Author Topic: V7 series- What did you change/add from original and why?  (Read 51108 times)

Offline MotoBug

• Hatchling
V7 series- What did you change/add from original and why?
« on: June 22, 2017, 03:53:09 AM »
Being a recent owner of a new 2016 V7ii Special I'm interested to know what parts and accessories people changed, if anything, on their V7 since owning it.

Before buying I was thinking over time it would be muffler, handlebars and maybe that rear mudguard. Suspension was a ride it and see decision.

So now after only ~1700km I'm looking at things a little differently. The original mirrors are barely useful so I'd like to know what others have used and recommend. They're simply too narrow or short to see effectively beyond my arms. A handlebar change might improve this.

The original handlebars are okay and I guess if the bike is dropped there is less risk of tank damage but I like a lower position for comfort and wind resistance at speed. Going for clip ons is appealing for both looks and function but that might require rearset footpegs which don't seem to come cheap. The Agostini dragsport bars seem like a good compromise between the two. http://motociclo.com.au/products/bikes-related-items/bike-accessories/moto-guzzi/v7-series/agostini-handlears-dragsport-blac

And after multiple youtube clips of muffler comparisons I was sure I'd buy some aftermarket mufflers. But now the original muffler exhaust note is growing on me even though I have some Staintunes to fit. Perhaps the original mufflers need time to mellow or something? Having already bought the Staintunes I guess I'll try those out but if too loud I think I could happily go back to the standard ones. Unless the claimed power increase from the Staintune is worthwhile.

The V7 is a fun bike worthy of the praise it gets so I'd love to hear what you did/didn't do to it.

Cheers,

MotoBug

Offline fossil

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: V7 series- What did you change/add from original and why?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 04:41:23 AM »
V7 Stone in white from 2013 (European counting).
1) the higher Comfort Gel seat. It is shorter, looks better. But much more important: I am seated perhaps 1,5 cm higher. And as the seat is much harder the control of the bike is better. I feel more connected to the Guzzi.
2) transparent windshield (original Guzzi). Makes the riding experience better in any conditions.
3) original Guzzi luggage rack. I need it. And in my eyes a luggage rack is a crucial part of the look of a motorcycle  :grin:.
4) the original heat shield at the mufflers are swapped against narrower ones from Guzzi Garage. Looks nice.
5) Dunlop Arrowmax Streetsmart. Makes the bike rideable even when it´s cold and wet. And makes the rear brake usable.

Ah yes, the original mufflers. I like the sound. And they are from LaFranconi. How could I ever swap them?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 04:43:41 AM by fossil »
Greetings from Germany!
Thorsten

Offline paulbr

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 05:31:19 AM »
2014 Stone 5 speed

Shocks - Ikon, so I didn't get bucked off every time I ran over a leaf, almost

Dart Marlin screen - I think it adds a bit more comfort

H&B rack for carrying stuff, with a top box on occasion when the need outweighs the ugliness

I think that's about it - not unhappy with the Pirellis even though it's winter :tongue:

To do perhaps - improve front suspension and brakes, maybe taller seat or lower pegs. No urgency on these though.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 05:31:55 AM by paulbr »

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 05:32:12 AM »
I changed the shocks and forks straight away.  Much better for ME.
Agostini pipes cause the sound correct to my ears with a remap to match.
SW-Motec mirror extenders solves that problem.
And, I built my seat up 2 1/2 inches for a little leg room.

I knew I'd do this prior to purchase.  I made the bike what I wanted and no regrets at all.  Love the little bugger to death.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 05:32:12 AM »

Offline sib

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Smallest state, 221 times smaller than Texas, often compared to the size of an oil slick, forest fire, or ice sheet
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 06:58:52 AM »
V7II Stone, Black.  For reasons that don't need explaining:

Agostini crash bar
MG touring windscreen
Standard height MG gel saddle
Matris piggyback shocks
Matris full fork replacement kit
Stelvio/Norge/Griso mirrors
Speed Bleeders
Hepco & Becker side and top luggage racks with Junior hard cases
Koso Apollo heated grips
SW-Motech 25-mm handlebar risers
USB power outlet and iPhone mount for handlebar
Flash2Pass garage door opener transmitter

Lastly, under the category of personal tics, I put plastic or rubber caps in the open gaping holes at the rear ends of the lower frame tubes, and also in the holes of the passenger foot peg mounts.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:18:45 AM by sib »
Current: 2021 V7 Stone E5
Previous: 2016 V7II Stone
Previous: 2013 V7 Stone
Several decades ago: 1962? Honda CB77 Super Hawk

