Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1027814 times)

Offline IceBlue

• Gaggle Hero
  • Where words fail, music speaks. H. C. Andersen
    • Moto Guzzi Lario Fan Site
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #720 on: January 04, 2013, 01:08:46 AM »
Hello,

I live in the north of France. I ride guzzi since 1993. My first one was a 1000CaliforniaIII carbs, after a V65 with agostini fairing, a V75 Targa, A cafe racer V75 4V, parts to rebuild a v65gt but i will make a scrambler with them, and finaly last month a V7 classic.
I am a member of the french motoclub "la scuderia guzzi". Finally i am the owner of http://smalltwins.pagesperso-orange.fr/

regards

Hello!!!
Another SB guy ;-T

Welcome, I'm very familiar with your internet site ;-T ;-T

Ciao
Brian
Copenhagen Denmark - http://www.facebook.com/motoguzzilario

750 Targa - long legged younger sister of the Lario
V65 Lario - Short legged total brat
V65 Lario - Silver Streak
V35C - Smallest Guzzi cruiser
V75C - (project)
V75/4 - (project)

Gregory

« Reply #721 on: January 04, 2013, 06:01:04 AM »
Greg,
65 going on 17,
Married,
no kids, except for me,
Mississauga,Ontario,Canada,North America,Planet Earth,somewhere in the Milky Way.
Retired, thank God,
Former Air Canada pilot, that was fun,

Like to fish, enjoy the cottage, fix things,cook the fish, shoot skeet, ride the Norge
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 06:43:41 AM by Gregory »

heartRobotic

« Reply #722 on: January 13, 2013, 10:51:08 PM »
This saturday, i purchased my third bike and it is my first Moto Guzzi.  Having put about 30 miles on the 2007 Breva 750, I'm pretty in love.  Completely different than my '87 BMW R65 and the 97 Bandit 600 (different in a way that i think i'll be selling those shortly).  I currently live in Mountain View, CA (home of google) and work just up the road developing systems for Stanford University.
If anyone has any advice on my little Breva, I'd love to hear it (like how you check the oil without a center stand?!).  Expect to hear a lot of me in the forums.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #723 on: January 14, 2013, 07:16:43 AM »
This saturday, i purchased my third bike and it is my first Moto Guzzi.  Having put about 30 miles on the 2007 Breva 750, I'm pretty in love.  Completely different than my '87 BMW R65 and the 97 Bandit 600 (different in a way that i think i'll be selling those shortly).  I currently live in Mountain View, CA (home of google) and work just up the road developing systems for Stanford University.
If anyone has any advice on my little Breva, I'd love to hear it (like how you check the oil without a center stand?!).  Expect to hear a lot of me in the forums.

Welcome to WG, and Guzzi in general. Not everyone "gets" it.  ;D What I would do is on the next oil/filter change, is put in exactly how much it needs, start it and let it run for a few seconds, then mark the dipstick. That would be my new full mark.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #723 on: January 14, 2013, 07:16:43 AM »

pcoumbe

« Reply #724 on: January 14, 2013, 08:17:56 AM »
Peter Coumbe
53 year old Australian
Married with 2 kids
Plant Manager for a contract mining company in Zambia
Home is Legazpi City, Philippines
Hobbies are motorcycles and sport fishing

Offline tonUPRacer

• Gaggle Mentor
    • My Racer FB page
« Reply #725 on: January 14, 2013, 09:09:05 AM »
Andy Maracini
Married w/ 1 yr old baby!
GIS Tech in Local Govt.
Appleton, WI
2013 V7 Racer #393
2001 Ducati 900SS (sold)
1999 Ducati 900M (sold)
1979 HD XLS Sportster (sold)

flatop

« Reply #726 on: January 19, 2013, 06:52:34 PM »
Al Eng

55 Yrs Old
Field Engineer for Philips Healthcare
Married for 32 + yrs, Have 2 Adult Boys 1 Currently Married and the other Next Mar of 2014
Middletown N.J.

