T

ASC certs
Toyota certified Platinum tech.
Mech. Eng.
Business
ETC......

Offline saguaro_squeezer

• New Egg
  • Lead, follow or get out of the way!
« Reply #637 on: August 28, 2011, 09:43:07 PM »
Cool, Paul.  We'll have to hook up.  My good friend John (also in Tucson)  has an 84 Cal II and has been after me to get a Guzzi for a long time.  I think there are quite a few Guzzis in town but they stay under the radar.
Rod Wagoner
Tucson, AZ

'03 Stone (Hydro) Touring / Sputnik Sidecar - Paola
MGNOC #22081

"How great life is if you just accept the small gifts and don't waste time on wishes." - Clinton "Bubba" Hare, Airheads Beemer Club

"OOP-ACK-THHPT!" - Bill the Cat

dgrothe

« Reply #638 on: August 29, 2011, 08:37:42 PM »
David Grothe
age 50
Oklahoma City
Work as a computer system architect, play a bass trombone (not very good  ;D )  1 wife of 22 years and counting, 2 kids and a dog.    Grew up on dirt bikes but quit all riding about 15 years ago.   Just out of the blue got interested this summer and went and got a 2011 Norge GT8V.  Love the bike!    I do tend to seek out the unique,  my first car was a rotary engine Mazda and second was an Alfa Alfetta GT and currently drive a diesel VW so the Guzzi is just perfect for me.   

(Ok, can someone add  Guzzi and Norge to the dictionary please  :)  )

David

nilknarf

« Reply #639 on: August 30, 2011, 07:09:41 AM »
David Grothe
age 50
Oklahoma City
Work as a computer system architect, play a bass trombone (not very good  ;D )  1 wife of 22 years and counting, 2 kids and a dog.    Grew up on dirt bikes but quit all riding about 15 years ago.   Just out of the blue got interested this summer and went and got a 2011 Norge GT8V.  Love the bike!    I do tend to seek out the unique,  my first car was a rotary engine Mazda and second was an Alfa Alfetta GT and currently drive a diesel VW so the Guzzi is just perfect for me.   

(Ok, can someone add  Guzzi and Norge to the dictionary please  :)  )

David

**C David, welcome to the small but friendly Oklahoma Guzzi bunch. I'm sure Michael Dethrow will be getting in touch, he's the local MGNOC rep. We usually have a lunch ride once a month at various locations. Looking forward to seeing you at one of these. Ride safe.

**C Dave  ;-T

Offline blackbuell

• Gaggle Hero
  • Waitin' on the ghost of Tom Joad
« Reply #640 on: August 31, 2011, 03:50:15 PM »
Mark,

Keep us posted on Otto's progress.

Jon
Bikes: 2007 Norge, YAM RD250, 2017 Indian Scout. 2021 V7 850 Special

I've been from Tucson to Tucumcari, Tehachapi to Tonopah

Offline vibr8r

• New Egg
« Reply #641 on: October 03, 2011, 08:41:31 PM »
Foster Campbell aka vibr8r

Marietta, Georgia

I retired in 2011 after 30 years as a letter carrier.  I've been lurking here a few days and found this thread.  I recently bought a 2004 California EV 1100 Touring in burgundy and black, bone stock except a Stucci crossover.  I'm the lucky one with two dealers within 60 miles of the house.  I've already met guzzisteve, who gave me some pointers and told me "just ride it".  I hope to meet the rest of the local community soon.

Seeya,
Foster      

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:16:48 PM by vibr8r »

Offline Roach Carver

• New Egg
« Reply #642 on: October 03, 2011, 09:54:40 PM »
Brad Green

Fayetteville Arkansas

1 wife, 1 daughter, 3 dogs, and the wife has two cats.

Just got a 71 ambasador

Roderick

« Reply #643 on: October 03, 2011, 11:06:33 PM »
Hi,

- Roddy Malcolm
- Age 56
- Located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and Keremeos, British Columbia, Canada
- Chartered Surveyor (professional appraiser)
- Licensed motorcycle rider for 34 years
- Just bought my first Guzzi, a 2007 Breva 1100
- Bikes over the past 15 years include: Triumph Bonneville, Triumph America, Triumph Tiger, V-Strom 996, Honda VFR.
- I hope to hook-up with Guzzista in Alberta & British Columbia.

nilknarf

« Reply #644 on: October 04, 2011, 07:23:47 AM »
 **C Roddy- Welcome to the group, and to the Guzzista clan in general. I'm sure you will find many friends here as well as a wealth of information. We sometime discuss (argue) over various things and express our varying views, but overall we are a bunch who share a common thread and that is a passion for the marque. Again welcome.

**C Dave  ;-T

-alan-

« Reply #645 on: January 09, 2012, 04:14:09 AM »
Hello everybody.

