Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1033820 times)

guzziman61

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #390 on: December 13, 2008, 10:37:05 AM »
Hello all

Eric W. Root

Technical Director for production company

Brookfield, Illinois

Interest Motorcycles, Cars, camping, hiking ETC.

Offline demills

• Gosling
« Reply #391 on: December 13, 2008, 11:03:10 AM »
Dennis Mills
Independence Missouri
Happily divorced for 8 years, son 28 & daughter 20.

I'm a high school Custodian in KC, my co-workers get upset when the kids call us janitors, but I don't care.

I've been riding motorcycles since I was 17 except for a 12 year period from 92 to 04 due to financial problems, the ex was much better at spending money than making it. After getting the debts payed off & my credit rating restored started thinking about getting a M/C again, I knew I wanted something with shaft drive, I had had Beemers before, a 74 R90/6 (totaled in a rear end collision) and a 77 R75/7, I didn't like the seating position on the Japanese cruisers and couldn't afford a BMW so looked at Guzzi, I had known some Guzzi riders back in the 70's and one of the teachers (retired) at my school had a couple of Guzzis so I was sorta familiar with them, I had also met Mike & Alice Harper many years ago, so when I looked in the Yellow pages and saw Harpers listed decided to take a drive and see what they had, got lost but finally found it, a Motorcycle dealer on a farm who would of thunk it :D. Well anyways ended up buying the only Breva 750 they've ever sold, now have 28,300 miles on it and still loving it ;D
09 V7 Classic
'13 Honda NC700X

Dennis Mills
Independence, Missouri
"GPS? Why would you want one of those? You can't get lost. There is no fun in that."

Offline zeta

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #392 on: December 14, 2008, 12:18:40 PM »
Mike Adams (53) or (35 if dyslexic)
Manitou Springs Colorado
Math Teacher
Retired Navy
Married
3 kids, one of each :D
3 grand kids
Hobbies: sailing (no more as Katrina took my boat, Nonsuch26, and moved me to god awful Colorado ;D)
Motor Toys (2-08 KLR's, willing to trade one for a Quota, 1-07 Norge,  1-06 Ninja 250, 1-05 Pitster, 1-04 Honda ex400 quad, 1-63 Honda ct200
Travel (trips this year, Nationals(west coast loop)--Norge, Mazatlan--Norge, West Fest--KLR), planned--Nationals/Montreal summer of 09.

If you are coming to Colorado give me a shout, great riding awaits.

guzzipalace

« Reply #393 on: December 30, 2008, 02:47:53 AM »
It's been a few years since I did this and the results were interesting then...

Please introduce yourself to the group. Give your name, age, occupation and location.

Hello Guzzisti!
My name is Peer Janssen from the Netherlands; almost 54 years young, 4 grown up kids and I own a private Moto Guzzi museum. Please check out my website http://www.guzzipalace.nl  My occupation: senior trainer and consultant in a European leisure company. Since 1985 I collect and restore old Guzzis....at this very moment I own about 35 Guzzi motorcycles.....if you visit my website and click under "collectie museum" you will find pics..... I will translate my website also in English in the near future by the way....
This summer I sold a 1994 Moto Guzzi California to Matt Shively who was working as a army officer (communications) in the Netherlands and he returned to the States a couple of months ago. On December 07, 2008 he introduced himself on the site.... I hope to get in contact with him...so... please Matt respond!! I hope you are still satisfied with the California bike??
Wish you all guys(and girls..) a very very happy newyear... Please let me know what you think about my website..... Ciao, Peer

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #393 on: December 30, 2008, 02:47:53 AM »

bsnell

« Reply #394 on: December 30, 2008, 11:05:24 AM »
Barry Snell
Age 63 (64 next week!)
Trial Lawyer
San Antonio, Texas

Married, 3 sons, 3 stepchildren, 3 grandchildren
Iron Butt Rider (on 1998 Cal)
2002 MG EV80
2003 BMW R1200CL
2002 Triumph Bonny
1994 Honda Aero "Captain America" chopper

Wife, Melissa, rides 2006 Honda Shadow 800

Offline Edo

• Hatchling
« Reply #395 on: December 30, 2008, 02:55:30 PM »
Ed Mason
age 64
retired printing/graphic arts teacher

