Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1032811 times)

dilligaf

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #570 on: December 02, 2010, 04:58:44 PM »
Hi,
Matthew Vacher
Been riding since 1959
Bonneau Beach, SC
1 wife, 2 kids, 5 grandkids and 2 great grandkids.
Had a BMW/Moto Guzzi dealership in North Charleston, SC
I currently run the sailing program at Short Stay a military recreational area

tianmck

« Reply #571 on: December 02, 2010, 05:35:44 PM »
Hi, we're Trish and Tim from Ottawa, Ontario. We have recently traded in our '05 Multi 1000 S and '07 Scrambler for a new '08 1200 Sport. I let Trish name Her.  I'd like you to meet Aquila Rossa:

As winter settles in, our season is just about over, but we look forward to getting out and meeting other Guzzi riders next year.  We've thinned the herd somewhat, but the Beezer is getting along just fine with her new garage mate.  ;-T
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 04:44:09 PM by tianmck »

Offline Bella

• Hatchling
« Reply #572 on: December 02, 2010, 10:03:56 PM »
Name is Scott, bought a new 08 Norge 1200 in August and her name is Bella.  Started riding in 1970 and restarted riding in 2009.  I'm 61, a commercial insurance broker, working on my custom motorcycle seat retirement business, rebuilding 3 seats this winter.  Have 3 kids,  (2 in college) and a bike hating Spouse.  Oh well, she doesn't like skiing much either.  My riding Buds and I are planning a 9 day trip down the Appalachains to the Boone, NC area in early June.  Have been enjoying you guys and this site.
1969 Suzuki Stinger 125
1970 Honda 350 Scrambler
1971 Honda CB500-4
2003 Honda VTR 1000
2008 Guzzi Norge 1200

Offline gsf12man

• Gosling
« Reply #573 on: December 04, 2010, 09:22:52 PM »
Hello,

I'm Tom Kee from Phoenix, AZ since 1985; North Dakota before that and soon to be again. I miss the unthinkably horrendous winters and short riding season there (apparently). A long string of Suzukis between ND and AZ; then a Honda to go touring with my very indulgent wife. Fortunately, she really likes the looks of Guzzis as well, so now I'm studying the forums between thrashes on the Breva. Love that sound.

I was a factory Jaguar Land Rover and occasionally Aston Martin test driver for 20 years; my 20th year at it and being "downsized" arrived together. That, and wife with a real job, has left more time for riding. Just joined MGNOC. Other interests are extremely amateur photography, film and digital; doing graphics stuff in Photoshop Elements.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:32:32 PM by gsf12man »
Tom K.

Suzuki V-Strom DL650A

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #573 on: December 04, 2010, 09:22:52 PM »

kitze2

« Reply #574 on: December 05, 2010, 06:25:36 PM »
hi there,

my name is Jan, i am from germany and 42 years old at the moment,
do ride for 26 years now, started with old Vespa Scooters, like a 150
Sprint, 200 Rally and 160 GS4, then some rigid HD, flathead, panhead,
evo, then some guzzi, V65 and LM II,then quite a few ducati, SS900,
SS900 i.e., SS1000 DS, and lately, the return to moto guzzi, with a
850T4, that i am about to sell now, to keep the green 850T that i
aquired lately.

it has the 950cc engine from the T4 now, some more work will be
carried out this winter, i.e. powder coating the frame, swingarm and
tripples, and a new seat cover maybe.

kind regards from germany
Jan  :)

Greetings Jan.
Where in Germany are you.
My wife is from Spaichingen and we visit often.
She also goes to Basel on business 3 or 4 times a year.

Tschüß
Damien
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 06:29:11 PM by kitze2 »

kitze2

« Reply #575 on: December 05, 2010, 06:52:08 PM »

i am a hamburger so to say.

Hamburg huh.
You sure your name is Jan?
It's not Alister or Billy is it?  :D
Oh my, that's a bad pun! Sorry I couldn't help myself.  :-[

By the way...nice bike.

Offline cal2guzzi

• New Egg
« Reply #576 on: December 05, 2010, 07:52:41 PM »
Hello all,
Not new to Guzzi but saddened by the return of winter and miss riding and talking Guzzi so want to introduce myself. My name is Craig Eppich from Cincinnati area Ohio. Been married many years and have 3 beautiful girls.  Been riding Guzzi since 1996 and just last year got my first fuel injected - 1998 EV. I work for HP enterprise services. Call it computer support. Plus my wife and I own Country Barrel Restaurant in Okeana, Ohio. www.countrybarrelre staurant.com. In the area come out and see us. The pic is from this fall - myself and 2 work buddies. One on an ST1300 and the other bike is a Victory (Yeah - strange group) on route 16 which connects Eastern Kentucky and Western Virginia. We liked the road so much we changed the next days route just to go back over it!

