Author Topic: Great Little Cedar Vale Story  (Read 786 times)

Online Dave Swanson

• Gaggle Hero
  • Northern Illinois USA
Great Little Cedar Vale Story
« on: May 17, 2021, 08:48:09 AM »
On the way out of Cedar Vale to head back home I stopped at the CV gas station to top off the tank ~3 gallons.   The pump had an issue with my card and flashed the message "see attendant".  Of course the CV gas station is unattended most of the time, maybe all of the time.  There was a local gassing up his truck on the opposite side of the pump.  He must have overheard me and passed his nozzle over to me asking "is 87 OK?"  I thanked him, but told him the bike needed 91 and that would get it a bit farther down the road.  The next thing I knew he passed the nozzle to me again stating that it is 91 octane now.  I offered to pay him the 10 bucks or so it would cost, but he refused, stating that "I used to ride also".   

Needless to say I left Cedar Vale with even more good vibes than I already had. 
Dave Swanson - Northern IL
1935 GTS
1968 V700
1973 V7 Sport
1974 Eldo
1974 Police Eldo
1976 Convert
1977 Lemans 1.2
1980 T3 California
1993 1000S - Sparklehorse
2004 V11S - Eraldo-ized
2016 Griso SE - Beetle-ized
2021 V7-850 Stone Centenario
2022 V85TT Guardia d'Onore
2023 V100S

MGNOC L-780

oldbike54

Re: Great Little Cedar Vale Story
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 08:58:48 AM »
 This may have happened to another attendee also  :thumb:

These types of encounters are exactly why we continue having the event in Cedar Vale .

Dusty

Online JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 09:08:51 AM »
This may have happened to another attendee also  :thumb:

These types of encounters are exactly why we continue having the event in Cedar Vale .

Dusty

In this world of bad news, it's really nice to hear stories like this about kind people "playing it forward"... :thumb: :boozing: :smiley:

Does anyone have any photos of the recent Cedar Vale Rally? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

oldbike54

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 09:09:49 AM »
In this world of bad news, it's really nice to hear stories like this about kind people "playing it forward"... :thumb: :boozing: :smiley:

Does anyone have any photos of the recent Cedar Vale Rally? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yes , in the WG National thread  :laugh:

Dusty

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 09:09:49 AM »

Online Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 09:18:46 PM »
Yes, Cedar Vale is special, but welcome to most of rural KS or the midwest for that matter. They look after each other and the outsiders out there.  :thumb:
GliderJohn
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 09:19:28 PM by Gliderjohn »
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline Scout63

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 10:59:18 PM »
Great story. The flyover states should be called the ride-through states.
Ben Zehnder - Orleans, MA USA

Online Tkelly

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 07:49:26 AM »
When we walked into the cafe looking for the other guzzisti all the patrons looked up at us and the waitress quickly pointed to the back room.When I asked how she knew we were  guzzisti the whole room cracked up.I don’t think they get many tourists in Cedar Vale.It was our 3rd rally and we hope to get back next year.

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 08:08:19 AM »
Like Glider John said, I think you'll find MOST folks helpful and friendly here in "flyover" country. It helps if you appear approachable and friendly yourself. A smile and a good morning goes a long way. Most are happy to reciprocate. Too bad so many city folks don't understand the do unto others concept.  :thumb: 
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

oldbike54

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 09:05:05 AM »
 We make a difference in Cedar Vale , between the two groups we are now clear of the $20K mark , money that has been used for park improvements and to help with the museum and the Lions Club .

Once we get past the Sept event hopefully there will be close to a $1000.00 that will go to the no-kill shelter in Newton . I very rarely use the word
"pride" , it is not something I am comfortable with . However , in this case it seems OK , I am proud of what we have accomplished , proud of how we have "represented" in a tiny little village that doesn't see many tourists .

Next project is helping with seed money for repairing the South wall of the pavilion . Who knew a fund raiser was hiding in this dumb Okie ? :shocked: :laugh:

Dusty

Offline blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 10:18:21 AM »
While the folks may have been fine, the wind certainly was not on Sunday heading East.  Still, glad I went, but man, what a breeze.
Blue Guzz

oldbike54

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2021, 10:21:33 AM »
While the folks may have been fine, the wind certainly was not on Sunday heading East.  Still, glad I went, but man, what a breeze.

Oh man , it was windy even for Kansas , one of the locals was worried about us getting home safely  :shocked:

The weather , everyone talks about it , no one actually does anything about it  :laugh:

Dusty

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2021, 10:27:30 AM »
The wind was awful...so much so that I am considering a large windscreen again...but the riding was good!
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here