Living in the woods of southern Delaware, at a place called Mandelawario (says so on the driveway sign)
'00 V11 Sport (green)
'83 1000SP
'81 KZ/GPZ 550  (that I stopped riding about 2 years ago and need to get of)
LM III (gone)
Two grandchildren

Hobbies: motorcycles, food, wine, beer, Italian (language), traveling in Italy, darts, woodworking sometimes, and feeding the wood stove

cin cin,
Edo
'13 Norge
'00 V11 Sport
'83 1000SP
Milton, Delaware

Offline Sluggo

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #396 on: December 30, 2008, 04:11:28 PM »
Somehow I haven't done this yet.

AJ Johnson

35 yrs old - high school history teacher / football coach

Married to a wonderful (and younger) woman who rides a 2001 California Special.

1/2 child -  We are foster parents hoping to adopt the 2yr old we have been taking care of for 5 months.

Hobbies:  Motorcycles (duh), old cars (1954 Dodge Coronet), sports, general tinkering in the garage.  I tend to buy non-running motorcycles, fix them & sell them to buy more non-running motorcyles.   ???

We live in Corpus Christi, TX and enjoy the weather.  Born in TX, but grew up in Colorado, the wife wanted to go somewhere warm & couldn't afford to live in San Diego, CA (and didn't want to be known as a Californian).  We miss the mountains, but not the snow.  We go back every summer.  We recently bought my father-in-law a bike which allows me to ride up there too.   ;D   

If you are ever in South Texas give us a shout.  Just a few months until Spring Break.  :-\

AJ

This list is always changing!

2007 Griso (THE bike)
2005 MZ1000S (1 of maybe 35 in the US)
2004 Honda F4i (toy that will be sold soon)
2001 Aprilia Falco (boom-a-rang bike, sold it & bought it back)
1974 Eldorado California
1972 Eldorado (w/ Dnepr sidecar)
1972 BMW R75/5 Cafe Racer

Jim King

« Reply #397 on: December 30, 2008, 07:11:54 PM »
Jim King.  A lot like my sigh-on name. 
Live in NW Arkansas near Gentry. 
Pushing 62.  Social Security--here I come. 
Married-- forever. 
Three Kids-- Two are still married. 
Two Grandkids.
Not sure what I do. 
In the past, I have been Aircraft Mechanic--North Island Naval Air Station. 
2 years Army. 
Tried farming in New Mexico.  That also seemed like forever. 
Construction. 
Longhaul truck driver. 
The last eight years-- Auto and some motorcycle rebuilding. 
Now I am helping a friend build a shop. 
Mechanics and welding always mixed in there. 
I am also looking for a good Mail Scam where people just send me money. 
Most hobbies involve hammering, welding, grinding, rusty parts, motors, old cars and some electronics. 
Oh, yeah.  Moto Guzzis. 

andrewdonald1

« Reply #398 on: December 31, 2008, 08:08:48 PM »
Andrew Donald
Puyallup, WA
Manage commercial mechanical construction (HVAC, plumbing, piping, fire protection).

Riding 20+ years, everything from dirt bikes, ATC's, sport bikes, Harley Road King, to finally a Guzzi V11.
In the last two years, I finished up two restoration projects (and learned a lot!)
1986 GSXR 1100 frame up: (engine from a 2002 Bandit 1200, big bored, ported heads etc, 17" wheels, upgraded forks etc) - a real beast!
1975 Honda CB550K1 for the wife - I loved this little bike.

Finally decided to downsize to one do it all bike.
Had to be air cooled, minimal maintenance and had to be Italian - left only Moto Guzzi.

Love it!

