Author Topic: The new ride  (Read 1945 times)

Offline wheaties

• Gaggle Mentor
The new ride
« on: November 02, 2017, 04:10:52 PM »
Well, ... there's lots of things more important to spend the $$ on, but when someone offers you a great deal on a bike with only 2,500 miles on it....  You take the deal!

I haven't been around much on wildguzzi for the last, oh, four years, but I have been riding my California, commuting to the train station, poking around the NW corner of Connecticut, taking trips to Cape Cod and Skowhegan---met some great folks at a MG rally or two in Skowhegan!  Hard to believe it's been five years already (time for a new helmet).   

Some of you may recall that I had done what I could to help Jim Hamlin of Hamlin Cycles in Bethel, CT get his shop open.  That has worked out quite well.  Besides being a great place to get maintenance done on my bike, he has had me come in on Saturdays and help where I could.  Mostly, I write up the service tickets when the bike is dropped off and close them back out when the bike is picked up.  Am I a service writer?  Not really, the shop is too small and personal to call it that.  Invariably, the customer is talking directly to the mechanic, and I'm just writing it down.  The rest of my time, I just try to make myself useful.

So a little over a week ago, Jim took a 2014 Norge in trade with only 2,500 miles on it.  It's immaculate, clean as a whistle, absolutely nothing wrong with it.  I may never need to buy another bike.

.... sorry, I'm trying to post a picture.  It's on google photos, but not appearing.  I have it bracketed with "[img]" thingies
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:55:13 PM by wheaties »
2011 California Black Eagle
2014 Norge

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
Re: The new ride
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 04:19:21 PM »
 :thumb:
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 04:22:29 PM »
Congratulations!   :bike-037:
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 04:32:04 PM »
 right click on your pic and "copy image address" then use the insert image icon on the reply page (it's the icon below B for bold type. paste the copied address between the [img] brackets
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:32:57 PM by fotoguzzi »
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 04:32:04 PM »

Offline wheaties

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 04:43:40 PM »
right click on your pic and "copy image address" then use the insert image icon on the reply page (it's the icon below B for bold type. paste the copied address between the [img] brackets

Thanks FG, I tried that... it ain't workin! 
2014 Norge

Offline wheaties

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 04:47:10 PM »
This will have to do until I can get the image of mine up:

2014 Norge

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 04:49:15 PM »
 The only way it works for me is to "copy link"
That will give a picture if you click on the link, but that's it.
From a *long* time ago.  :smiley:
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOH1zXsL4v2n11vCjyh757IL77Lkg5Zlo6F5z-x
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline wheaties

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 04:58:03 PM »

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
2014 Norge

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 07:05:24 AM »
I bought both my Guzzis from Jim as well as ride there for major service work for things I don't have the tools for.  Plus, it's a great excuse for a nice long (400+ miles) day ride!
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline wheaties

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 07:08:49 AM »
I bought both my Guzzis from Jim as well as ride there for major service work for things I don't have the tools for.  Plus, it's a great excuse for a nice long (400+ miles) day ride!

I think we may have met.  You came by for service just before the Bennington Bash, yes? 

Matt
2014 Norge

Offline gerryp

• Gosling
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 07:20:45 AM »
Well, ... there's lots of things more important to spend the $$ on, but when someone offers you a great deal on a bike with only 2,500 miles on it....  You take the deal!

I haven't been around much on wildguzzi for the last, oh, four years, but I have been riding my California, commuting to the train station, poking around the NW corner of Connecticut, taking trips to Cape Cod and Skowhegan---met some great folks at a MG rally or two in Skowhegan!  Hard to believe it's been five years already (time for a new helmet).   

Some of you may recall that I had done what I could to help Jim Hamlin of Hamlin Cycles in Bethel, CT get his shop open.  That has worked out quite well.  Besides being a great place to get maintenance done on my bike, he has had me come in on Saturdays and help where I could.  Mostly, I write up the service tickets when the bike is dropped off and close them back out when the bike is picked up.  Am I a service writer?  Not really, the shop is too small and personal to call it that.  Invariably, the customer is talking directly to the mechanic, and I'm just writing it down.  The rest of my time, I just try to make myself useful.

So a little over a week ago, Jim took a 2014 Norge in trade with only 2,500 miles on it.  It's immaculate, clean as a whistle, absolutely nothing wrong with it.  I may never need to buy another bike.

.... sorry, I'm trying to post a picture.  It's on google photos, but not appearing.  I have it bracketed with "[img]" thingies

Matt,

Welcome back.

I just dropped off my V7 for storage.

Gerry
2015 Guzzi V7 Stone - Gloss Red

Offline Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 07:41:12 AM »
That's great... I've heard nothing but good about his shop!

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline wheaties

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2017, 08:13:09 AM »
Welcome back.

Thanks Gerry!

I've heard nothing but good about his shop!

I think we're pretty lucky to have Jim in our area.  The mood around the shop is always pleasant.  The place is immaculate (I have actually heard a complaint that it is too clean).  The people that work there know their stuff.  Gerry brings donuts when he visits.  There's a pool table upstairs in the waiting room....
2014 Norge

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here