Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1027846 times)

Offline stokerel

• New Egg
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #3090 on: August 05, 2020, 09:31:57 AM »
Hey everyone! New here and to the Guzzi world, hailing from Eastern Europe.
Owner of a new V85TT Travel, moving up from owning a Honda CBF600 with which I've toured all around Europe together with my wife. So far just passed the 1,5k km mark, booked the first service and absolutely loving the bike.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 09:32:49 AM by stokerel »

Offline Hermanzini

• New Egg
« Reply #3091 on: August 08, 2020, 04:27:18 AM »
Hi!

My name is Roar from Norway, 48 years old.
I am into Italian cars and bikes, currently I have 4 Fiat`s, 1 Lancia and 2 Moto Guzzi`s.

Previous bikes:

96 Ducati M600
98 Ducati M900
96 Ducati M600
77 Honda CB550
77 Yamaha RD400 Daytona

Current bikes:

97 Moto Guzzi 750 Nevada "Freccia Tricolore" Cafè
80 Moto Guzzi 850 Le Mans "Bianco Latte"
97 750 Nevada
80 850 Le Mans

Offline j.davis

• New Egg
« Reply #3092 on: August 08, 2020, 06:31:14 AM »
John Davis
SEQ Australia
Disabled ex serviceman
looking at a V85tt

Offline Jorg66

• Gosling
« Reply #3093 on: August 08, 2020, 09:41:22 PM »
Hi I'm Jorg ,born and raised in Niedersachsen Germany , moved to Manitoba /Cdn in '94 .
married 2nd time around . Work in AG ,Sales Agronomist. Age 54.
Interest are Old Iron ,Motorcycles and Travel ,some Sports. First Guzzi in '89 was a Nuovo Falcone and currently our 2019 California.
Glad to be here ! cheers !
Now 2019 California ,,2018 [ New] V7 III Carbon Dark
Ex  1979 Kreidler Florett, 1980 Z 550 , 1969Nuovo Falcone/ Polizzia,2006 VTX 1300 C ,1982 Honda CB 125 S

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3093 on: August 08, 2020, 09:41:22 PM »

Offline Joseph Grangnelli

• New Egg
« Reply #3094 on: August 09, 2020, 04:04:50 PM »
Joseph Grangnelli
Spokane WA
Retired

Hello everyone, I am not a motorcyle rider but I do have a Laverda Jarama 1000 in beautiful condition, for sale!

Offline Mega_R

• New Egg
« Reply #3095 on: August 13, 2020, 10:50:45 AM »
Hello!

I'm Ryan from East Tennessee

I just bought my first Moto Guzzi (2003 California EV) after lusting over them for some time. My current inventory of bikes are as follows.

2017 BMW F800GSA
1974 Harley Davidson XLCH
2003 Moto Guzzi California EV

I hope to get this bike running after it has been sitting for the better part of a decade... I will be posting help threads soon.

See you on the road

Offline mdimo

• New Egg
« Reply #3096 on: August 13, 2020, 05:08:56 PM »
Hi Guys,
Im Mike and I live in White Rock,British Columbia.Born and raised in Toronto and lived in Edmonton Alberta prior to moving to BC.
Im 54 and retired.

I have a 2017 v7iii Anniversario

Also have a 1985 Yamaha Virago 1000
1969 Norton Commando
1967 BSA Lightning

Love the content on here !!

Offline Guzzikiwi

• Fleet so far
  • New Egg
« Reply #3097 on: August 15, 2020, 03:53:12 PM »
Hello
My names Ricky Stewart
I'm from Southland ,New Zealand
I'm Self employed
And I'm 46 Years old.
Here's a Pic of my Guzzi's so Far.(I have JohnR '02 Cali)
Thanks for letting me join the Group.

