General Category > General Discussion

Campo Road Loop...

(1/4) > >>

radguzzi:

I had a little time to head out to do the Campo Road Loop today…

A short dirt lane trek down toward the border and just past the Border Patrol Station.

Old Historic Rte 80 that runs parallel, give or take to the new I-8...

Through the fence of the Motor Transport Museum…  I’ll go back to take the grand tour on another Saturday.

http://www.motortransportmuseum.org/

normzone:
Wow, that's cool. I've driven through there SO MANY TIMES. I grew up in San Diego, so that whole Hwy. 8 stretch was a place for camping when I was a kid.

I remember when they built the 8. That was a lot of broken granite.

jlburgess:
This is my first winter in San Diego.   It feels like I'm cheating!  :bike

radguzzi:

--- Quote from: normzone on February 08, 2015, 02:08:02 PM ---Wow, that's cool. I've driven through there SO MANY TIMES. I grew up in San Diego, so that whole Hwy. 8 stretch was a place for camping when I was a kid.

I remember when they built the 8. That was a lot of broken granite.

--- End quote ---

Hey Norm,
You could have gone on a blast with me...  Next Saturday...?  I would like to stop and look around at the Museum

--- Quote from: jlburgess on February 09, 2015, 08:33:32 AM ---This is my first winter in San Diego.   It feels like I'm cheating!  :bike

--- End quote ---

You are cheating... I feel the same way, while my Wife is back in Maine taking care of teh snow removal...  She is a hardy New England Girl.

Invite open to you as well if you want to go for a blast. 

The Rt 94, Honey Springs Road, Lyons Valley Road, Jamul ride is one of my favorites.

Lemme know.

Best,
Rob

Cage Free:
I love 94-80 ride and just did it last Thursday. I live in Temecula and from the 80 take the 8 east to the S22 (Butterfield stage coach line) back home, total loop about 270 miles and on the Stelvio can make it easily without having to refuel anything but myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version