Offline Phil/TX

• Gosling
« Reply #399 on: December 31, 2008, 09:45:19 PM »
Wow, found this thread late:

Phil Grundy
Semi Retired
Air conditioning and Heating Contractor (now the wife's Co.)
Age 64
Hobbies: Riding, Golf, Fly fishing, Ham radio, and so on and so forth.
"You will seldom regret what you have done, but you will always regret what you have not"
2014 V7 Special
20 Guzzi V85TT Coast Guard (super chicken)
23 V100 S Mandello ( wing man)
1973 Puch 175 Enduro
2003 BMW R 1150 RS
1972 R75/5 with sidecar

mudwasp

« Reply #400 on: January 01, 2009, 12:14:32 AM »
jeanette
colorado
research
married w/kids 1 teen 1 out of the house
V11 scura,Kawasakis-ex650f,klx300r,Gas Gas txt2000 and a tarted up klx110pit bike(most dangerous bike in the garage).
interests-my family,work, italian motorcycles,other motorcycles,art,cooking,friends,pets,trail riding,reading

Humbug

« Reply #401 on: January 01, 2009, 04:03:14 AM »
guzzipalace: nice collection!

Name: Alex

Current location: London, England

Current bikes:

Honda Bros (Hawk GT647) with 126,000km on the clock, and the most reliable bike I've ever owned, having taken me reliably over Europe, and to work for the last 12 years.

Guzzi 850 T5 with 60,000 miles on the clock, which has been less than ideally reliable, but which I am kicking into reliability. Most frustrating aspect has been an electrical system that refuses to stay charged. Still comfy, adequate handling, and fun to ride.

Past memorable bikes:

Yamaha SRX400:
Fun single in classic Brit cafe racer style. Lots of fun from 27hp.

Honda VFR400 NC30
Best handling bike I've ever owned, but hideously uncomfortable until 45mph, when the wind takes the weight off your wrists. Entertaining V-four motor with gear driven cams. Useless as a pillion carrier.

V50 Mk II
The only bike ever to set itself alight while I was sat on it. The rebuild took two years, but it eventually left my possession a fair bit more reliable than when I obtained it. Fun in small doses on back roads when it would bounce hilariously on its Koni shocks. It took me to Scotland a handful of times, and was good fun touring around the lochs. It also taught me what little I know about bike mechanicals.

I would like to trace either of the people that encouraged me into Guzzi's all those years ago, Chris (left), or Martin (right).

Thank you,

Humbug

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #402 on: January 06, 2009, 10:35:50 PM »
Well, it's about time I did this.

I finally chose a bike.  Will be seeing a 1984 850 T5 in about three weeks.  Being shipped from WI to NM.  Got it from the MGNOC ads.  Am looking forward to getting it.

My last bike was a 1971 Honda 500-4 that I rode/commuted on for about 12 years (79-91).  I decided to get back to riding again and a MG was on my short list of bikes I always wanted.  I didn't want a high HP sport bike so started looking a few months ago, with a lot of assistance from folks in here and in the V11 forum.

Name: Charlie Bice
Occupation 1-retired Army
                2-large defense contractor/engineer
                3-manufacturer of model airplane kits
Married for 33 years
Current Location: Tijeras, NM (mountains just East of Albuquerque)
Past Locations: Grew up in Phoenix, Army time in NY (West Point), KY (Ft Knox), Germany (near Ansbach), NM (White Sands Missile Range)
Other vehicles:  Toyota Tundra (mine)
                      Mini Cooper Clubman S (wife's)

Am glad I found this forum.  Great bunch of people.
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

braunsan

« Reply #403 on: January 19, 2009, 06:22:14 PM »
Former Iowa Farmboy, 32
Recently married
grad student (high school science teacher someday - military service slowing school down)
weather officer, MN air national guard

I've had lots of interesting jobs, oil refineries and family farming being most interesting (and rewarding)

live in Des Moines, IA

'68 CB160
'73 CB350
'72 R75/5
'04 Stone!

Freeburd

« Reply #404 on: January 19, 2009, 09:08:27 PM »
  Hello Everyone!

Jeff Burd
  Age 55
  Ocupation:Sole proprietor Residential remodeling business 25 years
  Married
  two children, son 27 yrs & daughter 24 yrs-son in law 24 yrs
  Freeport, Illinois
  Hobbies: motorcycles, skiing , bicycling, Rc airplanes, & closet banjo picker on
  stage a few times.

Motorcycles owned past & present: Honda 69 125, Honda 71 CB450 DOHC,
  87 Honda helix 250, 94 Suzuki 850, present 98 moto guzzi EV, 73 850 Eldo.

