General Category > Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only

1965 Benelli / Motobi 200 Sprite

<< < (3/24) > >>

Canuck750:
my super cheap wheel building jig!

A gallon paint can and a couple quart cans blocked up with wood scraps, works great for fitting spokes, I got a new set of stainless steel spokes and nipples from Buchanans, I am amazed the catalogue of specifications they have on file, I called them and asked for a rear set of spokes for a 1965 Benelli 200 Sprite, not a probelm they said, have the full specs for length and gauge, they fit perfect and cost about $110.00 and come with the assembly grease to keep the stainless nipple seizing on the stainless spoke.

Buchanans even had the specs for the 1961 Aermacchi with 17" rims (one year only).

True the rims up on a cheap balance stand and a dial gauge,

A new pair of Duro tires and this 1965 will be back on two wheels after a very long slumber resting in peices.

Long time Benelli / Motobi Ebay parts seller "santo_di_motocicli" came up with a NOS rear wheel hub with brake plate and sprocket plate, amazing what still come up for sale

Canuck750:

--- Quote from: riguzzi on October 25, 2021, 09:48:49 PM ---I had a 250 when I was a young fellow in New Zealand. With a few minor tweaks it was a great bike that could lean over unbelievably far. I eventually put a different seat, clipons, megaphone, carb and raced it with some success, but the crankpin was very weak. I ended up rebuilding the crank every few races.

--- End quote ---

Any pictures of your race bike?

Scout63:

--- Quote from: Canuck750 on December 17, 2021, 06:22:09 PM ---my super cheap wheel building jig!

A gallon paint can and a couple quart cans blocked up with wood scraps, works great for fitting spokes, I got a new set of stainless steel spokes and nipples from Buchanans, I am amazed the catalogue of specifications they have on file, I called them and asked for a rear set of spokes for a 1965 Benelli 200 Sprite, not a probelm they said, have the full specs for length and gauge, they fit perfect and cost about $110.00 and come with the assembly grease to keep the stainless nipple seizing on the stainless spoke.

Buchanans even had the specs for the 1961 Aermacchi with 17" rims (one year only).

True the rims up on a cheap balance stand and a dial gauge,

A new pair of Duro tires and this 1965 will be back on two wheels after a very long slumber resting in peices.

Long time Benelli / Motobi Ebay parts seller "santo_di_motocicli" came up with a NOS rear wheel hub with brake plate and sprocket plate, amazing what still come up for sale

--- End quote ---

Just found this thread on the bump.  Great pictures and wonderful work.

Canuck750:

--- Quote from: Scout63 on December 20, 2021, 10:03:51 PM ---Just found this thread on the bump.  Great pictures and wonderful work.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! It’s just a cheap little 4 stroke single but I have a soft spot for the Benelli / Motobi brand, they had a wide range of bikes that get little coverage these days.

Canuck750:
I got my Benelli / Motobi seat back from Italy today, less then three months turn around, even though I had cheaped out and shipped the frame and old cover by surface to the upholstery shop.

They did a fantastic job copying the old seat pattern, mounting to the frame and adding the grab strap.

they remounted the original name plate, I had asked if they could find a Motobi emblem but no luck, cocst me just over 100 Euro plus shipping there and back

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version