Author Topic: My Griso Scares Me  (Read 8843 times)

bpreynolds

Re: My Griso Scares Me
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2018, 06:24:42 AM »
For all it's fancy suspension the Griso handles no better than any other CARC bike unless you fit a Stelvio shock then it comes to life.
I have ridden most of the CARC range both 2v and 8v and it really is horses for courses.

I would disagree a good bit with this statement as it is here.  I�ve owned a small tank Stelvio and a 2V Norge.  And the Griso I have now is actually my 2nd 8V G.  IMHO, there is a great bit of difference in how these handle per se.  Yes, on a road with big swooping curves and such, not much difference but as the road tightens, a good bit of difference I�d say.  I rode each of these bikes differently because of that difference.  The Norge was a wind cutting super tanker.  If you�re going to California and back, it seems like the bike to take.  It was more nimble to the RT I once rode, but the Stelvio was better in tighter stuff.  For what it is, the Stelvio is a good handler and surprising but it ain�t no supermoto and the Griso is much easier to get to left or right in tight stuff. 

I would also add that I think there is some truth to what Pete was saying earlier as per maps.  I�m not positive they are different but the �15 Griso I once owned seemed to have a more linear power delivery than my �09 bike now.  I didn�t get myself in as much trouble with it. 

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2018, 07:22:40 AM »
The early 8V maps were different. About 5.5K it was like the secondaries opened up on a 4bbl muscle car. Lots of people complained about it. Personally, I kind of like it.

John Henry

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2018, 07:30:40 AM »
The early 8V maps were different. About 5.5K it was like the secondaries opened up on a 4bbl muscle car. Lots of people complained about it. Personally, I kind of like it.

John Henry

The infamous 4bbl bog..On a properly tuned carburetor V8, when the secondaries open ,it's not night and day but a progressive power increase...The bog and then the rush of power  recovery feels faster but it's slower over a timed distance...

bpreynolds

« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2018, 07:36:01 AM »

John Henry

I was gonna say if you put the two bikes in front of me and said okay go have fun, then I might actually choose my '09 though that 5-8 rush IS what is getting me into trouble and yes, my '15 bike did have more lower.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2018, 07:36:01 AM »

Offline Darren Williams

• Finally got me a Griso!
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Life is too short to go slow!
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2018, 03:44:10 PM »
OK, you guys win already. You convinced me to pull the trigger on the new Griso. The 200 mile ride home was fun, as I had forgotten just how different the Guzzi's feel compared to my other bikes.
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2018, 03:45:54 PM »
 :thumb:
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here