Comments: Guzzi Rallies are the best!! Have been attending midwest rallies for
  last 10 yrs. Really Great People! Good Food & spirits. Guilty of lurking.

cjbwfd

« Reply #405 on: January 22, 2009, 09:52:48 PM »
Charlie Bull
Firefighter (3 more years and done, then life on the bike)
Westfield, Ma

supernav

« Reply #406 on: January 23, 2009, 08:08:18 AM »
Hi Guys,

Nick Brook from Haslingden, Lancashire, England UK

2007 California Vintage (traded my 1976 T3 in for it)

2005 Buell Firebolt Yee ha!!!!!!!!!!! (Traded my 1998 Ducati ST2 in for it)

Run my own IT company producing debt recovery software (well someone has to be in the right place at the right time!)

53 years old, widowed in 2007 but picking up the pieces and living again now

Zipster

« Reply #407 on: January 23, 2009, 08:26:16 AM »
Rob Glynn, 46, Newton NC
Engineer, now designing supply chain systems for home improvement retailer, former Navy Flight Officer.
Busy dad with 3 kids 15, 12, 7.  Married for 18 years.
Rider of all things 2-wheeled...Current moto is 07 Norge bought used with 5K miles and now sorted out, highly enjoyable for my 80-mile/day commute to work through hills of northwest NC.  Sold an 03 Stone Touring last year with 18K miles after struggling to find dealer in reasonable distance to do cam/valve recall.  History with older Hondas (69-73 CBs) and shared ownership of a BSA in college.  Do some bicycle racing including 24-hour mountain bike races with my team Assnelbows.
Small side business roasting coffee.  Also brew beer, garden and spend a lot of time outdoors with the kids: canoe, camp, backpack, beach, travel.  Great place to live for all that.
Would love to head to a rally this year and do some longer trips; Time is scarcest resource.  Also want to get into an older MG project at some point, good work to share with kids.

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #408 on: January 23, 2009, 10:04:09 AM »
Rob Glynn, 46, Newton NC
Engineer, now designing supply chain systems for home improvement retailer, former Navy Flight Officer.
Busy dad with 3 kids 15, 12, 7.  Married for 18 years.
Rider of all things 2-wheeled...Current moto is 07 Norge bought used with 5K miles and now sorted out, highly enjoyable for my 80-mile/day commute to work through hills of northwest NC.  Sold an 03 Stone Touring last year with 18K miles after struggling to find dealer in reasonable distance to do cam/valve recall.  History with older Hondas (69-73 CBs) and shared ownership of a BSA in college.  Do some bicycle racing including 24-hour mountain bike races with my team Assnelbows.
Small side business roasting coffee.  Also brew beer, garden and spend a lot of time outdoors with the kids: canoe, camp, backpack, beach, travel.  Great place to live for all that.
Would love to head to a rally this year and do some longer trips; Time is scarcest resource.  Also want to get into an older MG project at some point, good work to share with kids.

Come to Guzzi's in the Blue Ridge and the Virginia rally.

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Gregory Holt

« Reply #409 on: February 05, 2009, 08:30:21 AM »
Dean,
I'll be in the Blue Ridge mountains in mid June. Do you know the dates of the Guzzi rally in Virginia? Love riding that part of the country.
Greg Holt, Tallahassee

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #410 on: February 05, 2009, 08:45:30 AM »
Dean,
I'll be in the Blue Ridge mountains in mid June. Do you know the dates of the Guzzi rally in Virginia? Love riding that part of the country.
Greg Holt, Tallahassee

2009 VMGOC Virginia State Moto Guzzi Rally
June 26,27, & 28, 2009
Glen Maury Park, Buena Vista, Virginia

North Carolina Moto Guzzis in the Blue Ridge
Jul 31 to Aug 2, 2009
Moto Guzzi campout at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground, Cruso, North Carolina. Ten minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway, north on Highway 276. Full facility campground with campsites, hot showers, laundry, and chalets. Full service restaurant. Awards for Guzzi riders. No registration fee for rally. Call campground to reserve chalet: 828-235-8350. Blue Ridge Campground, 59 Motorcycle Drive, Canton, North Carolina 28716. http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 02:35:32 PM by Dean Rose »
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

dextertan

« Reply #411 on: February 05, 2009, 10:16:10 AM »
Hi,

My name's Dexter, living in Singapore (anyone heard of us? ::))
Occupation: Medical Rep. (Stiefel Lab). Come-back rider after 20 years.. Owned a '07 Norge GTL, used to ride VT250 and XR400 in the 80's. 46 now, married with a daughter. Small country, so I ride in neighbouring countries like Malaysia and Thailand mostly. Hope to learn more about my bike in this great forum!

