Author Topic: DC-sockets on Norge 8V  (Read 1542 times)

canuguzzi

DC-sockets on Norge 8V
« on: June 04, 2015, 05:56:04 PM »
I've been running with a single DC socket to power the tablet and camera up front. I took power from the underseat socket and ran #10 shipboard wire under the tank and to the steering stem. The wires are high temp sheathed for the entire run. This lets me simply unplug under the seat if I need to. I can also switch off up front or pull the fuse there as well.

I switch the power on via a relay using the Norge's GPS hot as the switcher since it isn't good for much else (very thin wire). This is a must since the under seat socket on the Norge is always hot.

There are two sockets with this arrangement and while it might look like it would interfere with handlebar swing, it does not. I made a cutout for the single riser bolt on the one side (bars are 1" higher and slightly more rearward than stock.

This is how it looks attached to my Gizmo dash. The sockets are from a marine supply shop and waterproof when closed.

Above is from another angle showing ignition switch access. Nothing hits anything.

This pic is how it looks with the tablet mounted on it's QD mount. While the tablet is an 8" job, it too does not hit anything nor does it interfere with viewing any of the instruments when seated. Since the mount is adjustable, it can be easily moved if I change seating positions or swap out the standard seat for the lower gel seat.

Right now the tablet will be data logging the latest Norge map performance over a 2500-3000 mile jaunt. The mount itself has gone more than a few thousand and is as solid as the day it started out.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:57:19 PM by Norge Pilot »

Offline MLR

• Hatchling
Re: DC-sockets on Norge 8V
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 07:14:00 PM »
So you have Guzzidiag running on the tablet? How do you store the information?

canuguzzi

Re: DC-sockets on Norge 8V
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 08:22:11 PM »
Scan M5x. I got it a while back but see it's not longer available on Google Play. I was able to use a bluetooth connector instead of running USB as with Windows machines. Won't really know much until after the trip is over. Hopefully there will be lots of data. I'm swapping between the tablet and a Toughbook CF-19 that I  keep in the rear top case. That runs off of a 2nd AGM battery that is on an isolator but will come in handy if ever the main battery goes belly up. A push button and they run in parallel so a dead battery isn't a worry on long trips.

Harper's Moto Guzzi : Go Ride, Break Parts, Call me!
Harper's Moto Guzzi. Where we still answer the phone, use the highest quality parts, and also do Transmission, rear drive, and carb rebuilds fast. Call us at 816.697.3411 and get your problems resolved.
http://www.harpermoto.com
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here