Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1027753 times)

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #690 on: July 13, 2012, 07:32:57 PM »
Wow!   Talk about butt-burn ... I can only do about 3 hours at a time.    :D
...the tire changes were hell!
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

GOAT

« Reply #691 on: July 13, 2012, 09:52:28 PM »
Howdy new here but not to motorcycles. Rode Harley's for 20+ years switched to Guzzi's in 1999
bought my !st motorcycle in 1973 a Honda CT90 "Trail 90" still own

rest off line is 1999 Moto Guzzi Bassa V11 bought new in 1999
                    2004 Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie bought new in 2005

have been watch as a guest and found a lot of useful information the people on this site thanks for having me

Offline IceBlue

• Gaggle Hero
  • Where words fail, music speaks. H. C. Andersen
    • Moto Guzzi Lario Fan Site
« Reply #692 on: July 14, 2012, 11:15:14 AM »
Wow!   Talk about butt-burn ... I can only do about 3 hours at a time.    :D
´

:D :D :D ;-T ;-T ;-T
Copenhagen Denmark - http://www.facebook.com/motoguzzilario

750 Targa - long legged younger sister of the Lario
V65 Lario - Short legged total brat
V65 Lario - Silver Streak
V35C - Smallest Guzzi cruiser
V75C - (project)
V75/4 - (project)

zee

« Reply #693 on: July 16, 2012, 03:08:10 PM »
hey everybody,

my name is Zorawar but having a difficult name everyone has shortened it to ZEE, its easier and i still get to be a little unique. i'm 40 and just onb the verge of getting my first Moto Guzzi. i live in North Bergen, NJ and do real estate for as living in Manhattan.

the extra bit. im 5'9" and have a 30 inseam so ive been looking for a bike that's not too high on the seat height. i'm contemplating between a 2007 griso and a 2010 V7 Cafe Classic. since im new to the forum and to this brand i have tons of questions and was hoping someone would be kind enough to help with those questions.

nice meeting you all.

Z

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #693 on: July 16, 2012, 03:08:10 PM »

GT3 Techno

« Reply #694 on: July 16, 2012, 04:16:01 PM »
New here and to Guzzi which I didn't know existed before the past 6 weeks. I am 50 years old and live in Canada. Lot of useful information on this forum. Thanks.

I bought a 2012 V7 Racer after having seen one in Florida in June. Completely impulsive decision. I had no clue if I would like the ride but felt in love with the overall look of the bike. I had other bikes before (Harley Street Bob Dyna, Night Train Soft Tail and Road King) which I sold because I couldn't find time to ride. Whenever I needed to go somewhere, there was always a good reason to take my car...

I just think Moto Guzzi twin bikes are cool. Now I will probably add a Griso to the V7... but most of my spare time is spent in Car Club racing.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:18:23 PM by GT3 Techno »

zee

« Reply #695 on: July 16, 2012, 04:23:51 PM »
I missed this thread when I joined.

I'm Beena.
From the UK.
40yrs old in three day's time.
Relatively new to bikes having passed my test in 2008.
Started off on a Kawasaki 550 Zephyr, moved on to a Triumph Bonneville Scrambler, then on to a Triumph Street Triple and now have a V7 Classic, which is much more my style than the Street Triple. Picked her up just over a week ago and loving every minute of it.

Here's the new love of my life:

thats a beauty beena - i was contemplating to get this too but i just love that green color on the v7 cafe....

StaysCrunchy

« Reply #696 on: July 16, 2012, 04:42:44 PM »
Name's James, I live in Bothell Washington which is about 20 miles North of Seattle.

My first vehicle (motorcycle or otherwise) was a 1974 850T. It was a pile of parts sitting under a tarp in somebody's back yard when I got it at age 15. I completely reassembled that thing using nothing but my own two hands and the money I made working at McDonalds. When I was done it was about 85% Guzzi and 15% whatever I could scrap together. I took my motorcycle endorsement test on it the weekend after my 16th birthday. I didn't own a car until I was almost 20. Unfortunately I fell on hard times financially in my late-20s and had to sell it.

Currently I have a 2009 Triumph Bonneville that I absolutely love, and I just picked up a wrecked 2002 Cali Stone that I'm in the process of rebuilding. I guess that's about it.

