General Category > General Discussion

An Unnatural Sound

<< < (4/4)

1Sourdough:
I have neither started, nor listened closely when near someone else starting one.  Does the ECU control the starter, or why does one press & release the start button?  That's sorta cute...

Muzz:

--- Quote from: Vasco DG on January 17, 2015, 05:56:29 AM ---The correct terminology is bricks fornicating in a tumble drier Steve.  ;-T

Pete

--- End quote ---

You do have a certain way with words Pete.... ;D ;D

johnr:
I'd get hold of a car box or something  and make a little house for it to sleep in.

Vasco DG:

--- Quote from: 1Sourdough on January 17, 2015, 09:19:08 PM ---I have neither started, nor listened closely when near someone else starting one.  Does the ECU control the starter, or why does one press & release the start button?  That's sorta cute...

--- End quote ---

The way it worked on the earlier bikes is that you touched the starter button and it triggered the relay to the starter. The ECU's logic dictated that if the engine hasn't started in four seconds it drops the relay out. Also if the crank speed exceeds 500rpm it also cuts the relay.

I think later bikes have returned to a more conventional press and hold system but they still kill the relay feed if the engine speed exceeds 500rpm.

Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version