-'71 Ambassador
-'89 Lemans 1000
-'02 Cali-sport EV
-'03 Aprilia RST

Offline BLU 8 FITTY

• New Egg
« Reply #3098 on: August 15, 2020, 06:51:40 PM »
howdy!

new to forum, with a new 2020 V85TT Adventure, Red/White aka #ItalianMistressNo4 , just got the 900mi service completed.

taking off next week for a moto-camping trip with my wife aka #ItalianMistressNo1 she will be on her 2016 V7ii Special, Red/White....(yup....we be matchymatchy) and me on the new V85. we are starting in los angeles, heading along to coast to norcal, oregon, cut over to idaho, loop thru idaho, drop into montana (yellowstone/glacier), down thru utah ....zion, arches moab, ect, nevada, the run the sierras down home.....3 weeks of joy and no doubt some suffering....i live for suffering!

getting the bikes all pulled together and prepped....lots of extra goodies on them.....putting on a tank bag on my v85 and looking for one for the v7, suggestions?

thanks yall!

tallv85

Offline Rich

• New Egg
« Reply #3099 on: August 23, 2020, 07:38:17 PM »
Richard Lamm

Jet fuel delivery driver

Wife thought I needed a hobby so I found a '67 V700 with 3500 miles to tinker with.

oldbike54

« Reply #3100 on: August 23, 2020, 11:58:46 PM »
Richard Lamm

Jet fuel delivery driver

Wife thought I needed a hobby so I found a '67 V700 with 3500 miles to tinker with.

Great wife .

Dusty

Offline RossB

• New Egg
« Reply #3101 on: August 24, 2020, 08:18:29 AM »
Thanks for letting me in!  Here are some vital (and not so vital) statistics:

NAME:  Ross Bentz

OCCUPATION:  Inertial Guidance systems for navigation in space (Back to the Moon in 2024!!)

MOTO GUZZI:  2016 V7ii Stornello

OTHER BIKES:  BMW R1200 GSA, KTM 690 Enduro R, Harley Davidson Springer, Buell X1, Honda CM250

HOBBIES:  Machining, Welding, Fabrication, Carpentry, Cartography, Krumping, BASE Jumping, Growing Tomatoes, Interpretive Dance, Skateboarding, Reading and Writing Travelogues, and Juicing...

INTERESTS:  All things mechanical!  In particular, motorcycles of every shape and size, old Willys jeeps, fast cars, bi-planes, boats, pictures of your dog, tractors, travel, guns, HST quotes, and tools!

WHAT I HOPE MY OBITUARY MAY SOMEDAY SAY:  "He was a pillar of his community, an unrepentant gearhead, a devoted husband and father, an Army veteran, and a consummate professional, but to those who knew him best, he'll always be fondly remembered as an a$$4o7e." 

Offline Wild1_OR

• Hatchling
  • Whaddaya got?
« Reply #3102 on: August 25, 2020, 04:55:18 PM »
Hello, I hail from Oregon and I'm searching for my first motorcycle. Moto Guzzi might be too much bike for a beginner, but it's what I'm here to find out. Even if turns out that it is, I certainly see one in my future. I actually created a thread asking the question, before I noticed this introduction thread.

https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=107204.0

I look forward to interacting and getting to know everyone. Thank you.
2018 V7 III Stone Azzurro Elettrico

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #3103 on: August 25, 2020, 06:00:50 PM »
Hello, I hail from Oregon and I'm searching for my first motorcycle. Moto Guzzi might be too much bike for a beginner, but it's what I'm here to find out. Even if turns out that it is, I certainly see one in my future. I actually created a thread asking the question, before I noticed this introduction thread.

https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=107204.0

I look forward to interacting and getting to know everyone. Thank you.

Welcome to the group, & this is a good place to get lots of solicited (& unsolicited) advice on nearly any topic that doesn't involve politics or religion you can dream up.

Regarding advice on a Guzzi being/not being a good first bike, there are really too many variables to come up with a quick answer.  How big/small are you?  Do you live in a rural/suburban/urban area?  Do you want to ride paved roads only, dirt/off-road only, or a combination of both. What kind of financial limitations are you working with?  Are you experienced & comfortable on a bicycle?  Coordinated or a clutz?  Etc., etc., etc.  If there is one within reach of your home turf, the first step should be to find a beginners motorcycle rider training class - check local junior colleges, local govt recreation departments, local Harley dealers, & the Motorcycle Safety Foundation, for starters, on locations.  Most insurance cos. offer a discount for completing a course, & some DMVs may offer an expedited licensing process for those completing a course.