Offline Luther54

• New Egg
« Reply #697 on: July 16, 2012, 06:04:39 PM »
TF Luther

Age - 58

Married - 32 years (It's been great but am still waiting on the dowery)

Officially an empty-nester on July 19th except for 2 rescue dogs

Work - Still rowing the boat as a sales rep for a manufacturer of waterproofing systems for commercial buildings.

Bikes - 2000 V11 Sport (green), 1972 Triumph T100 (restored)

Hobbies - Riding in the Sierra foot hills; Good red wine; Making pizzas in my wood fired oven; Books; More good red wine

justinian77

« Reply #698 on: July 26, 2012, 10:03:11 AM »
My name is Justin, I"m 35, I am in the USAF, I live in Fairborn, OH...I ride a 1970 Ambassador that my grandfather restored...I'm the third generation to ride her, she is my beautiful 42 year old Italian lady...

Modified...
The Roman Emperor handle is my nickname from high school...

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:02:01 AM by justinian77 »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #699 on: July 26, 2012, 10:26:40 AM »
I"m 35, I am in the USAF, I live in Fairborn, OH...I ride a 1970 Ambassador that my grandfather restored...I'm the third generation to ride her, she is my beautiful 42 year old Italian lady...

Now needed:

1) Photo of Ambo

2) Why a Roman emperor?    ;-T

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #700 on: July 26, 2012, 04:27:47 PM »
Greetings Guzzi Gearheads! My Name is John Schurke, I'm from Springfield Mo. and I'm 50 yrs. old.
I have a '80 cx 100 I have been riding since 1989 (I think) also a V11 Scura (#599) and a Triumph Tiger, two Bultaco Sherpas and a Gas Gas TX280. Reciently rode to Guzzi National in Va, (loved the Blueridge Pkw.) and The Tail of the Dragon. Since I'm in SW Mo. I do alot of Arkansas riding. Give me a halla if ur in the area!

Keep your knees in the breeze and between the trees!

JS
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

BravoBravo

« Reply #701 on: July 26, 2012, 04:35:45 PM »
Greetings Guzzi Gearheads! My Name is John Schurke, I'm from Springfield Mo. and I'm 50 yrs. old.
I have a '80 cx 100 I have been riding since 1989 (I think) also a V11 Scura (#599) and a Triumph Tiger, two Bultaco Sherpas and a Gas Gas TX280. Reciently rode to Guzzi National in Va, (loved the Blueridge Pkw.) and The Tail of the Dragon. Since I'm in SW Mo. I do alot of Arkansas riding. Give me a halla if ur in the area!

Keep your knees in the breeze and between the trees!

JS

Hi John. Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a very nice collection of ridin' iron!  ;-T

Bruce

v7classic

« Reply #702 on: September 04, 2012, 12:06:23 AM »
I just found this thread, so here i am.  Steve Swan, Fort Collins, Colorado, now 60, riding continuously since 14, owned/ridden/restored/rebuilt over 70 motorcyles in my time, a newcomer to Moto Guzzi as of 2009, but wasted no time, now have 4, '00 Greenie, '06 B11, '09 CalVin and a '11 V7R.  I don't see another brand in my future.  Picture taken 2010, on the Port Townsend ferry, Laura and i.  

« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:07:58 AM by v7classic »

BravoBravo

« Reply #703 on: September 04, 2012, 08:57:41 AM »
I just found this thread, so here i am.  Steve Swan, Fort Collins, Colorado, now 60, riding continuously since 14, owned/ridden/restored/rebuilt over 70 motorcyles in my time, a newcomer to Moto Guzzi as of 2009, but wasted no time, now have 4, '00 Greenie, '06 B11, '09 CalVin and a '11 V7R.  I don't see another brand in my future.  Picture taken 2010, on the Port Townsend ferry, Laura and i.  

Welcome, Steve! Seeing what a nice gaggle you have gives me Guzzi envy!

Bruce

Allister

« Reply #704 on: September 05, 2012, 02:54:30 AM »
Hi,
I'm Allister from New Zealand. I have a '97 sport 1100i and its a ground up restoration. I bought her in 2009 and it's been a labor of love ever since. I had one ride on her before the tear down began. The gearbox sounded like it was trying to eat itself and the fuel cap was rusted to the tank (it hadn't been looked after for a few years). Lots of rust and corrosion but the motor ran well. Have made some progress but seem to end up doing things twice.
Here's a picture of the bike when I bought it.

