Author Topic: MGNOC National Rally in NH 2021  (Read 21655 times)

Online Dave Swanson

• Guzzi Hero
  • Northern Illinois USA
Re: MGNOC National Rally in NH 2021
« Reply #360 on: June 22, 2021, 07:53:38 AM »
Back home in Wisconsin as of 0100 this morning. Had a swell time! Randy and his gang really did it right.
Even came home with a prize

A wonderful bike indeed!  I enjoyed seeing it and hearing it run.  I would enjoy hearing more about the bike's history, if known. 
Dave Swanson - Northern IL
1935 GTS
1968 V700
1973 V7 Sport
1974 Eldo
1977 Vert
1977 Lemans 1.2
1980 T3 California
1993 1000S - Sparklehorse
2004 V11S - Eraldo-ized
2015 Norge GT8V - Beetle-ized
2016 Griso SE - Beetle-ized
2021 V7-850 Stone Centenario

MGNOC L-780

Online egschade

• Guzzi Hero
  • You can also find me on mgnocnj.forumotion.com
« Reply #361 on: June 22, 2021, 08:12:56 AM »
Still here in NH.  Returning eagle to it's home today.  Yesterday we returned Jim Hamlin's table lift and assorted other stuff.

Thanks for all your help Tom and also Randy, Jim and everyone else who helped make this happen!
The elder Eric in NJ
2020 V85TT Adventure

Past Guzzis:
V7 III
Griso 1200SE
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Offline greer

• Guzzi Mentor
« Reply #362 on: June 23, 2021, 05:28:11 AM »
We got home late yesterday afternoon.  Thanks to all the folks who worked so hard to make the rally happen for the rest of us, Doug and I had a great time.  Wish we'd been able to put more names to faces, but there's always the next rally.  Thanks again!

Sarah
Sarah '21 V7 Special, '17 XT250, '17 V9 Roamer sold August 2021, '16 V7 II Stone sold September 2021, '08 Nevada Classic sold August 2020 
Doug '21 V85TT, '05 Sportster Roadster, '13 XT250

Offline Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #363 on: June 23, 2021, 05:40:40 AM »
Good to meet you.  Sorry couldn't spend more time with you.  A lot of people that I have not seen in 6 years.  Hopefully someone will sponsor next year's National Rally.😱
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi

« Reply #363 on: June 23, 2021, 05:40:40 AM »

Online Pescatore

• Sunday Rider
« Reply #364 on: June 25, 2021, 12:45:45 PM »
Pictures of other interesting bikes I saw.  I hope the owners don't mind, I'll take them down.

Love the cap locks!  How do you drive this?  So many levers, so little time.

A bit overdue excise taxes:

The most Guzzi I've ever seen in one place (view from food trailer, left to right).

Many more not shown behind the barns.  My father would be proud.

I was pleasantly surprised to see many V85TT.  I like the added front fender and I wonder if the color matching sticker comes with it.

I am still telling people about this rally, one week later.  Maybe it's the sense of adventure suggested by the bike/tent pairs.  Well, back to reality now.
More pictures in this other post: https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=111142.msg1762943#msg1762943
'91 Sessantacinque GT
'80 CM400T
MGNOC Member
Ascolta sempre e solo musica vera
E cerca sempre se puoi di capire

Offline gerryp

• Weekend Warrior
« Reply #365 on: June 25, 2021, 06:23:47 PM »
Gerry, I don't know I missed you but I hate that I did. Dirk, you may be on to something...

Sarah

Well, you'll have to post up a pic of yourselves so I can see if I did meet you. 

If you did stop by in the moto garage to pick up a t-shirt or sign up for a demo ride I most likely was around unless I was running an errand for Jim.

I do not remember seeing a V9 at the rally.

Gerry
2015 Guzzi V7 Stone - Gloss Red

Online ToddK

• New Goose
« Reply #366 on: June 25, 2021, 10:13:31 PM »
I am still telling people about this rally, one week later.  Maybe it's the sense of adventure suggested by the bike/tent pairs.  Well, back to reality now.
More pictures in this other post: https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=111142.msg1762943#msg1762943

Me too! What a cool gathering, eh?! You must have snapped those pics Thursday or Friday, I didn't roll in until late Friday, camped over by that little foot bridge.