To get back to a specific bike recommendation, I'd suggest getting a cheap used 250 to 500 cc bike to start.  The classic "accident just waiting to happen" is the baby-boomer or gen-xer having a mid-life crisis and going out and buying a big Harley or equivalent and thinking they will be a "biker" or "motorcyclist" as soon as they can ride around the block without dropping the bike.  That may not fit your age and attitude demographic, but I hope you get my point.  A good used Guzzi V50 or V65 would be a good first bike, but I doubt that you'd find a good one that would also be cheap, so look for Honda Rebels or other brand equivalents.  Once you're ready to move up in size, you can probably sell one of these bikes for about what you paid for it - maybe even more if you take the time to detail it & haven't added any new dents or scrapes.  By that time, you should have a better idea of what kind of riding you want to do and have some motorcycle friends or contacts who will give you lots of advice on good &/or bad bike choices for you.
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

Offline Timothski

• New Egg
« Reply #3104 on: August 30, 2020, 09:03:48 PM »
Tim Wright
Macclesfield
South Australia

Luthier (stringed instrument maker and repairer

58 yrs

Guzzi Breva V750 IE

Offline frodewagen

• New Egg
« Reply #3105 on: September 01, 2020, 05:21:20 AM »
Frode Wågen
Haugesund, Norway
Guzzi Noob

47 yrs

Guzzi V7 III Carbon Dark

Offline Dimitri_Harkov

• Hatchling
« Reply #3106 on: September 15, 2020, 03:38:16 PM »
Hello from Vienna, Austria!

I'm 40 and recently bought a slightly used V7III Stone NP and love it :)

I read a lot of posts here when I was deciding which bike to get - and that helped a lot!
Now I hope to return the favour, so to say, by contributing to this awesome forum.

Cheers,
D.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 03:52:44 AM by Dimitri_Harkov »
2020 V7 III Stone Night Pack

Offline jusado

• New Egg
« Reply #3107 on: September 17, 2020, 07:45:58 AM »
Hello friends!!!

Julian-Jusado
48 years old
Still single
Bus driver
Hobbies are Motorcycles, History, computers, read, guitar, rock music
Erandio-Biscay-Spain

V9 Bobber 2016
Suzuki RV125

My Loving V9 Bobber

« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 10:05:21 AM by jusado »

Offline Sleuth

• New Egg
« Reply #3108 on: September 25, 2020, 10:42:32 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I’m Arthur from Massachusetts.  65 years old, married and retired.  I started riding five years ago and 70,000 miles later think I’m getting the hang of it.

Recently traded in my Yamaha Stryker for a (new) 2016 Audace.  The Stryker was a fine bike but owning it made me understand why some folks complain about Japanese cruisers.  In short, the bike was simply too refined and smooth (boring) for its own good.  The Audace has the rough edges (character) that keep the ride interesting.

Along with the Audace, I currently own a 2015 Honda CTX700, a 2017 Triumph Trophy SE, and a 2016 BMW S1000R.  The Honda was my first bike and, with its automatic dual clutch transmission, is the perfect motorcycle for beginners.  If my son decides to ride, it's the bike he'll learn on.  The Trophy is a great distance touring bike.  The S1000R combines tremendous power with excellent handling and electronics.

I’m very happy to have found a forum with so many knowledgeable MG owners.

Best regards,

Arthur

Wildroamer

« Reply #3109 on: September 26, 2020, 11:07:18 AM »
Beautiful black bikes you two! Both are absolutely gorgeous!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 08:26:33 PM by Wildroamer »

Offline RD350c

• New Egg
    • My Music
« Reply #3110 on: September 29, 2020, 10:56:29 AM »
Hi, My name is Tim and I"m from Pittsburgh, PA.  I'm a retired engineering professional and a Vietnam Era vet.  I've been riding since 1969 and have been rear-setting/bikini fairinging/superbike barring  every bike I've owned since my 1968 X6 Hustler.  I was alarmed in the 70/80's when cruisers and king&queen seats proliferated, but even more disturbed once EVERY sport bike became a totally fairinged piece of bad art - like a surfboard with handlebars!  YOU HAVE TO SEE THE ENGINE FER CHRISSAKES!!