Offline QCGoose

• Gaggle Hero
  • Chris McFate
« Reply #705 on: September 05, 2012, 09:49:30 AM »
Hi,
I'm Allister from New Zealand. I have a '97 sport 1100i and its a ground up restoration. I bought her in 2009 and it's been a labor of love ever since. I had one ride on her before the tear down began. The gearbox sounded like it was trying to eat itself and the fuel cap was rusted to the tank (it hadn't been looked after for a few years). Lots of rust and corrosion but the motor ran well. Have made some progress but seem to end up doing things twice.
Here's a picture of the bike when I bought it.

Welcome! Nice to see another yellow Sporti in the mix. It's sad to hear that she's had a rough life, but good on you for giving her the attention she needs and bringing her back.  ;-T
1998 Guzzi V11 EV
1997 Guzzi 1100 Sport
2004 Ducati Monster 1000Sie
1970 Honda CB175
 --------------------
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."

Offline dawdish

• Gosling
  • Lifes Better with bugs in your teeth
« Reply #706 on: September 05, 2012, 01:16:29 PM »
Hi all, I'm Dave from Colorado. Though I've been building "ASIAN" Cafe Racers for a while, the Guzzi has just intrigued me since I was  kid. So this weekend I took the dive and picked up a 1981 G5. Its a bit rough and I dont think all the parts on it are "G5". So my plan is to Cafe it.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:54:53 PM by dawdish »
'81 G5 Cafe
'16 Eldorado
'76 T3 V1000

Allister

« Reply #707 on: September 06, 2012, 02:29:29 AM »
Hi QCGoose,
Thanks for the welcome.I always wonted a yellow sporti and always intended to keep it yellow. But I spotted a V7 at the 2011 Phillip Island MotoGP, in the classic race that left me inspired.

Offline dirtymartini

• New Egg
« Reply #708 on: September 06, 2012, 08:54:11 AM »
Paul Casterlin  (motorcycle addict at large)
Harveys Lake PA (Largest Natural lake in PA)

Electrician for PA Dept of Corrections

I belonged to this forum about 10-12 years ago when I had my V11 Sport, my handle then was "twstm"
I had a bad experience with my V11 Sport and the dealer, I was without the bike for about 6 months and when I got it back decided to sell it. But once having an Italian bike, it get in your blood. I was shopping for an Adventure type bike and thought I wanted the Triumph Adventure....that is until I looked at the Stelvio NTX :drool Last thursday I pulled the trigger and brought her home. I have about 400 miles on it so far and love it!

I have been riding since I was about 11 (dirt bikes) and have been an MSF Instructor (or Rider Coach, whatever the PC name is now) since 1992. I think the count of bikes I have owned is over 50 now...I know, I have a problem, I just wish I had kept most of them. Right now I have the 2012 Stelvio NTX, a 1969 Norton 750 Commando "S", a 1975 Norton 850 Commando Mark III and a 1975 Penton Mint 400. 

2012 Moto-Guzzi Stelvio NTX
1975 Norton 850 Commando Mark III
1969 Norton 750 Commando "S"
1975 Penton Mint 400

Offline QCGoose

• Gaggle Hero
  • Chris McFate
« Reply #709 on: September 06, 2012, 01:34:39 PM »
I always wonted a yellow sporti and always intended to keep it yellow. But I spotted a V7 at the 2011 Phillip Island MotoGP, in the classic race that left me inspired.

No arguing with that. That thing's gonna look awesome when finished! Please keep us posted. ;-T
1998 Guzzi V11 EV
1997 Guzzi 1100 Sport
2004 Ducati Monster 1000Sie
1970 Honda CB175
 --------------------
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."

highgear

« Reply #710 on: November 27, 2012, 10:18:02 PM »
I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hello.  My name is Dave and I'm from Gilroy, California.  I come from a background of strictly Japanese bikes. I, like I expect many others, have been absolutely floored by the new V7 Racer.  So much so that I just sold my bike last night and I'm planning on picking up a V7 Racer in the next week or so.  I sell commercial trucks in San Jose, CA and I'm 46 years old.  Looking forward to that first ride on an Italian bike! 

