Author Topic: Hydraulic clutch concerns, questions on Norge  (Read 1637 times)

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Hydraulic clutch concerns, questions on Norge
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2022, 11:31:37 AM »
Does anyone else have to clean corrosion off their under the seat bleeder? In the past I’ve cleaned the white to green crust off a couple times a year, a very messy process, crap goes flying everywhere when I take a brass brush to it. This spring I coated it with Vaseline and put a small ziplock bag around it so it’s not as bad. My theory is I must have a ground short someplace that the braided line is picking up stray voltage from. It’s been this way from day one almost 10 years now. Unless anyone has a better theory that’s what I’m going with. By the way I haven’t noticed any electrical issues I did replace the battery, first year I got it with a sealed type with its own brand of tender ( can’t recall name brand now) it’s on a tender most of the time it’s not ridden.
 Sorry to hijack the thread but since the conversation included the use of the bleeder, I thought I’d ask.
This is something I have never seen in all the bleeders on all the CARC bikes at all the dealerships. You got a special one. Maybe the batt being on a tender causes it to vent at the line. Could be line is substandard from factory out of " That Other Box" over there, just to get it gone off the line.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Kaladin

• Hatchling
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2022, 06:09:32 PM »
The braided line is harboring some sulfuric acid.  I would rinse it as much as I could.  Nickel sulfate is green.
First you look where it should be, then you look where it might be, then you look where it won't be, then you look where it mustn't be.  And when you find it you discover "that's where it should have been."
2007 Norge
2000 BMW R1150GS
2003 Jaguar XKR

Online SemperVee

• My life will be told in MC people and experiences more than anything else.
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • USMC Retired
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2022, 11:45:05 AM »
  Following and because I just purchased a new 48K mile Norge hydraulic non adjustable clutch that seems to only actuate at the end of the lever i just did yesterday bleed and ride test the difference, if any.  HUZO was correct from a former post... Changing it DID make a difference - It seems to break "Crisper" than it did so it was pleasant surprise.  Did the brakes also so now on schedule.  Prior owner included service record and it was due anyway going on 2 years.

MY method is very easy.  I run the bleeding tube from the nipple to a 20 oz capped bottle with the hose submerged in brake fluid -  so no air positively comes back in.  Watched the reservoir spit up so I know all is working correctly and careful not to drain completely but close enough to reach in and swap out the black crud buildup on the walls and bottom of the DOT4 reservoir. 
2007 MG Norge - Hi Ho Silver! - La Dolce Vita
CalSci Tall Windshield
Heli-Bars
Matris Fork + SAG set
Eibach Rear spring
Salamander HB ends
K&N  filter
StainTune pipe
Metal gas fltr
Givi Rear rack
Givi V46 Box and Rack
Startus Interuptus
Napoleon Mirrors
Grip Puppies

Offline Kaladin

• Hatchling
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2022, 05:34:30 PM »
It is extra easy since the bleed connector is right out in the open.   Getting to the inner spark plugs, not so easy.
First you look where it should be, then you look where it might be, then you look where it won't be, then you look where it mustn't be.  And when you find it you discover "that's where it should have been."
2007 Norge
2000 BMW R1150GS
2003 Jaguar XKR

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2022, 05:34:30 PM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here