My 2014 V7 Stone is the first European bike I've owned and it's rewarding me with all the drama, excitement, joy and tragedy I've been missing owning Jap bikes for 50 years. My bikes sing to me, and while my RD is like Punk Rock and the Hawk is King Crimson, my Stone is OPERA     

« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 11:17:58 AM by RD350c »

Offline bikensail

• New Egg
« Reply #3111 on: October 03, 2020, 08:38:33 AM »
Hi, my name is Wally and I live in the upstate of SC in Greenville.  Having ridden for 50+ years I have had all types and brands of motorcycles.  I am mostly a lover of European ones and have had Triumph, BSA, Norton, BMW, Ducati and Moto Guzzi. My main ride now is a KTM 790 AdventureR that is my go anywhere bike.
I have not had a Guzzi since my Centauro and am now wanting something to complement the KTM, most likely a V7.
2018 V7 Milano
2019 KTM 790 Adventure R

Online Dave Swanson

• Gaggle Hero
  • Northern Illinois USA
« Reply #3112 on: October 03, 2020, 08:41:20 AM »
Hi, my name is Wally and I live in the upstate of SC in Greenville.  Having ridden for 50+ years I have had all types and brands of motorcycles.  I am mostly a lover of European ones and have had Triumph, BSA, Norton, BMW, Ducati and Moto Guzzi. My main ride now is a KTM 790 AdventureR that is my go anywhere bike.
I have not had a Guzzi since my Centauro and am now wanting something to complement the KTM, most likely a V7.

Welcome to the forum!  A great place to be for us Guzzi lovers.

The V85 and the V7 are well liked.  I think you will enjoy either choice. 
Dave Swanson - Northern IL
1935 GTS
1968 V700
1973 V7 Sport
1974 Eldo
1974 Police Eldo
1976 Convert
1977 Lemans 1.2
1980 T3 California
1993 1000S - Sparklehorse
2004 V11S - Eraldo-ized
2016 Griso SE - Beetle-ized
2021 V7-850 Stone Centenario
2022 V85TT Guardia d'Onore
2023 V100S

MGNOC L-780

Offline alfaguzziguy

• Guzzi Bimmer Boy
  • New Egg
« Reply #3113 on: October 11, 2020, 10:40:49 AM »
Jim Filice.  69 years young from Los Gatos CA.  Love Alfa Romeos and Moto Guzzis.  Have had double digits of both.
Now have 2017 V9 Roamer, 2016 Eldorado, 1975 Alfa Romeo Spider, and 1990 Spider.
Visited factory in 2002.  Live long and prosper and die old as young as possible.

Offline bottler

• New Egg
« Reply #3114 on: October 11, 2020, 04:31:44 PM »
Good morning/afternoon all,

I am a recently retired police officer, (30+ years),  living in Bungendore, NSW, Australia. I mostly ride a 2013 Stelvio NTX and also a 1979 Laverda Jota occasionally. Some years ago I frequented this forum and decided to rejoin now that I have a bit of time to spare. When not working around the house/garden or managing my son's rugby team I am a volunteer fire fighter. As you can see from my choice of bikes I love all things Italian and have been fortunate enough to visit Mandello del Lario and Breganze.

Cheers

Bottler

Offline Bobic69

• Hatchling
« Reply #3115 on: October 14, 2020, 11:37:38 PM »
G'day Bottler and welcome from a fellow emergency services worker. I'm a firey in Sydney. Bungendore seems to be Oz's Guzzi capital. The Jota is an absolute beauty.
Cheers. Bob
Bellagio

Offline bottler

• New Egg
« Reply #3116 on: October 16, 2020, 06:36:00 AM »

Offline bottler

• New Egg
« Reply #3117 on: October 16, 2020, 06:48:59 AM »
hi Bob,

above is a shot of my Jota, 40 years old and going strong, but not as comfortable as the Stelvio.

All the best with the fires.

Cheers

Bottler

Offline Arctic Fox

• Gosling
« Reply #3118 on: October 18, 2020, 01:22:27 AM »
Hi,

Just wanted to come say Hello to all of you.

I'm newbie here (just registered into this forum). I actually found this forum by accident (yesterday) as I was using google. I come from North Europe (first snow came down yesterday). I'm 22 years old girl.

I'm also newbie with motorcycles. Below is my bike. I have owned that since March 2020. So just the first riding season behind (or learning season). Survived alive; as you can evidence :bow:. Now the bike is already washed, polished and set into winter sleep (warm garage).

So please, if I have stupid questions, do not judge me too hard. First might concern tires ...

« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 01:35:54 AM by Arctic Fox »

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #3119 on: October 18, 2020, 11:22:53 AM »
Wow, that is a very nice Nevada you have!!
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here