Definitely looking forward to catching some other rallies!

Online elrealistico

• New Goose
« Reply #367 on: June 26, 2021, 08:17:48 AM »
Very nice! Looks like a good time was had by all. I aspire to be able to take the time to go to these things after my life (kids/wife/parents/work) are able to function on their own or no longer require me to be involved.
Would need to do some test runs on the V7III for motocamping, maybe south Alabama or Georgia---
2018 V7III Special
1978 T140V Bonneville

Offline greer

• Guzzi Mentor
« Reply #368 on: June 26, 2021, 08:48:27 AM »
Me too! What a cool gathering, eh?! You must have snapped those pics Thursday or Friday, I didn't roll in until late Friday, camped over by that little foot bridge.

Todd-- Was that you on the nice Milano?  Doug and I stopped by and we chatted a little.

gerryp-- You may not have recognized the V9, we've outfitted it with a V7 tank.

Sarah
Sarah '21 V7 Special, '17 XT250, '17 V9 Roamer sold August 2021, '16 V7 II Stone sold September 2021, '08 Nevada Classic sold August 2020 
Doug '21 V85TT, '05 Sportster Roadster, '13 XT250

Online Pescatore

• Sunday Rider
« Reply #369 on: June 26, 2021, 10:36:37 AM »

Don't remember exactly, but between Friday and Saturday. Bikes pix on Sunday.
Rallies and morning rides, here I come!  Oh yeah, gotta fix my bike first.  :rolleyes:
'91 Sessantacinque GT
'80 CM400T
MGNOC Member
Ascolta sempre e solo musica vera
E cerca sempre se puoi di capire

Online ToddK

• New Goose
« Reply #370 on: June 26, 2021, 11:43:05 AM »
Ah, yes, Sarah! I remember talking to you two! Pretty sure Doug has a new V85-TT, we were talking a bit about mapping, exhaust, etc? I never got to see your bikes, didn't realize that you had a V7 tank on a V9, that is EXACTLY what I would do. I couldn't take a guess how many Geese I saw over those few days, but I didn't catch a glimpse of a single V9, to my knowledge. A little bit surprising. It frankly makes me want to grab a ride on one. Especially after reading several posts from Kevin here extolling the the virtues of that V9 motor.
Hoping to see more of you all at future rallies! I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist that you all wear name tags...sorry...😁

A pic before taking off from VT. First ever moto-camping trip for the Milano, AND for me. I did ok not over-packing, mostly, except for that stupid garbage bag there with my leather jacket in it. Couldn't make up my mind on the leather or the mesh, so brought both.

Online Cam3512

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #371 on: June 26, 2021, 05:27:14 PM »
This was a great rally for first timers.  They’re usually much smaller, with 30-100 attendees.  Hopefully the rally bug bit you, it’s fun and you make life long friends. 
Cam - NJ Rep MGNOC
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #372 on: July 03, 2021, 03:01:14 PM »
After rally post.  Settling in to being back into Hawaii.  Making plans for Datil, NM.  Long flight Honolulu to Boston and back.  Like going to Europe from the West Coast.  2 flights and I can be anywhere in the world.   :grin:

Randy will be submitting an article for the MGNOC newsletter with details of the rally.  Most that attendees are from the NE.  An anecdotal observation is that he MGNOC National Rally is more of a large regional rally.  Rumors are that that someone has volunteered to sponsor it next year.

A lot of first time Moto Guzzi owners showed up and a lot of first time rally goers too.  Hopefully they will want to go to state rallies to expand their horizons and maybe next year's National.   :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Online ToddK

• New Goose
« Reply #373 on: July 03, 2021, 04:09:09 PM »
Well I for one am looking forward to attending more of these! Would love to be in position to make a trip to New Mexico, and other long-distance rallies, but likely will end up staying regional this season. Here's a shot showing some of the very cool bling from the Nat!

Offline Tom

• Guzzi Hero
« Reply #374 on: July 03, 2021, 05:59:45 PM »
Randy said that he saved about 400 $2 bills for the rally.   :laugh:

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler with donation credit
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here