Just bought an 2013 V7 Stone in Matte Blk last month, Dec of 2012
Also Have an 2002 Harely Electra Glide, love all the V twin Engines, been riding since I was 17 yrs old..

guzziboy

« Reply #727 on: January 20, 2013, 09:24:59 PM »
Hi all,

My name is Steve Young and I am 60, a new Goose, and am riding a 2000 Jackal that I bought in December from a good partner.  I'm a  retired roofing contractor and for the past 4 1/2 years I have lived in Marin county just north of San Francisco.  I "work" as a residential caretaker at a Buddhist Meditation Retreat Center in Woodacre, CA. My other obsessions are and have been surfing since I was 10 and I started playing bass guitar in a band when I was 46. I'm divorced, have two sons and four grandkids and a wonderful woman in my life.  Am a friend of Jimmy K's for the past 27 years also...ride clean, ride peaceful and ...do no harm :bow

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #728 on: February 11, 2013, 03:07:07 PM »
Want to know about "AmazonGoddess" and the other new members .                                                                   Dusty

Someone naming themselves "AmazonGoddess" on a board like this is either:

1) A very bold and ready-for-anything woman, challenging the men on this board and possibly fun to know and ride with.   (.005% chance)

2) A reincarnation of muschi, enzo, or londonbill (2.0% chance)

3) A young, acne-faced, greasy, long-haired Croatian scammer working from an IBM-AT in his parents' basement with a pirated DSL connection, hoping to find an "opening" in a post somewhere to make a little money (Big chance).

Now, someone fess up!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #729 on: February 12, 2013, 08:25:16 AM »
Be nice , she is some ones' daughter or significant other . Plus she works in a bike shop .

And you know this ... how?    ;D

I alternately propose that this member (I would say poster but there's no posts yet) is a burly 6'4" 300 pound Botswanan, with a bad limp, a cast in one eye, and missing three fingers from a machete fight over a girl when he was 16.    :o

By the same criteria, I could be a 14-year-old blond Icelandic girl named Helga.   Some people know different, but without evidence how would one know?   ???

It's the INTERNET!

Lannis   

Pizza Guzzi

« Reply #730 on: February 13, 2013, 02:20:49 AM »
Well since this thread has been revived it seems as good a place as any to post my "story".

Glenn Darragh

59 and a bit years old from Lithgow NSW ( Australia).
Ex train driver and now signaller - tbh for as long as I can remember railways have been my passion , particularly the historical aspect of railways in Australia and the UK and all things related to steam traction.

I've been a motorcyclist since the age of 17 and a member here for 3 years but have never posted much because I haven't ever owned a Guzzi and felt like a bit of an imposter really. ! I've long felt i was destined to own a Guzzi one day and today turned out to be that day !

Visited my ( not so ) local dealer today and signed up for a sparkly new 1200 Sport 4V, I can hardly believe I'm finally joining the Guzzi family.

I feel really lucky because I'm only half a days ride from Pete Ropers workshop and only an hour away from  Guzzi workshop that Pete has recommended to me ( Moto Italia at Emu Plains ).

Anyway looking forward to becoming more involved in the forum and maybe eventually being able contribute to the considerable collective wisdom of other forum members.

Regards

Glenn.

echbes

« Reply #731 on: February 13, 2013, 07:16:15 AM »
I am Martin Weiss, born in 1965
a Swiss guy moved to Orlando Florida, because I couldn't stand the cold long winters anymore.
I love, ride and work on Moto Guzzi's since many years already. Fix, restore, tune Guzzi's.
I build Cafe Racers, ride them myself. I race with a V7 Sport, 1972
What else could I tell you? 
I am just one of this crazy guys with the Guzzi-virus

Offline Mike E

• New Egg
« Reply #732 on: February 13, 2013, 08:04:05 AM »
Michael Ehrhardt 57 y/o. Lisle Illinois, Maintenance Engineer at Edward Hospital in Naperville.

alguzzi1

« Reply #733 on: February 13, 2013, 01:28:18 PM »
My name is Al Champagne I live in Massachusetts My age is 47 I have been riding on the road for 30 years.Currently ride a Breva But have owned in the past A 86 Le Mans purchased brand new and also a 93 Strada and several other makes includind BMW Ducati and Triumph.

Offline sign216

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi 750s - Breva, Nevada, V7, etc
« Reply #734 on: February 13, 2013, 02:43:03 PM »
My name is Al Champagne I live in Massachusetts My age is 47 I have been riding on the road for 30 years.Currently ride a Breva But have owned in the past A 86 Le Mans purchased brand new and also a 93 Strada and several other makes includind BMW Ducati and Triumph.