Craig Eppich
1984 California II
2007 1100 Breva
2017 V9
1998 EV - sold
1983 Lemans III - miss it cause I sold it

Offline IceBlue

• Gaggle Hero
  • Where words fail, music speaks. H. C. Andersen
    • Moto Guzzi Lario Fan Site
« Reply #577 on: December 06, 2010, 02:01:07 AM »
Hi Damien,

Spaichingen is on the opposite side of the country,
i live in the north, in a beautiful city called Hamburg,
i am a hamburger so to say.

Ciao Muschi in Hamburg.
Welcome to the board. I'm your neighbor in Denmark north of Copenhagen  ;)
Nice bike ;-T  I understand why you are in love  ;)

Give me a heads up if you decide to visit Copenhagen.

Saluti
Copenhagen Denmark - http://www.facebook.com/motoguzzilario

750 Targa - long legged younger sister of the Lario
V65 Lario - Short legged total brat
V65 Lario - Silver Streak
V35C - Smallest Guzzi cruiser
V75C - (project)
V75/4 - (project)

dackbwing

« Reply #578 on: December 06, 2010, 01:26:39 PM »
Hi all from Arizona,
Grew Up in NJ then moved out to AZ
English/ Pre-law Major
Law School hopeful

Love old movies, star wars, Nissan VQ's (IE infiniti G35) and most of all GUZZI Motorcycles (and triumph and maybe even bmw's)

Offline wildebube

• Gosling
« Reply #579 on: December 06, 2010, 02:29:03 PM »
Muschi - what a screen name.  lmao.
Lee Norman
2016 V7 II Special

Offline Huck369

• Hatchling
  • Huckster
« Reply #580 on: December 08, 2010, 04:45:59 PM »
Hello all,
Not new to Guzzi but saddened by the return of winter and miss riding and talking Guzzi so want to introduce myself. My name is Craig Eppich from Cincinnati area Ohio. Been married many years and have 3 beautiful girls.  Been riding Guzzi since 1996 and just last year got my first fuel injected - 1998 EV. I work for HP enterprise services. Call it computer support. Plus my wife and I own Country Barrel Restaurant in Okeana, Ohio. www.countrybarrelre staurant.com. In the area come out and see us. The pic is from this fall - myself and 2 work buddies. One on an ST1300 and the other bike is a Victory (Yeah - strange group) on route 16 which connects Eastern Kentucky and Western Virginia. We liked the road so much we changed the next days route just to go back over it!

Howdy Craig,
I was born in Cinci, but have lived down here in Somerset, KY most of my life..
I also have 3 daughters, one of which lives in Covington, so Im in your area fairly often, maybe I'll get to check out the Country Barrel Restaurant one day.

Huck
Huck
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
2013 Honda NC700X
2015 CSC RX3
2016 AJP PR4
AMA # 580046

EdSidders

« Reply #581 on: December 09, 2010, 12:24:48 AM »
Howdy Y'all
Ed Sidders here..Live outside of Ore City , TEXAS on Lake-O-The-Pines.with my Wife/Best friend and our dog...I've been medically retired for about 5 years from a heat stroke,I was in heavy industrial electrical maint.for 40 years ...Two years ago I found a Dr. that for all practical purposes cured my Vertigo ..I couldn't afford another airplane so I got back into motorcycles..Curren t favorite bike is a 79 Triumph Bonneville 750 that is a survivor that had 3K miles on it when I got it last spring...

Our current trip bike is a 79 Kawasaki KZ1000ST with all the Vetter/Kawasaki fairing and bags..Please excuse the crappy pictures :o

Picked up Moto Guzzi project in a trade a few weeks ago and I am learning a lot about this breed... :) :)

Current project is a 73 Moto Guzzi 850 Eldorado (California?) Think it is a California model as it has police dash,footboards,key on left under seat,spotlights,4 shoe front brake,chrome fenders,twist off gas cap,cop bars...Doesn't look like it ever had siren mount..Has nice aftermarket seat..Guy I got it from said that the guy he got it from had a big bore kit installed...I don't know how to tell without pulling the head and measuring bore & stroke..Got the engine running a few days ago ,absolutely no smoke after the penetrating oil cleaned out of the cylinders and exhaust...Just went thru the carbies so tank nitemare is next.... :o I'll be looking for a sidehack when I get this one on the road.......