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 07:06:23 AM »
2013 Stone:

* GuzziPower (Ed Millich) Sump Spacer (for more oil capacity)
* Over-racing frame sliders
* HB racks for side and topcase (powdercoated black before HB offered them that way)
* Dart Marlin - Now an Emgo Viper Fairing (at least I think that's what it is called, I got used)
* OEM Cafe take-off seat - got that Corbin afterall
* YSS Shocks
* Centerstand and Euro sidestand
* Black aluminum injector covers
* OEM mirrors (Guzzi 1200 sport/Aprilia/other brands)

I wouldn't mind figuring out a more robust headlight bucket, it's a little rattly/tinny.
- mostly solved with some silicone

I also would like black handlebars, but the positioning is right so I feel stupid changing them. (EDIT - still haven't bothered)

No need to change exhaust, and though the forks are rather basic they do they job.

I could see springing for a Corbin, but I've got two other bikes that are better for distance, do I dunno. I no longer have better bikes for distance lol.

I should probably upgrade the tail light someday, but I'm not in a rush obviously (going on 5 years). - Added Plug-n-Play LED bulb replacement.

Still love it. <------ THIS in spades.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 06:35:35 AM by Kev m »
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline sib

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Smallest state, 221 times smaller than Texas, often compared to the size of an oil slick, forest fire, or ice sheet
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 07:17:33 AM »
Kev M, you forgot to include your original patented smiley face on the canister.

Also, why not powder coat the handlebar instead of replacing it?
Current: 2021 V7 Stone E5
Previous: 2016 V7II Stone
Previous: 2013 V7 Stone
Several decades ago: 1962? Honda CB77 Super Hawk

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 07:31:35 AM »

I went to Norman Hyde M bars and interestingly, the stock mirrors became perfectly useable.

Also:

-Dart flyscreen
- Agostini slipons
- Hepco and Becker luggage rack and side case racks

Those few changes made it a great little all-around bike.

Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 07:40:41 AM »
OOOPS, forgot one of the most important mods - GuzziPower Sump Spacer for more oil capacity.

The late-model smallblocks seem to have proven they no longer NEED it, but hell it makes me feel warm and fuzzy to run a higher capacity anyway!

Kev M, you forgot to include your original patented smiley face on the canister.

Also, why not powder coat the handlebar instead of replacing it?

Ah, but it wasn't MY original - it was given to me by someone on this board who did it first!

And on the powercoating, I MIGHT do that. But:

1. It tends to be expensive enough around here that for a few more bucks I can probably just buy new ones that are already black.

2. I don't like taking it off the road long enough to do that, I'd rather remove and install same day. Though I COULD always do it in winter time.

Truthfully, I was distracted putting every extra penny towards saving for a new bike (that I bought last month, just not the one I was originally planning on buying lol) so now I might start to think about stuff like that again.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline vstevens

• Gosling
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 09:33:34 AM »
2013 stone:

Replaced mirrors with  Aprilia tuono mirrors... 50 bucks, they look great and provide great visibility.
Dart Marlin windscreen, about 150 dollars, easy install and quick shipping.  80mph feels like 60 on the freeway.  Much more comfortable at hwy speeds.

Next will be shocks or seat.

