Author Topic: 2013 V7 Stone | Starter Motor  (Read 370 times)

Offline alfoliva

• New Egg
2013 V7 Stone | Starter Motor
« on: May 19, 2022, 05:43:20 PM »
Hi all,

I need to replace the starter motor for my 2013 V7 Stone. I was wondering if anyone could help me identify wither the part number or which starter could work for it? I got lost looking for it online, so many different models so asking for help.

Thank you, appreciate your help!
Alf

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
Re: 2013 V7 Stone | Starter Motor
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 11:30:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
Are you sure its the starter motor and not just the usual problem "Startus Interruptus" (bad wiring).
An easy way to check the starter and battery is to take a wire and connect it to the spade terminal of the starter solenoid.
Make sure the bike is in neutral, pull the clutch in to be sure, don't turn the key on (unless you want it to start).
Touch the other end of wire to battery positive terminal or the hot terminal of the solenoid, this bypasses all the interlocks and bike wiring.
If it cranks the engine its not the starter, if it doesn't crank but makes a loud click it could be the battery or a bad ground.
Remove the battery terminals and scrape the battery posts to expose shiny lead, apply some grease and put the terminals back.
When working on battery terminals for safety remove the negative first and it's the last one to go back on, hard to accidentally short out that way.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 11:42:08 PM by Kiwi_Roy »
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 06:49:06 AM »
I’ll second the opinion. Be sure your starter has really failed before buying a new one.  it’s not common for the starter to die.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline alfoliva

• New Egg
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 08:44:23 AM »
Thank you for your help, I will try this and report back with findings. Much appreciated!

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 08:44:23 AM »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here