Author Topic: terrible news for racing fans at pikes peak yesterday  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Daleroso

• Gosling
Re: terrible news for racing fans at pikes peak yesterday
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 12:17:32 PM »
When 10 died at the Reno air races a few yrs ago there were cries to end it. The pilots were allowed to vote & it continues today. I'm sure the riders of Pikes Peak & the IOMTT would vote the same.
I would wager that most if not all who want to end these events don't fly or ride.

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 12:46:32 PM »
When 10 died at the Reno air races a few yrs ago there were cries to end it. The pilots were allowed to vote & it continues today. I'm sure the riders of Pikes Peak & the IOMTT would vote the same.
I would wager that most if not all who want to end these events don't fly or ride.

I believe that's correct.

The ones I know that want to end the events you mentioned don't fly or ride.   They only want to control.

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline kirby1923

• Gaggle Mentor
  • '81 CX100
  • Location: SoCal (rural) near Tehachapi CA, Rogers AR when in the states other times GMT+1 thu +6
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 12:58:53 PM »
The future of IOM is constantly in question because of the danger, and not only for the racers but for those that venture around the course when they open it up to the public. (sobriety not required for that caper).

Not for the faint of heart!

:-)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 12:59:40 PM by kirby1923 »
'81 CX100

A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the constant pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness.. Einstein,A

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 12:58:53 PM »

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 01:48:37 PM »
The future of IOM is constantly in question because of the danger, and not only for the racers but for those that venture around the course when they open it up to the public. (sobriety not required for that caper).

Not for the faint of heart!

:-)

"Mad Sunday" is sort of an organized "go for it" day that is not an official race.

The IOM TT Course is open to the public ALL the time, with no speed limits outside the towns, every day when there is not an actual race or practice on, which is 350 days a year.    Anyone can go as fast as they want on the rural roads; that lack of speed limits is separate from the racing .... just an IOM thing, the last vestige of true independence ...

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Jim Rich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 10:25:55 PM »
I've attended the Pike's Peak race a few times, usually while on a CO. Camping trip on the Norge.  It is an awesome event and I hope they don't change a thing.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here