Hi Al.  I live in Eastern Mass (South of Boston).  Welcome to the fray!

Is your Breva the 750?  I ride a V7C, myself.

Joe
09 Guzzi V7C
58 BMW R50
65 Gilera 106
69 Benelli 350

https://groups.io/g/Moto-Guzzi-750

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #735 on: February 13, 2013, 06:33:33 PM »
Can you get someone to attest to the truth of you not being a 14 yr old Icelandic girl? 

You're going to get people's hopes up.   Come to a rally or a lunch or breakfast ride .... !

Hell , I could be a Transylvanian Transvestite and an ex member of the Stasi .

This is NO place to brag about your past history  ...  ;)

Lannis

trip.wire

« Reply #736 on: February 21, 2013, 10:48:20 AM »
Hello to All. 

Nothing but the facts...
Name: Wes Paro

A few details to add relevance to my interest in this forum: 
I've been a rider since high school. Started with Harleys and moved to BMWs back in the early 80's when I decided I'd had enough of the "lifestyle" and just wanted to ride.  I just sold my 1991 K100RS and I'm shopping for a new ride.  BMW has changed direction since my last purchase and I don't see anything of interest to me in their showroom.  I can't bring myself to ingest the UJM koolaid so here I am.  My current work schedule fills most of my days but I'm hoping to find time in the near future for a ride to check out dealers in the area.  The nearest are about 3 hours away, Seacoast Sport in Manchester, NH or AJ Cycles in Gill, MA.  The Norge looks like a good possibility because it appears to be similar to the K Bike I had but the California carries a certain appeal as well.  The ride will decide.

Looking forward to talking with you all.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #737 on: February 21, 2013, 11:06:53 AM »
Hello to All. 

Nothing but the facts...

I've been a rider since high school. Started with Harleys and moved to BMWs back in the early 80's when I decided I'd had enough of the "lifestyle" and just wanted to ride.  I just sold my 1991 K100RS and I'm shopping for a new ride.  BMW has changed direction since my last purchase and I don't see anything of interest to me in their showroom.  I can't bring myself to ingest the UJM koolaid so here I am. ......

You are DEFINITELY in the right place ... !

Lannis

Bill Hagan

« Reply #738 on: February 21, 2013, 11:15:26 AM »

Hello to All.  

Nothing but the facts...

I've been a rider since high school. Started with Harleys and moved to BMWs back in the early 80's when I decided I'd had enough of the "lifestyle" and just wanted to ride.  I just sold my 1991 K100RS and I'm shopping for a new ride.  BMW has changed direction since my last purchase and I don't see anything of interest to me in their showroom.  I can't bring myself to ingest the UJM koolaid so here I am.  My current work schedule fills most of my days but I'm hoping to find time in the near future for a ride to check out dealers in the area.  The nearest are about 3 hours away, Seacoast Sport in Manchester, NH or AJ Cycles in Gill, MA.  The Norge looks like a good possibility because it appears to be similar to the K Bike I had but the California carries a certain appeal as well.  The ride will decide.

Looking forward to talking with you all.

You are DEFINITELY in the right place ... !

Lannis

Whoa, Lannis.  Not so fast.  See his occupation.  Don't we need to see where Wes stands on that Apple v. Windows thing first?   ;D

And, Wes, a number of us here have resolved the Norge v. Cali conundrum by buying both.  'Course, then it'll be a Griso or Stelvio or ...  If married, prepare your wife.  ;)

Best,

Bill

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #739 on: February 21, 2013, 11:20:39 AM »
Whoa, Lannis.  Not so fast.  See his occupation.  Don't we need to see where Wes stands on that Apple v. Windows thing first?   ;D

Best,

Bill

I'll bet he works for whoever is paying money to have it done .... !

And the "multiple bike" thing will ... just happen!

Lannis

trip.wire

« Reply #740 on: February 21, 2013, 03:03:03 PM »
Thanks Bill & Lannis,

Re: the Windows/Mac thing.  Sorry Bill, Lannis wins.  Cash trumps all. 

And yes, I have a wife.  She's very supportive of my motor-psychosis.  She likes to ride as a passenger and as a child/young adult her family's only motorized transport was a tired old Dnepr sidecar rig back in the "Old Country" (Armenia).