I had a pacemaker put in Last Monday so it will be a few weeks before I can do anything else to the Guzzi ...Looking fwd. to meeting Y'all here on the net and in person when possible....Ed

« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 01:33:38 AM by EdSidders »

Offline Avvocato

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #582 on: December 09, 2010, 01:40:52 PM »
Charlie, 46, Philadelphia area, attorney.  Married, three kids and 2 Portuguese Water Dogs.

2010 Griso 8V and 2007 MV Agusta F4.

Unapologetic lover of motorcycles, wine, women and song (not necessarily in that order, depending upon my mood) ;D
2014 Cali 1400 Touring
1973 Eldorado

Catweasel

« Reply #583 on: December 10, 2010, 02:25:49 AM »
wow...loads of new peeps but nary a single one living in Austria. Grrr...I demand now that 5% (I think that's reasonable) move to either Vienna (my current location) or Budapest (my new home from next month)  ;D

Anyhoo, welcome all...and I wonder if "muschi" means the same thing there as it does here  :P

Offline Huck369

• Hatchling
  • Huckster
« Reply #584 on: December 10, 2010, 06:17:44 AM »
wow...loads of new peeps but nary a single one living in Austria. Grrr...I demand now that 5% (I think that's reasonable) move to either Vienna (my current location) or Budapest (my new home from next month)  ;D

Anyhoo, welcome all...and I wonder if "muschi" means the same thing there as it does here  :P
I'm not from Austria, but we have a girl from Austria coming to stay with us as an exchange student, starting next month, she is from Salzburg....
Huck
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
2013 Honda NC700X
2015 CSC RX3
2016 AJP PR4
AMA # 580046

Offline wildebube

• Gosling
« Reply #585 on: December 10, 2010, 06:27:59 AM »
.and I wonder if "muschi" means the same thing there as it does here  :P

I believe it does.  That's why I was laughing.
Lee Norman
2016 V7 II Special

Rabidsnipe

« Reply #586 on: December 23, 2010, 01:55:15 PM »
Chase, 26, Edmond, Oklahoma.  Been riding since 2003.  Currently ride a 2003 Yamaha FZ1.  Have had my eye on a twin for about a year now.  Test rode a V7 Classic back in October and fell in love with it.  Currently saving my pennies to buy a white one sometime summer of 2011.  It will be replacing the FZ1.

Offline sign216

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi 750s - Breva, Nevada, V7, etc
« Reply #587 on: December 23, 2010, 05:35:00 PM »
Hi all from Arizona,
Grew Up in NJ then moved out to AZ
English/ Pre-law Major
Law School hopeful

Love old movies, star wars, Nissan VQ's (IE infiniti G35) and most of all GUZZI Motorcycles (and triumph and maybe even bmw's)

Hi Dackwing, we are similar.  I'm a law school graduate, and fan of Nissan sports sedans and Guzzis.  I recently left my second Maxima and got a Infiniti G35 too.  Nissan has been good about giving their sedans powerful engines and manual transmissions; something for car enthusiasts. 
09 Guzzi V7C
58 BMW R50
65 Gilera 106
69 Benelli 350

https://groups.io/g/Moto-Guzzi-750

radan2

« Reply #588 on: December 23, 2010, 05:51:16 PM »
I can't believe I never introduced myself.  I guess it is another sign of creeping senility.

Jim Wayne
Jacksonville, NC
66 years old, but look older and feel younger (except when I feel older)
retired schoolteacher
really enjoy riding the Red Menace

tailspin74

« Reply #589 on: December 25, 2010, 02:09:07 PM »
Hello Gents,

Fellow rider up here in the northern burbs of Chicago.  I've been riding riding for 18 yrs now and currently am riding a 1200GS and M1100.  Last week I saw a picture of a Griso SE and wanted it.  As luck would have it, the SE will be available here in the states in February.  After 10 minutes on the web, it was apparent not to waste time with any other dealer then Jim Barron up (and I do mean WAY up) Rose Farm.  What a great guy. Two days later ordered the SE. ETA is mid-Feb.

I look forward to meeting local Guzzi riders this spring.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #590 on: December 25, 2010, 03:15:15 PM »
Hello Gents,

Fellow rider up here in the northern burbs of Chicago.  I've been riding riding for 18 yrs now and currently am riding a 1200GS and M1100.  Last week I saw a picture of a Griso SE and wanted it.  As luck would have it, the SE will be available here in the states in February.  After 10 minutes on the web, it was apparent not to waste time with any other dealer then Jim Barron up (and I do mean WAY up) Rose Farm.  What a great guy. Two days later ordered the SE. ETA is mid-Feb.

I look forward to meeting local Guzzi riders this spring.
Congrats and welcome!  ;D That Chicago crowd is a pretty rough bunch..

Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

frank73x89

« Reply #591 on: January 03, 2011, 06:24:04 PM »
Hy to all.
I'm 46
A financial analyst,
got a Norge (08) new in January 09,
and I reside in Ottawa, Canada.

... Oh and can't wait for the next summer from September to April (guess I'm not the only one!)

Jared

« Reply #592 on: January 03, 2011, 09:26:02 PM »

Jared
Operations analyst for DHSMV (I have no idea, either...)
Florida panhandle

Guzzis? Oh, yes, please:
LeMans III
750S clone in the making
CX100

in the past:
LeMans 1000
a couple of Ducati 900SSs
Aprilia Falco.
Aermacchis, Hondas, Yamahas, BMWs
Pretty much everything but a Voxan, and I'll have one of those too, eventually  8)

Guru

« Reply #593 on: January 09, 2011, 11:39:50 PM »
Well, a quick intro is in order,

My name is Tony,
and I'm addicted to motorcycles.

I just bought a 2004 LeMans, with only 2,200 miles. It has a PC3 and the crossover pipe, all else is stock. I will be looking for any input that will enhance this bike. With less than 500 miles on it since I purchased it, this bike seems to be a fun ride.

I also have a 1983 LeMans III that I have just finished getting back on the road......a great old bike, tons of flywheel weight make this a strong bike

Also living in the garage is a 1997 Ducati 916

A group of Triumphs
2000 Sprint RS

2006 Daytona 675 track bike

1978 Bonneville

2009 Harley XR1200

also a 2001 BMW K1200LT, 2005 Suzuki SV650, 2 Triumph Bonneville's awaiting restoration, 2 Maserati BiTurbo's awaiting an upgrade, USAF (retired) M35A2

Offline IceBlue

• Gaggle Hero
  • Where words fail, music speaks. H. C. Andersen
    • Moto Guzzi Lario Fan Site
« Reply #594 on: January 10, 2011, 02:48:25 AM »
My goodness :o

A bike for every day of the week - way to go  ;-T

Nice stable.

Welcome!
Ciao
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:16:58 PM by iceblue »
Copenhagen Denmark - http://www.facebook.com/motoguzzilario

750 Targa - long legged younger sister of the Lario
V65 Lario - Short legged total brat
V65 Lario - Silver Streak
V35C - Smallest Guzzi cruiser
V75C - (project)
V75/4 - (project)

badge502

« Reply #595 on: January 10, 2011, 06:52:29 AM »
My name is Jeff, I live in Central Texas... Bought my first bike in 1973, and have been going non stop since, mostly BMW's and Ducati's, mainly sport bike types. Ive had a couple of Guzzi's though, and currently own an '02 LeMans.  It suits me pretty good in all areas. There are a few bikes Ive sold that I wish I could get back, but, that is part of the process I guess. I'd post a picture of my LeMans, but it looks like Tony's below. I DO need to do the crossover pipe, PCIII and cans, so if you have a set laying around the garage, let me know...

Guru

« Reply #596 on: January 10, 2011, 08:57:12 AM »
Thanks Iceblue.....I will post an album and show some of the bikes that I have sold in the last few years, the "collection" is ever evolving, right now there are 9 running, legal streetbikes to choose from, as well as the track bike (prepped and ready to go to the track, possibly this weekend, temps should be in the 70's.

Badge.....I am very happy with the stock look of this bike, like you, I would lkike to open the exhaust just a little bit, I am looking for a slightly louder exhaust note, and still keep the drivability of the stock bike. The PCIII helps smooth out the rougher transitions in the stock maps, I haven't ridden this bike without the PCIII, but I have ridden many other FI bikes, and have found all of them to have drivability issues, usually at moderate throttle openings, and cruising at steady speeds. My '04 is as smooth as silk running at any steady RPM's. I rode for many miles at 4k and never a hint of a surge or sputter, smooth acceleration.....ve ry nice.

If anyone has any experience drilling the stock cans, let me know, I would drill, get the sound right, and then re-program the PCIII.

Offline dredman

• New Egg
« Reply #597 on: January 11, 2011, 07:40:13 PM »
Hi Everyone

David Redman
Hollister, CA
age 45

2000 Jackal  1st bike!!
2000 jackal, 2004 bellabio

radan2

« Reply #598 on: January 11, 2011, 07:55:47 PM »
Hi Everyone

David Redman
Hollister, CA
age 45

2000 Jackal  1st bike!!

Now that is getting started RIGHT!

..............but we need  :PICS!: :PICS!: :PICS!: :PICS!: :PICS!:

oldmanjob

« Reply #599 on: January 11, 2011, 08:10:16 PM »
Welcome to the mad house :o ;-T :BEER: :BEER:

Bill

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here