General Category > General Discussion

Vacuum leaks

(1/2) > >>

creaky99:
Last couple of times I rode the '98 V11, it was sometimes idling erratically and had a hesitation right off idle and a hesitation when opening the throttle after decelerating with the throttle closed. Long story short, the vacuum lines from the intake to the canisters had rotted/cracked allowing vacuum leaks on both cylinders. I plugged the vacuum ports and removed the hoses to the canisters. Engine now runs like it should. My question is this:  Is any other modification necessary other than what I have done so far?   

guzzisteve:
Just run the tank vent line down under tranny by the over flow line. I have a hose going from LH intake to RH intake.

creaky99:

--- Quote from: guzzisteve on January 25, 2015, 08:12:02 PM ---Just run the tank vent line down under tranny by the over flow line. I have a hose going from LH intake to RH intake.

--- End quote ---

I did run the vent line as you say. I wondered about connecting the vacuum ports with a hose, works OK huh?

Sasquatch Jim:
  I guess the problem is that it doesn't suck.

guzzisteve:
Works fine, you could cap them w/6mm screws, but then it's more to do & find when syncing the FI bodies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version