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 10:36:05 AM »
Cha-cha-cha changes; 2013 V7 Special,
The principle reason for upgrading as much as I did was to create the best ergonomics I could manage while retaining a functional café-commuter profile.
Most pieces are of a practical nature while contributing to ‘the look’.
Luggage/brief case is a set of 30 liter Hepco Becker Juniors.  The C-bow frame hadn’t arrived on the market in Canada or I’d have gone that route simply because the bag offerings are aesthetically more pleasing. The Junior’s are really well suited to long range touring and grocery shopping.
   Wind screen is a Valoplini Sport Fairing from Harper’s. The LeMan’s-like look suits the bike’s profile and works very well for my 5’7” frame.
   Suspension upgrades are a necessary upgrade in my opinion. Mupo: front and back. Bought it too quickly from Todd before I had done enough research. It works very well but I think I could have done better.
   Handle Bars: Brevettato adjustable bars. These are expensive but provide nearly absolute control over the ergonomics.  As it turns out, they are good future proofing: I contracted rheumatoid arthritis and had to change angles for my wrists: an Allen key, some test positioning and a bit of Loctite…. new set-up.
   Foot controls: Sato rear-sets. A bit extravagant (see a theme?) but again has a lot of adjustability with respect to ergonomics for someone who prefers their feet under rather than in front of them.
   Exhaust is a set of Mistral short cans with DB-killers. I like the tone without it being obnoxiously loud… and the look. I haven’t got around to buying Beetle’s ECU map (now that it is available) but will do so this winter in the down time. Until then I’ll live with a bit of burble on the deceleration. 
   Mirrors are bar-end from Halcyon (GB). Originally I bought the rectangular version but replaced those with round heads that really compliment the instrument dials. If you ride in traffic; stick to the rectangular heads because the coverage is much better. (Heavy traffic where I live is an oxymoron)
   Horns were replaced with Hella Sharptone. Currently powered through the existing wiring harness therefore some loss of decibels but still an improvement over the meep-meep farce the bike comes with. The frame of the horns needs to be powder coated so they don’t stand out like a sore thumb. (ugly). I tried to hide them behind the front tire on the bracket near the rectifier but one horn touched the brake line.
   Seat: an aftermarket solo seat from AF1. Aside from matching the ‘café’ look it is more comfortable than the stock plank of foam. There are a host of reasonably priced offerings in the aftermarket these days. The one I own has 25k km on it and is just getting more comfortable. A gel-seat could have saved me 20k km…. ☺
   Control levers are imitation Pazzo adjustable clutch and brake.  I bought a long set and a short set to see which I preferred. Combined cost was half of the real thing. Since both manufacturers use computer drive milling of billet aluminum I only feel somewhat bad for not supporting a fellow countryman. Preferences are; the clutch lever long and the brake lever short but have left them both short for the time being.
   Bling… just because: aluminum generator cover, greyed signal lens, pillion pegs to match rear-sets, RAM ball for GPS grip, and a leather tank strap.
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

Offline alanp

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 11:03:55 AM »
I added CRG Bar end mirrors and boy do I like them.  They fold for parking and storage, the image and visibility is perfect. 
I also added the smaller rack intended for the scrambler.  I think it looks nice and is fine for a small tail bag.  I also replaced the rear shocks.  I went with K-tech shock from Guzzitech and am pleased with them.  HUGE improvement in ride quality.  Also a dart flyscreen, and lastly a beetle map.  Another huge improvement IMO. 

make url for image
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 11:05:30 AM by alanp »
Niwot, Colorado
'08 1200 Sport - Black
'16 V7II Stone - Black
Previous Guzzis
'07 Griso, '07 Norge, '03 California SS, '02 California SS, '02 V11 Lemans,  '83 Lemans III, '77 Lemans

Offline SeanF

• Gosling
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 11:12:05 AM »
Ergos: Small windshield, lowered pegs, 1" bar risers, sheepskin on seat, Aprilia Mana mirrors

Suspension: Andreani fully adjustable forks, Racetech rear shocks

Wheels: Front hub laced to a 2.5" x 19" rim & converted to tubeless by Woody's Wheel Works. Rear rim converted to tubeless by me. Wanted more dual-sport tire choices, the extra inch of wheel diameter helps with the already limited front fork travel/suspension, at least in theory. Also tubeless flat repairs are much easier than tubed.

Luggage: Fabricated a setup to mount a pair of medium Tusk aluminum panniers. Didn't like the current offerings and where they situate the luggage. Along those lines I have a complete set of HB pannier racks and 30L junior sidecases I'd like to part with.

Body: Polished aluminum fenders, ostensibly for easier wheel removal but they also look pretty sweet.

Protection (bike): Crash bars, hand guards, fork boots

Other: Centerstand - makes some maintenance tasks easier, also improves parking efficiency in my crowded garage.

Copper Canyon, Mexico area:

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 11:21:40 AM by SeanF »

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 12:07:40 PM »
Forgot to mention fork gaiters and headlight grill to mitigate road gravel damage.
And the centerstand ... I kept the original sidestand which requires lowering it before using the centerstand or not use it. Not sure if the extra $$ for the Euro sidestand is functional enough to be warranted but the centerstand is a must on the same level as the suspension upgrade.
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 12:11:53 PM »
Cha-cha-cha changes; 2013 V7 Special,
The principle reason for upgrading as much as I did was to create the best ergonomics I could manage while retaining a functional caf�-commuter profile.
Most pieces are of a practical nature while contributing to �the look�.

I see a similarity here.

I LIKE to make a bike look good, but I have a hard time justifying modifications that are JUST for looks.

But if I can ALSO improve the function at the same time, then I usually have no (or much less of a) problem spending some dosh.

As such I'm also an opportunist... I didn't "NEED" new rear shocks, but an opportunity arose for some very lightly used YSS take-offs from another owner who sold his bike quickly combined with a deal on an OEM Cafe seat and I couldn't say no to the package, even if I might not have bought either by themselves.

