Author Topic: I am a silly lying stack of poop - Griso content  (Read 3835 times)

Offline kirb

• Gaggle Hero
Re: I am a silly lying stack of poop - Griso content
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2018, 08:01:25 AM »
What is specs on that KTM?

I used to have an '08 990 ADV... that bike looks to be a 950 supermoto in the 2004-08 range. The 950s have carbs. GREAT engine for that use, narrow, easy to work on, powerful for the weight (~90-100hp). Very underrated overall, but the ones that own them are super loyal. A few regular maintenance items to keep things right, but nothing major. Fun bikes to ride.

Offline Unkept

• Gaggle Hero
    • Unkept Uncaged- Youtube Channel
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2018, 08:47:12 AM »
You really let that V7 go, that had to hurt.

No wonder you bought a Griso so soon.  :grin:

Nice choice! I'm also hoping to come back to the Guzzi fold at some point, maybe next year if everything settles a bit.

Pete Roper has convinced me the Griso is the best thing since sliced bread, although he has more colorful words for it I'm sure. :)

-Joe

bpreynolds

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2018, 08:54:49 AM »
You really let that V7 go, that had to hurt.

No wonder you bought a Griso so soon.  :grin:

Nice choice! I'm also hoping to come back to the Guzzi fold at some point, maybe next year if everything settles a bit.

Pete Roper has convinced me the Griso is the best thing since sliced bread, although he has more colorful words for it I'm sure. :)

-Joe

:thumb:  Pete’s the Griso go to guy for sure.  They should really retitle the bike, The Roper  :laugh:

I used to have an '08 990 ADV... that bike looks to be a 950 supermoto in the 2004-08 range. The 950s have carbs. GREAT engine for that use, narrow, easy to work on, powerful for the weight (~90-100hp). Very underrated overall, but the ones that own them are super loyal. A few regular maintenance items to keep things right, but nothing major. Fun bikes to ride.

Couldn�t have said it better myself.  Except �super loyal� might be an understatement  :wink: :grin:

Mine�s an 07 (they were only brought over to the States for two years (2006-2007).  Bought it 2 years ago with 9400 miles on it.  Just clicked over 30k last week.  Dressed up right, as I tend to believe mine is, it�s one of the most phenomenally capable motorcycles I�ve ever driven. 

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2018, 08:58:05 AM »
Man oh man do I know this  :thumb: :grin:  But I�ve obviously never looked at bikes as investments of anything other than smiles, and even to this day I don�t see it remotely as money wasted. 

Ok, let me revise my original statement, how about "money indulged with frivolously"?  :boozing:
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2018, 08:58:05 AM »

Online Dharma Bum

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2018, 11:39:11 AM »
Well, that didn't take long.  Welcome back! :thumb:

Offline dcardo021

• Gosling
    • moto guzzi
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2018, 10:26:02 PM »
Listen to you guys?  But you all say different things on the same point  :grin: [emoji23] :thumb:

Well, I also left out finicky, ugly, and tempermental in my description, but who is keeping score? :thumb:  :grin:

As for the other stuff, I greatly appreciate the info but I�m done throwing money at the back.  I tried all that stuff before with my former Griso, and my FZ1, and my V7III, and my Roamer...and my back never complied.  I completely adore the Griso the way it is.  When I had 2 inch peg lowers, bar risers, and big windscreen on the �15 I used to own - and still had back trouble - I honestly kinda thought I had changed the bike beyond the gorgeous pure thing it is.  Absolutely not knocking folks who wanna do that to their G but I purchased this one knowing it would just be a Sunday rider for me and I�m content to leave it as that.  I might get a larger fly screen.  Or not.  I drove it 60 miles last night, parked it, stared at it, and smiled.
That's what it all about![emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline Dukedesmo

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2018, 05:59:32 AM »

Nice, I really like the Griso and am tempted to buy one but not sure I need any more bikes at the moment?...     :thumb:
Le Mans II
Ducati 916
Ducati M900

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here