General Category > General Discussion

Thread size of the steering head stem on a guzzi G5?

(1/1)

NCAmother:
Does anyone know the tread size and pitch for the steering head stem?  I thought it was 25mm x 1 but I'm not sure.  Thanks :)

LeRoy:
25 x 1.0 mm is correct. Is there any chance you need to borrow the thread cutting die? I bought one for just for that purpose. It's only been used once and is available to loan.

NCAmother:

--- Quote from: LeRoy on February 11, 2015, 08:16:18 PM ---25 x 1.0 mm is correct. Is there any chance you need to borrow the thread cutting die? I bought one for just for that purpose. It's only been used once and is available to loan.

--- End quote ---
LeRoy, thanks for the offer!  I might take you up on that offer, I'm looking for another steering stem as I've just found out someone "reworked" the threads on the stem in my parts box that I was going to use on my project bike.  If I need it, I'll give you a holler!  Thanks :)
Nate

mgfan:
Are the loop stems the same size? If so, I've got one.    :BEER:

NCAmother:

--- Quote from: mgfan on February 11, 2015, 10:02:42 PM ---Are the loop stems the same size? If so, I've got one.    :BEER:

--- End quote ---
Thanks mgfan, the only problem with the loop stem is they are held on by a nut on the lower, whereas the tonti stems are pressed into the lower stems.  I really appreciate the kind offer  :BEER:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version