Dexter

jbolivar46

« Reply #412 on: February 05, 2009, 02:29:11 PM »
Hi,

Jim Bolivar
Eugene, Oregon
Special Ed Teacher
Married
2 children, 3 stepchildren
Family
Gardening
Vintage race anything
Touring
Rallies
Current rides are:
64 Ford Short bed F100 429/C6
87 Guzzi Le Mans
77 BMW R100S
73 Raleigh International 10spd
53 Rudge Aero Fixed Gear

Mountain Bob

« Reply #413 on: February 19, 2009, 12:35:44 PM »
Too many Newbies here who haven't taken the chance to tell us a bit about themselves. 
This long-suffering Thread fades from time to time, but I personally find it a handy place to go when I forget the who-what-where of some of our WB posters. 

( ... except for the ones I try very hard to forget.  You know who you are.   :D   )

Sooooooooo >>>   BUMP  !!

Jump in, guys -- and don't forget the "where."   
And while you're at it, why not a pic, like these "
http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=23363.msg354074#msg354074
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 12:49:41 PM by Mountain Bob »

hogdogs

« Reply #414 on: February 19, 2009, 05:55:44 PM »
Don't hate me cuz you ain't me...
I didn't see this when I made threads 'bout myself so I will link them here...
About hogdogs
http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=23500.0

Hogdogs chapter 2
http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=23673.0

Any hotrodder thread...
http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=23469.0

My old Ambo
http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=23556.0
Brent

whitey

« Reply #415 on: February 19, 2009, 07:19:39 PM »
steve (whitey) gates. 49 yrs old. home kiowa ks. occupation self employed farmer. DIVORCED. two children hailey 24 son clint 19. i own two guzzis 1999 white bassa and a 2001 silver jackal. interests are hunting and motorcycles.

hogdogs

« Reply #416 on: February 19, 2009, 07:36:53 PM »
OOPS...
I am Brent in the far wetern panhandle of Fla.
I am another unable to work the 60-80 hours my carreers have demanded. I do what I can though. Since I do not go solo, I am still able to run the dogs on hogs with others around to help.
I am a rabid 2nd amendment supporter. I am a meat predator in a big way. Love bikes and riding but more important to me is wrenching... not to cobble up junkers but rather for improvements and routine maint. Couldn't stand my 90 springer softail as it was rather boring... Loved my Ambo I had previous and my 1980 80 inch 5 speed shovel head. Built the snot out of that motor! ;D I am 40 now and my son is the age at which I was ripping the pavement off the streets of central florida... 19 and my baby girl is 17. Now that the kids are up and growin' good I am getting the itch to run a bike hard again.
Brent

lazydog

« Reply #417 on: February 19, 2009, 07:59:05 PM »
Fred Sanford
Bull Valley, IL

Junk Dealer

Hobbies- ballet, classical music & sand blasting lousy Itailan chrome off old bike parts

Offline ratguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
    • road kill
« Reply #418 on: February 19, 2009, 08:28:23 PM »
Fred Sanford
Bull Valley, IL

Junk Dealer

Hobbies- ballet, classical music & sand blasting lousy Itailan chrome off old bike parts

Bull Valley,  like near McHenry, IL?
JB
John Boettcher
Wonder Lake, IL

"I'll quit riding when they pry the handgrips out of my cold dead fingers"

guzmann

« Reply #419 on: February 19, 2009, 08:41:44 PM »
Brian, age 49, high school teacher, married with three grown daughters and a six year-old son.  I live in southeastern Vermont
I have three Loops ('67 V700, '69 Ambo, '73 Eldo), a 1977 850 Lemans (just purchased (by me, I know what I want) for my upcoming 50th and making its way from New Mexico up to Vermont), and a 2003 V11 LeMans.  Also a 1972 BMW R75/5. 

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here