Author Topic: Wondering if this saddle will fit seamlessly onto a 2010 V7 Classic  (Read 1335 times)

Offline sstone14

• New Egg
https://www.af1racing.com/OEM-Moto-Guzzi-Saddle-Rough-Black-2B004968000C1

Total newbie here, just fyi. It seems like it will, based on the language of the listing, but I just wanted to double check here with y'all before making the purchase.

Thanks!
'10 V7 Classic

Online Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
Re: Wondering if this saddle will fit seamlessly onto a 2010 V7 Classic
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 09:08:48 AM »
https://www.af1racing.com/OEM-Moto-Guzzi-Saddle-Rough-Black-2B004968000C1

Total newbie here, just fyi. It seems like it will, based on the language of the listing, but I just wanted to double check here with y'all before making the purchase.

Thanks!

It says it fits the v7 classic, I dont doubt AF1, they are probably the biggest seller of new OEM stuff in the USA
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline Dirk_S

• www.dirkshearer.com
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Doodler of doodles
    • www.DirkShearer.com
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 09:11:09 AM »
Keep scrolling down on that page and you’ll have your answer—which is a ‘yes’ - all modern small block V7s have the same frame (aside from a couple differences like rear shock mounts) and seat mechanism, although not sure about the new 850 version.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 09:12:48 AM by Dirk_S »
Current: ‘16 Guzzi V7 II Stone, ‘78 BMW R80/7

Previous: ‘15 Ural Gear Up, ‘77 Kawasaki KZ400 Special, ‘78 Honda CX500S, ‘80 Honda CX500D, ‘11 Suzuki TU250X

Offline Dirk_S

• www.dirkshearer.com
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Doodler of doodles
    • www.DirkShearer.com
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 09:15:48 AM »
Also - welcome to the forum! Don’t be afraid to introduce yourself over on the dedicated thread and share a location in your profile—never know when you might have a nearby Guzzisti around the corner willing to help ya out!
Current: ‘16 Guzzi V7 II Stone, ‘78 BMW R80/7

Previous: ‘15 Ural Gear Up, ‘77 Kawasaki KZ400 Special, ‘78 Honda CX500S, ‘80 Honda CX500D, ‘11 Suzuki TU250X

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 09:15:48 AM »

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 09:26:41 AM »
I've had about let's see, carry the one... uhhh 6 different seats on my two smallblocks so far (MK I and MKIII).

The ONLY fitment problem I've run into was the Corbin is too narrow at the rear to fit on the V7III Dark, because it's a model with the smaller chopped rear fender which means it also has a sub-frame attached to the frame right behind the shock/fender mounts. The mounting bolts for the sub-frame interfere with the Corbin seat pan.

That's the only thing I've found to look for so far, and it's probably limited to Corbin and the late-model bikes without the full rear fender.

Can't say about the 850 yet.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline sstone14

• New Egg
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 10:42:55 AM »
Keep scrolling down on that page and you’ll have your answer—which is a ‘yes’ - all modern small block V7s have the same frame (aside from a couple differences like rear shock mounts) and seat mechanism, although not sure about the new 850 version.

Thanks! Yeah, I did see that, I just wasn't sure about the precise meaning of the language "can be fitted as an accessory to"--i.e. if that meant it was ready to just snap right in, or if some additional work "fitting" it would be required before being able to attach it to the bike.
'10 V7 Classic

Offline dirtiegirtie

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2021, 10:51:33 AM »
Just an FYI - I asked AF1 about another seat not long ago.

My question was, "Hi - I'm interested in the "OEM Moto Guzzi V7 Racer Saddle - 898178". I have a 2015 V7 (I'm in the USA, so it is NOT a V7 ii); will this seat fit my bike?"

Within 24 hours I received, "Yes, all classic, I, II, and III seats are interchangeable with each other.  Lots of styles thru all those years. Only the new 2021 V7 850 is a different seat fitment."

Excellent customer service. I'm still waiting for it to come back in stock, but pretty sure I'll end up with that seat.

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2021, 07:15:55 PM »
Just an FYI - I asked AF1 about another seat not long ago.

My question was, "Hi - I'm interested in the "OEM Moto Guzzi V7 Racer Saddle - 898178". I have a 2015 V7 (I'm in the USA, so it is NOT a V7 ii); will this seat fit my bike?"

Within 24 hours I received, "Yes, all classic, I, II, and III seats are interchangeable with each other.  Lots of styles thru all those years. Only the new 2021 V7 850 is a different seat fitment."

Excellent customer service. I'm still waiting for it to come back in stock, but pretty sure I'll end up with that seat.

Fit, yes.  Fit as well as the seat that came on the bike?  Maybe.  The racer seat I have on my bike doesn't fit up at the tank as nicely as the seat that came with the bike.  Only the most critical eye would notice, but if you are even slightly OCD you will definitely notice. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline dirtiegirtie

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2021, 07:46:56 AM »
Fit, yes.  Fit as well as the seat that came on the bike?  Maybe.  The racer seat I have on my bike doesn't fit up at the tank as nicely as the seat that came with the bike.  Only the most critical eye would notice, but if you are even slightly OCD you will definitely notice.

If I understand your comment correctly, I think your comment is more about the quality (precision fitment) of a specific seat vs fit of a seat across years/models.

I've only ever had Stock, Corbin, and Mustang seats on my bikes... all of which are high quality... so I never thought about 'sloppy' fitment. I think my CDO would bother me just as much as you... good to know!

*I have CDO - It's like OCD, but the letters are in proper alphabetical order.

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2021, 08:01:48 AM »
If I understand your comment correctly, I think your comment is more about the quality (precision fitment) of a specific seat vs fit of a seat across years/models.

I've only ever had Stock, Corbin, and Mustang seats on my bikes... all of which are high quality... so I never thought about 'sloppy' fitment. I think my CDO would bother me just as much as you... good to know!

*I have CDO - It's like OCD, but the letters are in proper alphabetical order.

FYI - I think my Corbin has more of a gap than stock on my MKI Stone.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 11:40:50 AM »
Also - welcome to the forum! Don’t be afraid to introduce yourself over on the dedicated thread and share a location in your profile—never know when you might have a nearby Guzzisti around the corner willing to help ya out!
^^^^^^^
What Dirk said👍

Online Mayor_of_BBQ

• Instagram: @Mayor_of_BBQ
  • Gaggle Hero
  • 'Ever thus to deadbeats, Lebowski'
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2021, 06:08:33 AM »

OP! take a look at TWA's thread on the front page today... you can see how "mismatched" his seat it! LOL Looks sharp as hell
Chad (Shadrach) in Asheville NC
1979 LeMans CX-100 (battle axe)
2007 Breva 1100 (Sport 1200 tribute)

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2021, 06:27:25 AM »
OP! take a look at TWA's thread on the front page today... you can see how "mismatched" his seat it! LOL Looks sharp as hell

Looks good, but doesn't full mate up to the tank the same way the Carbon seat does. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here