I'm Alan. I live in Dublin, Ireland and am part way through recommissioning/rebuilding my old V50Mk2. Part way through the rebuild I decided to go for the full cafe look. Currently struggling with the 'where do i put the battery' question to get that clean mid section the bike needs - hence how I found WildGuzzi. Impressive site.

Long time biker - first bike was an air-cooled RD250 to give you an idea of how long in the tooth I am. After that, ever onwards and upwards until I ended up in a big V-twin phase (couple of Ducatis an Ironhead Sportster) and ended up with the little Guzzi which has been languishing in my garage for the last 15 years unloved. Hope with a bit of motivation and inspiration from here that I'll manage to get her back bend-swinging on the roads round here for the Summer.  :)

A

Offline kballowe

• - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #646 on: January 09, 2012, 07:00:16 AM »
I'm Kevin and I live in a rural area of East Central Missouri.

Farm raised with nine siblings.

Ran off and joined the U.S. Marines at a young age - and later joined the U.S. Navy.

Married with three children.

Bought the first Guzzi in 1977 while living in Southern Spain.  #2 in 2004.....  #3 just a week ago.

We've managed to make 30,000+ motorcycle miles each year for the past ten years or so.  Before that - it was a stretch to get to 15,000.
Owned more that 50 bikes of all makes and manufacturers over the years.  Never met a motorcycle that I didn't like.

The Missus is my co-pilot.  She makes a fine navigator. 

Offline onerne

• New Egg
« Reply #647 on: January 09, 2012, 03:19:15 PM »
Robert Eberly
age 62
married 26 years
one son

biological systems engineer first career      past 12 years-baker
first guzzi 79sp ready for mechanical resto

others,2008 1200 sport and honda ct90
Robert Eberly
Mt. Crawford, Va.
79 sp
08 1200 sport
72 trail 90

Chas H

« Reply #648 on: January 09, 2012, 03:48:34 PM »
Chas H

retired owner of repair and manufacturing business which started as a race car prepare and build shop.
reside in Bucks County, PA

Recently bought my first Guzzi, a V50II, to restore.
Last bike was a Suzuki X6 Hustler, sold in '75.

Offline greyghost

• New Egg
« Reply #649 on: January 09, 2012, 09:33:29 PM »
Greetings, cult members.
Updated!
Ken Hudson
Lighting Director for a famous old radio show
Nashville, TN
V7 ll Stone (for sale) and a new V9 Roamer
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 08:20:32 PM by greyghost »
California 1400 Touring
Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Lunar

« Reply #650 on: January 09, 2012, 11:48:07 PM »
Nicely timed thread.  I just joined two days ago.
Keith
Also live on the navel of the Earth.
1 wife of 20 years
4 kids
1 dog
2 fish
Started riding again last year after 19 year hiatus.
Currently have:
1992 Yamaha Seca (daily rider)
1986 Suzuki Savage (made into bobber, shares daily rider duties)
1963 Lambretta Li 125 Series 3 (actually a gift to my wife, box of parts awaiting attention)
2007 Guzzi 750 Breva.
Obviously it is the later that brought me here looking for info.  I'm in need of an engine for the Breva, literally, there is nothing forward of the trany.  Other than that the bike is in great shape.  I had to save it from a date with the junk man.  Any info would be great.

manxkipper

« Reply #651 on: January 10, 2012, 03:57:07 AM »
Dominic
Attorney
Cape Town, ZA

1969 Norton 650 Mercury
1980 MG LM2
2008 Aprilia Tuono

One kid one wife - enough said.

Offline Gooze

• New Egg
« Reply #652 on: January 10, 2012, 05:56:02 AM »
Here it goes...

Born and raised in Finland (real first name Tero), however,  the last 12 years lived in the states and ongoing.

I guess I'm still relatively "new to guzzies" given it's been a total of 5 of them by now, I didn't really start extensively riding until we got relocated to US (I'm in electrical engineering, was an internal transfer with the same company).

Family situation is married (feels like forever) and with two teenagers whom most of the time seem more matured than their father, hmm.....  and a german shepherd.

There's something about Guzzies, and especially something about the Jackal, one of these days I can put my finger on it what it is...  For reasons I don't anymore understand I got away from the Guzzi forums, MGNOC, etc, about 3 years ago, I did my Guzzi thing on my own but "isolated", now just recently rejoined, well, our family had lots of stuff going on I guess.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:04:59 AM by Gooze853 »
'07 Guzzi V11 CalVin w/ Tomahawk SE Sidecar
'04 Guzzi V11 Le Mans (Red)
'01 Guzzi V11 Sport Greenie
'99 Guzzi V11 Bassa w/ Tomahawk SE Sidecar
'72 Guzzi LAPD Ambassador Authentic Police Bike

MGNOC L-853

BigRooster

« Reply #653 on: January 12, 2012, 02:00:02 PM »
Hello all,  :BEER:

Nick
Pittsburgh, PA
Married
2yr old son
Commodity Manager

Recommended to the forum by fellow Sportster forum buddy, "Bone"....er I mean "Kev M"  (at least I think that's him).