Offline dawdish

• Gosling
  • Lifes Better with bugs in your teeth
« Reply #711 on: November 27, 2012, 10:31:22 PM »
Hey Dave, Dave here, in Colorado, I have been building Honda Cafe's. I just got the Guzzi bug and am building a V1000 Cafe. Welcome, and have fun on that V7!
'81 G5 Cafe
'16 Eldorado
'76 T3 V1000

kiwi

« Reply #712 on: November 28, 2012, 12:37:43 AM »
John Conder ,69yrs, retired, new Moto Guzzi Califoria Vintage, live in New Zealand north island ,also  1975 morris mini

Offline mauriceetjeannine

• New Egg
« Reply #713 on: November 28, 2012, 02:46:52 AM »
Hello,

I live in the north of France. I ride guzzi since 1993. My first one was a 1000CaliforniaIII carbs, after a V65 with agostini fairing, a V75 Targa, A cafe racer V75 4V, parts to rebuild a v65gt but i will make a scrambler with them, and finaly last month a V7 classic.
I am a member of the french motoclub "la scuderia guzzi". Finally i am the owner of http://smalltwins.pagesperso-orange.fr/

regards

Aggiefiddler

« Reply #714 on: December 24, 2012, 11:18:33 AM »
Howdy!

My name is Daniel, I'm in Austin, Texas, and I'm the new owner of a 2004 California EV.

A thank you to Mike at MPH Cycles in Houston!  And Mike, after 3 hours yesterday afternoon with the steel wool you gave me, the chrome looks GREAT!  Now all I have left to do is a little work with a toothbrush in the fins and a few other crevices, and she'll be all detailed and ready to go.

For the other non motorcycle details...  I have a wife who's a little wary of me buying a motorcycle, and a kid who hopefully will like going riding with dad when she's big enough.  I'm a programmer for an audio video company.  Most of my programming is with home automation systems.  I enjoy outdoor activities (camping, hiking, etc.) and hopefully the bike will be a nice way to get outside more.

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #715 on: December 24, 2012, 11:55:37 AM »
Hello,

I live in the north of France. I ride guzzi since 1993. My first one was a 1000CaliforniaIII carbs, after a V65 with agostini fairing, a V75 Targa, A cafe racer V75 4V, parts to rebuild a v65gt but i will make a scrambler with them, and finaly last month a V7 classic.
I am a member of the french motoclub "la scuderia guzzi". Finally i am the owner of http://smalltwins.pagesperso-orange.fr/

regards

Had missed this. Which part of the north of France are you from? Our daughter lived in Sallanche for1.1/2 years. They now reside in Singapore but this year is the second year in a row that she has taken the family back there on their holiday. We visited there when she was living there and thoroughly enjoyed our time in France.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

eddie850

« Reply #716 on: December 24, 2012, 12:35:27 PM »
Hi. My name is Eddie I am from the UK, I am 36 years old. I am a maintenance supervisor and an ex BMW and Triumph motorcycle technician. I have been riding a bikes since I was 16 and got my first Guzzi a Lemans 3 when I was 18 which I still have. Since I was 18 I have added a few bikes to my garage, a Cali 3, a V65 engine based Monza, a laverda jota 120 and since july this year a Griso SE plus 2 MZ ETZ250 1 fitted with a chair, all of these I still have. I have had a few in fact quite a few more but these are the one's I have kept.

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #717 on: December 24, 2012, 12:39:34 PM »
Nice garage there Eddie. ;-T

I personally LOVE the look of the Jota. ;-T ;-T ;-T :drool
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

eddie850

« Reply #718 on: December 24, 2012, 12:45:49 PM »
Thanks but it's a shame I had to get rid for what I did, I just ran out of room, A 1100 sport, an Yamaha RD 250 DX another 12 MZ's, a Morini 125, a standard V50 Monza and a Montessa cota 247. Still next year I will have to build a new shed.

cyclocrossfool

« Reply #719 on: January 01, 2013, 06:10:40 PM »
bought about a month ago a 1975 850t. (replaces a 1975 laverda sf2 that i bought/raced in the 80's). also have a road legal 81 honda cb650 a 79 yam xs400, a running 1978kaw 750b. and a project 81 kz550ltd. been riding since a sen. in high school(1979)

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here