Author Topic: What is it?  (Read 543 times)

Online bmc5733946

• Gaggle Mentor
What is it?
« on: March 27, 2023, 02:04:08 PM »

I have a found object I am unable to identify. I am hoping youse guys can help. The threaded stud is 8mm x 1.0 and lefthanded. the little tab in the center slides in one direction as indicated by the arrow on top retracted by a scroll spring installed under it. The top of the unit turns in both directions with some difficulty on the base which is made in one part with the exposed threaded stud. There are two very small roll pins which appear to hold the upper part of the assembly to the bottom plate. Any ideas would be appreciated. My brother found it in his desk drawer and can't remember where he originally found it but its use was unknown to him then as well.

Brian

1989 MILLE GT 
2004 BREVA 750     
1975  Convert

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: What is it?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 02:13:23 PM »
Good puzzle, I bet you get the right answer in a day.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 02:14:43 PM »
An old man I worked with in my teens would say "Looks like an asshole off a hobby horse to me"  :thumb:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 03:13:31 PM »
Sorry but I cannot say, I do however love the reintroduction of the term “youse”.
It is frequently used in spoken communication here in Oz, by a specific socio economic minority.
Working class Aussies or fans of “Houso’s” (not “Huzo’s”), will know what I mean.  :bow: :thumb: https://youtu.be/26O9XYTSj4g
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 03:21:08 PM by Huzo »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 03:13:31 PM »

Offline Bulldog9

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 05:56:42 PM »
Sorry but I cannot say, I do however love the reintroduction of the term “youse”.
It is frequently used in spoken communication here in Oz, by a specific socio economic minority.
Working class Aussies or fans of “Houso’s” (not “Huzo’s”), will know what I mean.  :bow: :thumb: https://youtu.be/26O9XYTSj4g

In the USA, "Youse" is the NY version of the Southern "Y'all"  In Pittsburgh PA it is "Yunse"
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2004 Breva 750, 2007 GRiSO, 2008 1200 Sport, 2016 Stornello #742,
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

Online Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 07:53:16 PM »
The teeth around the edge make me think it is half of a locking device. We have a similar style of thing on our outside deck hammock with a tiltable roof. Back the lever off, rotate, then lock again and whatever remains in that position without creeping.

Best I can come up with Brian.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline aklawok

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2023, 10:55:12 PM »
Just an educated guess, looks like a crank wheel for an old camera tripod, the kind that raises the center stanchion. "they just don't make anymore"
its not the end of the world...but you can see it from here!
2007 california vintage

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here