Or another example, if you ever wanted to try a different solution for your forks, I might consider buying the old set-up from you.

I did the same thing with the Sportster, I wanted dual discs and more front end travel, but waited until I friend who'd bought a 1200R wanted to upgrade to a USD/Brembo set-up and then bought the forks and brakes from him as a complete set.

Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline jpv7

• Gosling
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 01:20:07 PM »
2016 V7ii Special:

CRG Bar ends
Hagon Rear Shocks
Racetech front springs, gold valve emulator
Hindle slip ons + ECU re-flash
Dart Marlin windscreen
LSL Rear sets - one of the cheaper options,  but had to modify them to fit. Like them much better than the agricultural OEMs.
Rear Moto Guzzi rack
Removed turn signal spacers, clear lenses and amber bulbs (AF1).

I plan to do the black LSL Speedbar over the winter for $75.

Hymes Inc.

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 03:21:14 PM »
2013 V7 Special.
Bought it used.
Already had Hepco bags on it.
I put a cheap spitfire windscreen on.
Other then that she is bone stock.

Offline wildebube

• Gosling
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 04:58:59 PM »
I've added nothing yet but a Dart Marlin.  In the offing are luggage (still looking, but leaning to Hepco & Becker), suspension, and a more comfortable perch.
Lee Norman
2016 V7 II Special

Offline tasdisr

• Hatchling
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 05:39:22 PM »

2016 V7 II Stone.
Agostini crash bars
Dart Marlin flyscreen
Lower comfort gel seat
Hepco & Becker center stand
Pazzo adjustable levers
OEM mirrors (Stelvio, Norge, Griso)

I will be adding the Hepco & Becker C-Bow setup very soon
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:06:43 PM by tasdisr »
2017 V9 Roamer

Offline Clancy

• Gosling
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 06:05:11 PM »
Damn. You're all making me miss my V7-II Stone.  :sad:

Suspension, suspension, suspension!!
Then a Dart Screen.
And H&B rear rack & C-Bow.
And Agostini crash bars.
And a GuzziPower sump extender.
And a Beetle Map
And a centre stand installed just before the roo took me & the bike out.

Sigh.
I'd better go for a ride on the Griso to forget.... :bike-037:
Cheers
Craig

2012 GRiSO (Factory rollered, Beetle mapped)

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 09:09:31 PM »
2010 V7 Classic - came with centre stand, rack & windscreen - special offer from the factory.

Windscreen later removed - it put the wind straight to the visor.
Cafe seat - more comfortable, & looks better.
Staintune mufflers -"the best thing you can do for your Classic".
DTF head protectors from Finebau Forge.
V7R rocker cover - look pretty.
Sidestand nut & bolt mod - easier for foot to find the stand.
MG tankbag & bra - very handy.
GoCruise throttle lock - cheap, handy, a marvel of simple design.
Spotlights - first cheap incandescent, later Denali D2 LEDs.
Pannier racks - custom made by a mate from stainless rod.
Heated grips - wrap arounds - removable at will.
GAZI rear shocks - much better.
Lithium battery - SSB Powersports - better starting - high CCA - fast idle no longer used.
Power take-off from Powerlet - very useful.
Power connections for Powerlet heated glove & jacket liners - best thing since sliced bread in winter.
Powerlet Termin8 - to minimise accessory wires to the battery & because I had trouble fitting a fuseblock.
Rear sets (V7R OEM) - needed once I removed the windscreen.
Tyrechecker valve caps - can checks tyre pressures at a glance.
RAM ball mounted beside dash - to add the phone holder to use as a GPS.
Laverda-style multi-adjustable handlebars - to emulate the riding position of the 1100 Sport which I find most comfortable for long trips.
Mirrors - tried extensions (not satisfactory) then went to CRG bar end mirrors for a few years, have ended up with mirrors mounted in the lever posts - a Napoleon Baren in the left (cheaper) & a Rizoma in the right (expensive) - found I couldn't adjust well to the CRGs convex lens - traffic was much closer than it seemed.
Agostini stainless steel headers - the original headers were by now (163,000 km) badly corroded.
Agostini mufflers - because the Staintunes wouldn't fit on the new headers.
21L steel fuel tank - spoilt by the V7 Special - a 450km range is much more convenient than 300.
V7R sidecovers - match the new tank & I can see the rear brake reservoir.
Pazzo-style levers - cheaper & better made than stock.

This is what it looks like now.

2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 09:13:35 PM »
This is what is looks like now - cont'd

Mal

Offline roadscum

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 08:39:45 AM »
Nicely  done Mal...... look'n good mate!  :thumb:

Paul
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing " - Socrates

Paul M. in SW Florida: 318 miles, 11 curves and not a Guzzi dealer in sight!