A bit of a lurker until I can hopefully join the Guzzi family pending  purchase of a low mileage 07 Griso I found in Ohio.  Hopefully it will fall into my tight price budget (very close as advertised) AND pass my, admittedly, ill-informed, inspection process.   Dealer has it advertised but knows nothing about it and I can’t go see it until it returns from a local Guzzi dealer for what was referred to as “a problem with the idle timing.”  a least that’s what I was told by a salesperson not entirely invested in speaking with me.  I don’t know if that is a huge red flag or not.  :-\ Perfectly nice guy but I was completely driving the conversation and he knew little about the bike.

Reading all I find about the Griso here and elsewhere but I’ll accept any guidance on anything, specific to the Griso or MG, that I should review with the dealer or inspect.

Offline Thunderbox

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #654 on: January 17, 2012, 02:51:37 PM »
Jim Harback
Piove di Sacco, Italy
Retired Military
Been ridin' for 45 years.

Are you the Jim Harback who was stationed in Germany in the eighties?  Red haired Jim Harback?  Canadian Forces Jim Harback
Relatively few riders are lucky enough to discover that there is a lot more to a lifetime of motorcycling enjoyment than just going fast. Those who do... become "motorcyclists".  The rest just happen to be riding a motorcycle.

Offline flemsmith

• New Egg
« Reply #655 on: January 18, 2012, 03:22:04 AM »
Roy Smith
Retired
Apache Junction & Strawberry, Az
78 T3 Project
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Wife rides too, so
Two 2005 BMW R1200GS's
2003 Suzuki DL650
2003 BMW F650GS

Offline ChuckH

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #656 on: January 18, 2012, 05:41:04 AM »
Good Morning, I'm Chuck Hoefflin, a long-retired Mechanical Engineer.  I spent most of my life in the diesel and gaseous fuel engine industries for a couple of the major companies.  My wife and I retired to a location a bit south of Indianapolis so I'm in the Great Middle but close to a lot of good riding.

My current ride is an '09 Wee-Strom, set-up for long distance touring and camping trips.  I expecting/hoping to replace it with a '12 Stelvio later this year (Oct/Nov time frame) and use next winter to get it ready for the '13 riding season.

I sent my MGNOC application form in yesterday, so I guess that makes me an "Official Member".  My riding calendar for this year has several of the rallies listed and I'm looking forward to meeting many of you.

Ride safe.

Essential to the pursuit of happiness is knowing when you've caught it.
Life's what happens while you're making other plans.
I always knew I'd get old.  How fast it happened was a bit of a surprise, though.

'08 Chevy Corvette (non-Stealth, Bright Red)

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #657 on: January 18, 2012, 09:12:40 AM »
Good Morning, I'm Chuck Hoefflin, a long-retired Mechanical Engineer.  I spent most of my life in the diesel and gaseous fuel engine industries for a couple of the major companies.  My wife and I retired to a location a bit south of Indianapolis so I'm in the Great Middle but close to a lot of good riding.

My current ride is an '09 Wee-Strom, set-up for long distance touring and camping trips.  I expecting/hoping to replace it with a '12 Stelvio later this year (Oct/Nov time frame) and use next winter to get it ready for the '13 riding season.

I sent my MGNOC application form in yesterday, so I guess that makes me an "Official Member".  My riding calendar for this year has several of the rallies listed and I'm looking forward to meeting many of you.

Ride safe.

First Sunday of every month, Danville In, Mayberry Cafe, right on the courthouse square, 1PM. Unless nobody shows up.. ;D
Good to see another Indiana poster.. handyandy don't count.. ;) :BEER:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline ChuckH

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #658 on: January 18, 2012, 12:38:27 PM »
First Sunday of every month, Danville In, Mayberry Cafe, right on the courthouse square, 1PM. Unless nobody shows up.. ;

Good to know Chuck.  Thanks for the info.  I'll try and make them if I'm in town.
Essential to the pursuit of happiness is knowing when you've caught it.
Life's what happens while you're making other plans.
I always knew I'd get old.  How fast it happened was a bit of a surprise, though.

'08 Chevy Corvette (non-Stealth, Bright Red)

Offline davevv

• Gosling
« Reply #659 on: January 18, 2012, 01:08:00 PM »
David Van Vooren

Retired from 30+ years of repairing electronic test equipment, a trade learned in the Air Force back in the '60s.
I now run a small quilting business to keep me out of trouble and fund my motorcycle vice.

I've been riding with a license since January of 1961.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:50:56 PM by davevv »
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."--Wyatt Earp
'94 BMW R1100RS, '20 BMW G310GS, 22 BMW F750GS

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here