Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Knuckle Duster Head Protectors!
« Last post by AJ Huff on Today at 11:39:58 AM »
I know Greg Field had them, so maybe they were a Moto International product?

I'd check with Mark at Moto Guzzi Classics, Harper's, or Joe Walano at Guzzi Doctor and see if any of those guys have removed them from bikes and just tossed them into a box.

-AJ
General Discussion / Re: No acceleration passed 3rd
« Last post by 850brian on Today at 11:33:38 AM »
Yeah just had to trailer it home. It lost all acceleration at any gear at any rpm. Wish me luck
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on Today at 11:22:41 AM »
Head protectors on a Loopframe are kind of redundant - one would have to try really hard to get a head on the ground with the crashbars in place.

The ones in your photo look like they would make accessing the plug a bit difficult, without removing them first.
« Last post by 850brian on Today at 11:12:41 AM »
Unfortunately it looks like I also have oil leaking out of the inspection plug
« Last post by 850brian on Today at 10:50:57 AM »
Thank you for the reply, it doesn't seem that the clutch is slipping. I will take a look at the breather hoses with fingers crossed.
« Last post by Guzzistajohn on Today at 10:05:19 AM »

I got these from Harper's, They don't look like brass knucks (or aluminum) but they do the job. I'm sure they have something for the loops
« Last post by AJ Huff on Today at 10:01:33 AM »
Man, seems like 15 years ago or so they were all over eBay. Might have to get custom made. Wonder if someone like Joe Kenny could make them for you? I see he still has a few things on eBay.

-AJ
« Last post by Tom H on Today at 09:55:46 AM »
Rear main seal leak. Rear main bearing carrier gasket. Front trans seal. Oil on the clutch plates can cause them to slip? Leak can also come from the breather hoses if the clamps are not tight or the hoses are bad.

Tom
« Last post by Dave Swanson on Today at 09:54:00 AM »
I did not set the timing with a strobe and the carbs were cleaned rather thoroughly.  Additionally I have noticed a rather significant oil leak coming from the hole just above the oil drain plug. Any ideas?

Of course it is either the front seal of the transmission leaking, the rear main engine seal, or both.  There are no easy fixes.  I think you know what the next steps will be.

Tkelly's question is valid.  Is the clutch slipping?  Could be oil soaked plates.   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here