Offline rbm

• Gosling
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2017, 12:08:26 PM »

Got my bike as an insurance recovery vehicle.  Burnt to a crisp in a house fire and restored to what you see above.
- new fairing because old one melted
- new gauge cluster because old one melted
- seat recovered because old one burnt to a crisp
- new foot controls because old ones stolen at the recovery centre
- fork cartridges because OEM front suspension is too harsh for my weight/size
- new rear shocks for the same reason
- added PowerCommander-V because popping on decel.  Wish I had gone with Guzzitech reflash but wasn't an option at the time.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 07:24:31 PM by rbm »
- Robert

2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
1987 BMW K75 @k75retro.blogspot.ca

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2017, 03:43:13 PM »
Stunning rescue. Very well done.

Offline tonUPRacer

• Gaggle Mentor
    • My Racer FB page
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2017, 04:08:24 PM »
2013 V7 Racer:

Agostini Headers & Arrow Exhaust (ceramic coated)
Rizoma bar-end mirrors
2-up seat (I swap between the solo and 2 up frequently)
Viper fairing (I also swap this with the standard fly screen or no screen)
Swiss Army surplus bags (I also swap these out)
Upgraded rear BiTubos with Race Tech weight rated springs
Race Tech weight rated springs in front
Matris Pre-load adjusters up front
Metal fuel filter
Upgraded plug caps and plugs
Added USB charger
RAM smartphone mount
Some decals (yes the original EVAP can smiley face)
can't forget the red adonized valve caps...
lets' see what else...
upgraded Voltage regulator

I think that about covers it. As you can tell I like to switch out seats, fairings, bags sometimes out of necessity other times just to change the look of the bike.

2013 V7 Racer #393
2001 Ducati 900SS (sold)
1999 Ducati 900M (sold)
1979 HD XLS Sportster (sold)

Offline MotoBug

• Hatchling
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2017, 08:58:11 PM »
Sorry MIA and realised I didn't have notifications on. Thanks for the input all. I love seeing the photos.

What a diverse range of preferences. It's great! Definitely useful to myself and other V7 owners looking for solutions. Or stuff to fill that hollow void of yearning you never knew you had.

I've got the Staintune mufflers and am really keen to fit them but I think I'll wait a bit longer and get to know the bike further in it's stock standard form. I do love the sound the Staintunes make when I heard them but running lean might be an issue. If too loud I can swap back to originals. 

Suspension is definitely firm and unforgiving at times. I'll put that down on the list for future consideration. I see USB plugs and RAM phone holders mentioned by a few people. Where did you take the power from to get a usb port near the handlebars? Is there a particular version of holder that best suits the V7?

Oh yeah I forgot the crashbars. Seems like a worthwhile investment or do I rely on insurance covering any damage?

In stock form...

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 09:04:19 PM by MotoBug »

Offline alanp

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2017, 09:35:57 PM »
I didn't mention my USB port solution, but I have a simple one.  I installed a battery tender and ran the cable under the tank to near the steering head.  It just dangles out a bit down there, very unobtrusive.  The battery tender folks make a tender to USB adapter, just about an inch long that plugs right on the end of the cable.  When I need a USB I just bring the adapter along, which I switch between my 2 bikes. 

The crash bars are pretty cheap and look very nice IMO.  The come in both black and chrome.  I would definitely recommend them. 
Niwot, Colorado
'08 1200 Sport - Black
'16 V7II Stone - Black
Previous Guzzis
'07 Griso, '07 Norge, '03 California SS, '02 California SS, '02 V11 Lemans,  '83 Lemans III, '77 Lemans

Offline MotoBug

• Hatchling
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2017, 11:53:02 PM »
Thanks Alan. I'll look into it. I also read somewhere that there is a spare input on a connector under the seat which I think said that you can run a usb port from directly. Something to do with the bluetooth accessory MG offer.

Which crash bars did you buy?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:53:47 PM by MotoBug »

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2017, 06:15:44 AM »
And there's another one up at the top - on my V7S it's to the left of the ignition under the panel - it has a green plug for a GPS - you can either find a female plug to find (from a Mercedes dealer, I'm told) or cut the plug off & wire in a more useful connector. Check the Powerlet catalogue for ideas. If you ride with tankbags you can electrify that with a plug (SAE both ends).

The recommended crash bars are those from Agostini - worked well enough for Clancy when he hit that roo.

I'll send you photos of where I mount the RAM ball on the V7's. Unobtrusive & handy.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here