As far as the multiple bike experience goes we'll have to give that some time. I have way too many projects around the house that need my attention before I can follow that trail of breadcrumbs. 

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #741 on: February 21, 2013, 03:05:39 PM »
Thanks Bill & Lannis,

Re: the Windows/Mac thing.  Sorry Bill, Lannis wins.  Cash trumps all. 

And yes, I have a wife.  She's very supportive of my motor-psychosis.  She likes to ride as a passenger and as a child/young adult her family's only motorized transport was a tired old Dnepr sidecar rig back in the "Old Country" (Armenia).

As far as the multiple bike experience goes we'll have to give that some time. I have way too many projects around the house that need my attention before I can follow that trail of breadcrumbs. 

I'll bet there's some interesting Dnepr stories from the old country ... Don't be hesitant to post pictures if you and your wife go someplace interesting ... !

Lannis

trip.wire

« Reply #742 on: February 21, 2013, 03:32:09 PM »
Yes, I'm sure we'll have photos when the time comes.  And, I'll see if I can obtain a few sidehack memories for you. 

Offline telphoto

• ozzie, ozzzie, ozzie, oi, oi, oi.
  • New Egg
« Reply #743 on: February 21, 2013, 06:29:19 PM »
Trevor Collens, 50 years old from Perth, Australia. Living in NYC after moving to US nearly five years ago. Work as a press photographer. Been riding since getting a QA50 mini-bike for my tenth birthday, mostly off-road but had to give up dirt bikes about 7 or 8 years ago after a nasty crash when a tree jumped out and bit me. Inexplicably, always had a thing about Italian motorcycles and British sports cars.
Everywhere I go - there I am!

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #744 on: February 21, 2013, 06:54:40 PM »
Trevor Collens, 50 years old from Perth, Australia. Living in NYC after moving to US nearly five years ago. Work as a press photographer. Been riding since getting a QA50 mini-bike for my tenth birthday, mostly off-road but had to give up dirt bikes about 7 or 8 years ago after a nasty crash when a tree jumped out and bit me. Inexplicably, always had a thing about Italian motorcycles and British sports cars.
Welcome, fellow "young pup" ;)
It seems around here 50years old is "just getting warmed up"!! ;-T
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Dirk S.

• New Egg
  • NO CONTROL
« Reply #745 on: February 22, 2013, 06:56:39 AM »
in case someone is interisted in it

name: Dirk
language: german, better than english
90`1000 S
91`1100 Cali III
74`850 T
86`LOW RIDER 1100 ccm
92 1200 ccm QUOTA carb
76īT3 polizia resto project

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #746 on: February 22, 2013, 08:11:57 AM »
in case someone is interisted in it

name: Dirk
language: german, better than english
This place seems to be ate up with engineers of one form or another, you'll fit right in ;-T
Oh, and Happy Birthday!!! (assumption on my part, as you may be 51 tomarrow too ;D)
Tell us about that "stuff" in the garage :drool
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline swmckinley54

• Hatchling
« Reply #747 on: February 22, 2013, 03:41:17 PM »
Steve McKinley, Cycleholic, Printer, 59, Austin, Texas, '12 Stelvio NTX
Steven Mckinley
Austin, TX
2016 Eldorado

Offline Dirk S.

• New Egg
  • NO CONTROL
« Reply #748 on: February 22, 2013, 03:49:25 PM »
This place seems to be ate up with engineers of one form or another, you'll fit right in ;-T
Oh, and Happy Birthday!!! (assumption on my part, as you may be 51 tomarrow too ;D)
Tell us about that "stuff" in the garage :drool
tomorrow 51, day after as well, and so on. 11th of august 2013 -> 52.
the bloody stuff in my garage ... guzzis and other dirty metal - pics will come later.
90`1000 S
91`1100 Cali III
74`850 T
86`LOW RIDER 1100 ccm
92 1200 ccm QUOTA carb
76īT3 polizia resto project

TRICH911

« Reply #749 on: March 06, 2013, 11:27:58 AM »
Hello,
First post, so fitting it's an intro..
Tim
IT Director
NJ

Just picked up 13' V7 racer. Coming from a triumph street triple r.

I am more of a lurker than a poster but will chime in if I have something relevant to say.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here