Author Topic: ABS light half on  (Read 615 times)

Offline Manu.f

• New Egg
ABS light half on
« on: December 08, 2021, 09:21:35 AM »
Good morning to everyone. First of all, sorry for my English. It is translated from google  The fact is that the ABS light on the v7ii stays on at times. The ABS I think works correctly, both on the front wheel and the rear. When starting the motorcycle, it does the test correctly, the two LEDs blink, the ABS and the traction control. When walking and exceeding the speed of, I think I remember 5 km / h, they turn off, but sometimes the ABS light stays on, but with little light output. Half of the warning light stays on. I mean that the circle of the witness only lights up the semicircle above (I put some photos so you can see it) and with less light than when they are illuminated when doing the test when starting. Thank you very much for your help!!

Photo of how it stays on:

Photo when doing the test at startup:

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
Re: ABS light half on
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 10:46:41 PM »
Have you been riding in the rain at all?
LEDs use such a tiny current its very easy for it to leak through a wet fitting.

17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline Manu.f

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 03:25:34 AM »
I've certainly been riding a lot in the rain lately. If it is a problem of humidity in some component, how can I solve it? Thank you very much!!!

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 11:26:01 AM »
could be a wheel speed sensor got some water intrusion. Checking for a fault stored code with diagnostic software would be helpful in ruling out or confirming. It would also specify front or rear. If it stops  once things dry out, which sometimes happens but not always, would be a clue if it is indeed a  water logged sensor. A hair dryer on low heat on the wheel sensors is worth a try. Follow the wire leading to each  in proximity of the tone wheels on front and rear. A little silicone sealant around where the wire enters the plastic sensor is a good idea even on new sensors. Best of luck , dave

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 11:26:01 AM »

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 12:09:08 PM »
could be a wheel speed sensor got some water intrusion. Checking for a fault stored code with diagnostic software would be helpful in ruling out or confirming. It would also specify front or rear. If it stops  once things dry out, which sometimes happens but not always, would be a clue if it is indeed a  water logged sensor. A hair dryer on low heat on the wheel sensors is worth a try. Follow the wire leading to each  in proximity of the tone wheels on front and rear. A little silicone sealant around where the wire enters the plastic sensor is a good idea even on new sensors. Best of luck , dave
I thought about the wheel speed sensors but they are a digital device, certainly if one gets moisture inside they will trigger the ABS fault light, its the half on that puzzles me, thats more like a leakage.
Just dry any connectors off, WD40 might help, the WD stands for Water Dispersant.
As lucian says the wheel speed sensors will suck in water, it enters between the soft cable sheath and the hard epoxy body, you could try warming the sensor up to see if that improves it, The first thing I do with these sensors is smear a little silicone sealant around the point where the cable enters, the silicone provides a flexible seal.
Guzzi drag may throw up a fault code I know it did for the sensor on my friends 1400.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 12:11:38 PM by Kiwi_Roy »
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline Sye

• Gosling
  • Be nice, feel good
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 12:24:18 PM »
I would say it's more likely to be a poor earth connection. Clean up the frame earth's and it should go away.
Good luck.

Offline Superexcellent

• New Egg
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2021, 01:44:19 PM »
I would second a poor earth somewhere and the current is returning to earth though the bulb. A close examination of the wiring diagram may show where the fault lies. Running an earth from the instrument cluster direct to the frame may help as the earth could be dependant on the head bearings.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here