Author Topic: high idle 1200S  (Read 1532 times)

Offline boatdetective

• Gaggle Hero
high idle 1200S
« on: May 04, 2015, 11:23:25 AM »
Hey folks-

So- I've been through the bike a couple times. At one point, the idle would naturallty run high in colder temps. This season it settles down to 1000 after immediate start up. After the bike warms up- it will stay at 2000 or so. Never below 1500.

I've changed the oil before this season and the oil level is at 1/2 way on the dipstick. I had my throttle bodies out the other year and cleaned them out. I haven't tried it yet this year. I just hooked the bike up to Guzzidiag and the TPS was set at 4.7. I did a reset anyway, and of course it stayed at 4.7.

Any thoughts?  The bike runs just dandy otherwise, so i haven't bothered. However- I'd feel better if i could get the idle back down to where it should be.

THANK YOU
Jonathan K
Marblehead, MA

1981 V50III "Gina"
2007 Griso 1100 "Bluto" (departed but not forgotten)
2003 EV "Lola" gone to the "Ridin' Realtor" in Peoria
2007 1200 Sport "Ginger"

"Who's the cat who won't cop out, when there's danger all about?"  -Isaac Hayes

Vasco DG

Re: high idle 1200S
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 01:21:59 PM »
If you physically press the bell crank closed with your thumb does the idle drop down? If so its probably mucky TB's. I'm assuming that only one air bleed, (At most.) is open and all the other tuning parameters are correct? Try re-setting the self learners and allowing it to re-trim. No errors are showing?

Pete

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
Re: high idle 1200S
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 03:39:37 PM »
It might be the stepper motor.  Try squeezing the hose from the stepper motor to block the air passage and observe if the idle speed changes.  I've got a pneumatic switch in mine which closes as soon as the bike warms up.  Much better engine braking too.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here